US Politics and Trump Category IV - I've never even heard of one that big before

Will Trump be impeached?

• Hell yeah he's guilty as a mofo

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • He's gonna keep triggering leftards until 2024

Votes: 73 62.4%
  • Whoever made this poll clearly has no idea how impeachment works

Votes: 19 16.2%

• Total voters

Temujin

Executive Member

cerebus

Honorary Master

Bolton's lawyer says he has information on Ukraine that hasn't been disclosed

Former national security adviser John Bolton has "personal knowledge" of relevant meetings and conversations "that have not yet been discussed in testimonies thus far" as part of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, but he is still refusing to testify until a federal judge rules in an ongoing legal fight between House committees and the White House, according to his lawyer.

Bolton's lawyer, Charles Cooper, wrote a letter to lawmakers Friday in which he teased the idea that his client could offer new details related to the impeachment probe, as well as additional context about events that have been described in other witness testimony.

Bolton "was personally involved in many of the events, meetings, and conversations about which you have already received testimony, as well as many relevant meetings and conversations that have not yet been discussed in the testimonies thus far," the letter reads.

:popcorn: The 'stache sees all

cerebus

Honorary Master
Devon Archer
Hunter Biden
Alexandra Chalupa
David Hale
Tim Morrison
Nellie Ohr
Kurt Volker
The whistleblower
All individuals relied upon by the anonymous whistleblower in drafting his or her secondhand complaint
o_O Brain worms

Gingerbeardman

Expert Member
Just In: Republican impeachment witness requests

Devon Archer
Hunter Biden
Alexandra Chalupa
David Hale
Tim Morrison
Nellie Ohr
Kurt Volker
The whistleblower
All individuals relied upon by the anonymous whistleblower in drafting his or her secondhand complaint

First, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

*sigh*

Second, I assume this is a first draft because there is no mention of Hillary Clinton, the DNC server, Obama's long-form birth certificate, George Soros, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, everyone who worked at Uranium One, ever, and @DevinCow
The question is, will you still be laughing once Horowitz FISA abuse report comes out? ;)

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
The question is, will you still be laughing once Horowitz FISA abuse report comes out? ;)
We're still waiting for the full and unredacted FISA request from years ago. We don't want a summaries version with comments, as we know what BS goes on there.

cerebus

Honorary Master

Visit to Arlington Cemetery reminded Donald Trump Jr. of all his family's 'sacrifices,' he writes

"I rarely get emotional, if ever," Trump Jr. wrote in his new book, "Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us." "Yet, as we drove past the rows of white grave markers, in the gravity of the moment, I had a deep sense of the importance of the presidency and a love of our country."

"In that moment, I also thought of all the attacks we'd already suffered as a family, and about all the sacrifices we'd have to make to help my father succeed — voluntarily giving up a huge chunk of our business and all international deals to avoid the appearance that we were 'profiting off the office,'" Trump Jr. wrote.

In the book, Trump Jr. contends that his father's assumption of the most powerful political position on the planet, "was a big sacrifice, costing us millions and millions of dollars annually."

"But it was a sacrifice we were more than happy and willing to make," he wrote. "Of course, we didn't get any credit whatsoever from the mainstream media, which now does not surprise me at all."

lumeer

Visit to Arlington Cemetery reminded Donald Trump Jr. of all his family's 'sacrifices,' he writes

"I rarely get emotional, if ever," Trump Jr. wrote in his new book, "Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us." "Yet, as we drove past the rows of white grave markers, in the gravity of the moment, I had a deep sense of the importance of the presidency and a love of our country."

"In that moment, I also thought of all the attacks we'd already suffered as a family, and about all the sacrifices we'd have to make to help my father succeed — voluntarily giving up a huge chunk of our business and all international deals to avoid the appearance that we were 'profiting off the office,'" Trump Jr. wrote.

In the book, Trump Jr. contends that his father's assumption of the most powerful political position on the planet, "was a big sacrifice, costing us millions and millions of dollars annually."

