US Politics and Trump Category IV - I've never even heard of one that big before

Will Trump be impeached?

• Hell yeah he's guilty as a mofo

Votes: 34 21.7%
  • He's gonna keep triggering leftards until 2024

Votes: 96 61.1%
  • Whoever made this poll clearly has no idea how impeachment works

Votes: 27 17.2%

• Total voters

Gnarls

Expert Member
The main benefit of a corporate structure/company is that it is a separate legal entity.
And the owners aren't liable for loses. Thats the main reason why companies were invented.

You can just make profits for yourself and your friends in your personal capacity. You don't need a company for that.

Obviously the main goal of a company is to make profit and not go bankrupt, but the main reason to have a company legal structure is to protect against bankruptcy.
But our resident geniuses can't think that far. They need their talking points provided for them.

AlmightyBender

Expert Member
The main benefit of a corporate structure/company is that it is a separate legal entity.
And the owners aren't liable for loses. Thats the main reason why companies were invented.

You can just make profits for yourself and your friends in your personal capacity. You don't need a company for that.

Obviously the main goal of a company is to make profit and not go bankrupt, but the main reason to have a company legal structure is to protect against bankruptcy.
We understand why company structures exist pal. But that has nothing to do with the point of his question which was why people spin Trump to be a successful and competent business person when he has demonstrated multiple times (through bankruptcy) that he is not. This is based on the goal of a company as you have here stated, to make profit and not go bankrupt.

Personally I don't think it even matters and being a good business person does not make you a good politician or leader. The goal and function of government is not to make a profit in and of itself.

Emjay

Executive Member

Not really. It's quite the opposite. In Roman law, only natural persons had rights. The concept of a juristic person was created to grant rights and duties to non-natural entities. Debt accruing to directors and shareholders is a side effect and not the reason for such classification.

TysonRoux

Executive Member
Last edited:

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
So you have just owned your argument with this line then. Besides i would say tax incentives are bigger reasons anyhow.

rietrot

Honorary Master
We understand why company structures exist pal. But that has nothing to do with the point of his question which was why people spin Trump to be a successful and competent business person when he has demonstrated multiple times (through bankruptcy) that he is not. This is based on the goal of a company as you have here stated, to make profit and not go bankrupt.

Personally I don't think it even matters and being a good business person does not make you a good politician or leader. The goal and function of government is not to make a profit in and of itself.
What criteria are you using to determine if someone is successful?

Temujin

Executive Member

ANC says hi :p

greg0205

Honorary Master
“I saw no evidence from our intelligence community, nor from the representatives today for the Department of State, that there is any evidence of any kind of that suggests that Ukraine interfered in our elections." - Mitt Romney

Bizarre, but just watch... Acknowledging reality is going to end up pitting Mitt against ever other Republican on the Hill.

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
Just because you have no idea how taxes work.
:ROFL: says the one who thought the whole point of a business was for it to go bankrupt.

I feel like being entertained however trolltrot, so why dont you explain to me why im wrong? Do the math on different tax levels for a sole prop and a company and tell me which one ends up paying less and at what level.

rietrot

Honorary Master
:ROFL: says the one who thought the whole point of a business was for it to go bankrupt.

I feel like being entertained however trolltrot, so why dont you explain to me why im wrong? Do the math on different tax levels for a sole prop and a company and tell me which one ends up paying less and at what level.
Seems like 21% corporate tax plus 28.6% dividend tax.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dividend_tax

A quick Google doesn't give a straight answer for dividend tax 30% is quoted for non- US residents.

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
Seems like 21% corporate tax plus 28.6% dividend tax.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dividend_tax

A quick Google doesn't give a straight answer for dividend tax 30% is quoted for non- US residents.
Thats not what i asked you though, at different sole prop earnings you are going to be paying different tax percentages because personal tax works with a sliding scale.

Are you now starting to figure out the tax benefits of a company at certain points?

rietrot

Honorary Master
Thats not what i asked you though, at different sole prop earnings you are going to be paying different tax percentages because personal tax works with a sliding scale.

Are you now starting to figure out the tax benefits of a company at certain points?
Almost 50% is already a shît load and that's not even on a sliding scale that's from the 1st $

Unhappy438

Honorary Master

rietrot

Honorary Master
Rofl, its not 50% though, you dont add them on top of each other. Funny you said im the one that doesnt understand how tax works when actually all you were doing was projecting.

If you want to learn something then i suggest you read through this link: https://www.taxtim.com/za/blog/sole-proprietor-or-company-whats-best-for-tax
You do. Because the company pays the 21% tax then if you want to actually get the money out there is either normal income tax if you pay yourself a salary or there is dividend tax.

And frantically Googleing taxes isn't going to change that.

You should read your own examples because it agrees with me. Lol

Last edited: