US Politics and Trump Category IV - I've never even heard of one that big before

Will Trump be impeached?

• Hell yeah he's guilty as a mofo

Votes: 34 21.7%
  • He's gonna keep triggering leftards until 2024

Votes: 96 61.1%
  • Whoever made this poll clearly has no idea how impeachment works

Votes: 27 17.2%

• Total voters

greg0205

Honorary Master
In other news, Duncan Hunter (R-Crimes) plead guilty to the major count in his indictment today (avoiding the other 58 charges), but he's a Republican so I guess that means he'll be back in congress tomorrow.

I mean it's not like he's stepped down 'cos he's going to jail or out of shame or anything like that...

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Well... Phone records.

Devin Nunes call your office please.
Hahahaha.

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) just found himself more deeply entrenched in the impeachment inquiry.

House Intelligence Committee Democrats’ report surfaced a litany of new phone records Tuesday afternoon, revealing in part that ranking member Nunes was in communication with Rudy Giuliani during key aspects of his Ukraine pressure campaign.

In April, Nunes was in conversation with Giuliani and his indicted associate Lev Parnas on several occasions while the pair were also speaking with The Hill’s opinion writer John Solomon.
Another one of those moments where 'imagine if...' scenarios where the right would be blowing up if Schiff did anything remotely like this.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Seems Romney, Thune and Collins didn't get the memo on defending Trump's imbecilic conspiracy theories.

“I draw a completely different conclusion from his,” Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) said. “And it’s my understanding he has now changed his mind a bit. But as a member of the Intelligence Committee I have seen no evidence at all that the Ukrainians were involved. And indeed it is more likely that this is part of Russian disinformation campaign, in my judgment.”

“Everything I’ve seen from the intelligence community and our Intelligence Committee puts it squarely on Russia.” said Sen. John Thune of South Dakota, the No. 2 GOP senator.

"I saw no evidence from our intelligence community, nor from the representatives today from the Department of State, that there is any evidence of any kind that suggests that Ukraine interfered in our elections. We have ample evidence that Russia interfered in our elections", said Romney.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill

It's easy to listen to something like this and shake your head at the stupidity, but it's important to know that Trump has worked pretty hard to poison more people and increase pollution.

"As a candidate, Trump was vocally skeptical of climate change regulations but specifically vowed “to promote clean air and water,” which are overwhelmingly popular causes. But Trump has moved to roll back dozens of rules on these subjects without the changes ever becoming a focus of sustained public debate.

Most of these rollbacks’ impacts will be felt primarily in the long term, but already, particulate pollution is getting worse, reversing years of progress. A team of researchers at Carnegie Mellon estimates that 9,700 more Americans died due to air pollution in 2018 than in 2016, in part due to regulatory changes. But the Trump administration is moving to restrict the range of evidence used to demonstrate air pollution’s harms, hoping to forestall the promulgation of new standards that would lead to stricter regulation."

konfab

Honorary Master
Then why is education and healthcare spending less in other developed countries with universal programmes, and they get better outcomes?
The US is effectively a combination of 52 different countries with 52 different populations and economies.
For example, the concept of rural healthcare does not exist in Germany. But it does in the US.
Centralising this from one place is guaranteed to fail, which is exactly what has happened.

As you said, US public education is a joke. So how about we get the same people to run everyone's healthcare.

Except in the US the "market" has been a dismal failure, which is why the dreaded sosheelust proposals have legs at all.
The US system is a Hayakian nightmare. Government pouring billions into a market, setting stupid regulations, no choice by consumers.

This is how the system should be:

rietrot

Honorary Master
What a pity... And, you know, it's so uncharacteristic for Dems *not* to take Republican advice on who they should like...

I don't care too much for Thulsi. I like her anti-war stance but that's about it. Sadly for the Dems she is your best candidate, but too bad she turned out to be a Russian agent.

That's besides the point.

What's your opinion on the Dems rigging the primaries again in favour of Biden?
Seems like Bernie is the most popular candidate who is raising the most money, but he is being cheated again.

AlmightyBender

Expert Member
I don't care too much for Thulsi. I like her anti-war stance but that's about it. Sadly for the Dems she is also your best candidate, but too bad she turned out to be a Russian agent.

Seems like Bernie is the most popular candidate who is raising the most money, but he is being cheated again.
Always an insidious conspiracy, always.

Could it just maybe be that people just like who they like and that is all there is to it? Maybe?

greg0205

Honorary Master
I don't care too much for Thulsi. I like her anti-war stance but that's about it. Sadly for the Dems she is your best candidate, but too bad she turned out to be a Russian agent.

If you could just point out where any of the 3 769 delegates have already voted in a primary that hasn't happened yet, that would be great.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Always an insidious conspiracy, always.

Could it just maybe be that people just like who they like and that is all there is to it? Maybe?
If you could just point out where any of the 3 769 delegates have already voted in a primary that hasn't happened yet, that would be great.
So who do you guys like?
Just know that if it isn't Biden then sorry for you. Maybe Dem supporters can focus a little less on Trump and fix your own shît?

greg0205

Honorary Master
So who do you guys like?
Just know that if it isn't Biden then sorry for you. Maybe Dem supporters can focus a little less on Trump and fix your own shît?
Said it plenty... I think Joe will probably get the nomination for the same reason he's leading most polls... Americans know him.

My biggest issue with Joe is that he's a centrist who says he wants to work with Republicans. Dem centrism has allowed Republicans to move US politics so far right that the word "centrism" barely has any meaning anymore. Also, Joe watched Republicans obstruct Obama 24/7/365... He should be leading the charge to root them all out from the federal to the state level.

Personally my first choice is Liz and my second is Bernie. Let's snap the Overton back to where it should be and start over.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Said it plenty... I think Joe will probably get the nomination for the same reason he's leading most polls... Americans know him.

My biggest issue with Joe is that he's a centrist who says he wants to work with Republicans. Dem centrism has allowed Republicans to move US politics so far right that the word "centrism" barely has any meaning anymore. Also, Joe watched Republicans obstruct Obama 24/7/365... He should be leading the charge to root them all out from the federal to the state level.

Personally my first choice is Liz and my second is Bernie. Let's snap the Overton back to where it should be and start over.
Easy there with the extremism buddy. That's a Jew Coup.