"But it was a sacrifice we were more than happy and willing to make," he wrote. "Of course, we didn't get any credit whatsoever from the mainstream media, which now does not surprise me at all."
Real-life sattire...

lumeer

According to sources close to Bloomberg, he doesn't know if he'll be able to win the Democrat primaries, and his own data shows that the odds of this aren't good, but he is concerned that none of the current Democrat candidates have what it takes to beat Trump, and he thinks it is of the gravest importance that Trump not serve a second term, hence why he is now seriously considering entering the race. Two of his big problems are that he doesn't appeal to minorities, who are the base of the Democrats, and he's going to struggle to raise donations, considering that his own wealth is practically unlimited, so why would people donate to him, the 8th richest man in the world, yet candidates may only participate in debates if they've managed to attract a certain amount of donations.

Bloomberg has however previously said he wouldn't participate if he doesn't see some kind of feasible route to victory, so I guess there's that. He's got a tough fight ahead if he does run, but defeat isn't certain.

I reckon that most of the existing Democrat candidates would fare poorly against Trump on a shared stage during a debate, but Bloomberg would utterly crush Trump.

lumeer

I really hope that Bloomberg runs for president. I mean, what's he got to lose - he's 77 years old and worth $57 billion. If he manages to win the Democrat primaries, Trump's political career will be over.

greg0205

Honorary Master
I really hope that Bloomberg runs for president. I mean, what's he got to lose - he's 77 years old and worth $57 billion. If he manages to win the Democrat primaries, Trump's political career will be over.
I'll tell you... $3.079Bn

Liz dropped her tax plan a couple of days ago. Within 24 hours, Bill Gates had been all over teevee talking about his philanthropy... and... Michael announced a presidential run. I see a couple of other plutocrats are calling their broadcast pals to line up reps on the Sunday shows too.

He's taking a personal roll in guarding his hoard. Nothing more, nothing less.

On the plus side, folk have been saying only a centrist can win... I suspect the ninth richest man in America's very expensive pollsters have told him that Liz or Bernie are in with a real shot, and his knee-jerk reaction was to put the gloves on.

On the down side, I'd rather he checked his ego and spent the money on Dems in races in battleground states.

EDIT: And Jaime Dimon (worth $1,6Bn), from JPMorgan is on 60 Minutes this weekend to tell you how you should feel about Bloomberg's run, and that Elizabeth Warren vilifies successful people.

Quick reminder: JPMorgan took $25Bn in bailout money after contributing to the financial crisis and then had to pay a $13Bn fine for it's fraudulent activities that contributed to the crisis.

Also, JPMorgan illegally foreclosed on military families.

Also, JPMorgan avoids tax with offshore tax schemes.

But preach Jaime, preach.

MORE EDITS: And Jeff Bezos called Bloomberg months ago to ask if he'd consider running, because of course he did.

Last edited:

rietrot

Honorary Master
According to sources close to Bloomberg, he doesn't know if he'll be able to win the Democrat primaries, and his own data shows that the odds of this aren't good, but he is concerned that none of the current Democrat candidates have what it takes to beat Trump, and he thinks it is of the gravest importance that Trump not serve a second term, hence why he is now seriously considering entering the race. Two of his big problems are that he doesn't appeal to minorities, who are the base of the Democrats, and he's going to struggle to raise donations, considering that his own wealth is practically unlimited, so why would people donate to him, the 8th richest man in the world, yet candidates may only participate in debates if they've managed to attract a certain amount of donations.

Bloomberg has however previously said he wouldn't participate if he doesn't see some kind of feasible route to victory, so I guess there's that. He's got a tough fight ahead if he does run, but defeat isn't certain.

I reckon that most of the existing Democrat candidates would fare poorly against Trump on a shared stage during a debate, but Bloomberg would utterly crush Trump.
Lol. The lefties finally realising how useless their own candidates are. Just one problem. Bloomberg doesn't fit into the whole partisan hysteria the the Dems are betting on to win them the election.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Lol. The lefties finally realising how useless their own candidates are. Just one problem. Bloomberg doesn't fit into the whole partisan hysteria the the Dems are betting on to win them the election.
Useless and Electable are 2 different things. The candidates we prefer are less Electable than the ones we don't. And we realise that the general public is a bit thick, so will go more for glamour than substance.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Useless and Electable are 2 different things. The candidates we prefer are less Electable than the ones we don't. And we realise that the general public is a bit thick, so will go more for glamour than substance.
A 80 year old channeling Marx isn't really substance.