• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

[US] Mum-of-two mauled to death by pack of vicious DACHSHUNDS...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/mum-two-mauled-death-pack-12543080

A tragic mum-of-two was mauled to death by a pack of tiny mixed-breed dachshunds, say police.

The dogs which launched a savage attack on victim Tracy Garcia, 52, leaving her with fatal injuries, belonged to a neighbour.

One of the animals was shot by police after running at a deputy who was responding to the deadly attack, local media reported.

The other six dogs that attacked Ms Garcia near her home were taken to a veterinary hospital, where they were put down at the owner's request.

Each dog involved in last Thursday's attack in Ardmore, in the US state of Oklahoma, has legs shorter than an adult human’s hand, a euthanasia technician said.

Westwood Veterinary Hospital co-director Tena Layton told The Daily Ardmoreite six of the dogs were about one year old.

The other was around three years old, and is understood to be the mother of the others.

/snip

The dogs, infested with fleas and ticks, were then taken to the Ardmore Animal Shelter, which said the younger dogs are believed to be a "standard dachshund and terrier mix".

Cray

Honorary Master
Thought this might be a case of "Mirror reporting"....

Another source...

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/animals/police-release-identify-of-woman-mauled-to-death-by-sausage-dogs/news-story/abc5616979dfa8e91868aaeb5a9a58d2

Police release identity of woman mauled to death by sausage dogs
A PACK of seven tiny dachshund-cross dogs launched a deadly attack on a woman on a rural property in America’s south.
How is this even possible? :confused:

When cops arrived at the grisly scene, they say they were forced to shoot one of the animals dead after it charged at them,
Maybe they should have brought some chairs with them... :p

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Looking at the video they have much longer legs than a normal dachshund, because they are dachshund-crosses

Eniigma

Expert Member
Was she unconscience before they attacked her?

I mean how is it even possible. It's not like they have the mass to knock her down and keep her down. I get it possible with panic to fall over and all that... but surely she could get up and a kick would have sent them running or climb on some object.

And the cop shooting (fine they needed to be put down) because it charged him :confused: um, again a swift boot with those cop boots and problem sovled.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Was she unconscience before they attacked her?

I mean how is it even possible. It's not like they have the mass to knock her down and keep her down. I get it possible with panic to fall over and all that... but surely she could get up and a kick would have sent them running or climb on some object.

And the cop shooting (fine they needed to be put down) because it charged him :confused: um, again a swift boot with those cop boots and problem sovled.
NOT NORMAL DACHSHUNDS!

Batista

Executive Member
I hate all tiny dogs.Damn pack behind my house, that high pitched barking and yapping drives me insane.Also because the dogs are small, people tend to treat them like their babies and majority dont discipline them because they are 'so cute and small'.This is a weird story though.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
The dogs, infested with fleas and ticks, were then taken to the Ardmore Animal Shelter, which said the younger dogs are believed to be a "standard dachshund and terrier mix".
1. Cross breeds run the risk of being faulty

2. The owner was likely unfit and complicit in ''raising'' dangerous animals, regardless of size.

Story reminds me of this;

[video=youtube;e286_jS6R0I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e286_jS6R0I[/video]

Last edited:

Temujin

Expert Member
I agree, get a proper dog or a leopard to eat them.
:D Took my puppy to park on sat, a little rat(not on lead) was 'challenging' her, no stop yapping... owner walks up to me and says 'if you let your dog off lead, mine would stop bugging her', my response, 'I know it would, its only a mouthful'

maumau

Honorary Master
Dachshunds are hounds :)D) and work as a pack.

Six of them belonging to my brother attacked a cat, after they'd finished with it the only the head was recognisable as a body part :sick:

EDIT: I know these the dogs in OP were cross-breed