US Politics : Biden 100 days edition

Suddenly, Conservatives Care About Vaccines

I find this article a bit weird because as the article itself states, prominent conservatives such as Ben Shapiro and Republican Senate leader McConnell have promoted vaccines all along. FWIW, I think Tucker is doing a great dis-service to the nation promoting nonsense.

Whatever the reason, the shift is welcome. Researchers such as Brendan Nyhan have noted that trusted messengers can be effective in breaking down vaccine hesitancy. As my colleague Daniel Engber writes, vaccination rates have tumbled “because we’re running out of people who think vaccines will save their lives.” Although the number of Americans who have received or want to receive a vaccine has risen somewhat, opinions also seem to have hardened over time. Such blunt messages might have been more influential this spring. Even if audiences heed the call now, it will take time for their vaccines to have an effec

cerebus

Honorary Master
While it may not be explicitly stated, it's implicit and flows from "key tenets" of CRT. Basically, all white people are guilty of keeping the system (sometimes named "white supremacy") in their favour. The only way this mysterious system can be changed is with non-whites in charge because no white person can be relied on to destroy the system from which they benefit (or that is what CRT teaches us, anyhow).

CRT is the biggest strawman in history. You cite unqualified critics of ‘CRT’ but never the real scholars of Critical Race Theory, in context.

Thing is the critics in many ways DO understand the fundamental tenets of CRT - to investigate structural racism - and they are very upfront about their agenda to reframe it as an all-encompassing anti-white conspiracy. But you can’t seem to tell the difference and you don’t have the good sense to know when you’re being played. It’s pretty tragic to watch you parroting the latest scaremongering tactic that was never a thing until a couple of months ago.

CRT is the biggest strawman in history. You cite unqualified critics of ‘CRT’ but never the real scholars of Critical Race Theory, in context.

Thing is the critics in many ways DO understand the fundamental tenets of CRT - to investigate structural racism - and they are very upfront about their agenda to reframe it as an all-encompassing anti-white conspiracy. But you can’t seem to tell the difference and you don’t have the good sense to know when you’re being played. It’s pretty tragic to watch you parroting the latest scaremongering tactic that was never a thing until a couple of months ago.

Nope. I've been investigating CRT since the destructive #FeesMustFall protests in 2015 at South African universities where the revolutionary comrades were using strange language like 'dialectical construct', 'whiteness' and 'hegemonic structures', long before it became a 'hot topic' among Republicans.

buka001

Honorary Master

cerebus

Honorary Master
Nope. I've been investigating CRT since the destructive #FeesMustFall protests in 2015 at South African universities where the revolutionary comrades were using strange language like 'dialectical construct', 'whiteness' and 'hegemonic structures', long before it became a 'hot topic' among Republicans.

Ok, I mean you said the same about cultural Marxism and that’s total horseshit

Temujin

Honorary Master
Suddenly, Conservatives Care About Vaccines

I find this article a bit weird because as the article itself states, prominent conservatives such as Ben Shapiro and Republican Senate leader McConnell have promoted vaccines all along. FWIW, I think Tucker is doing a great dis-service to the nation promoting nonsense.
:giggle:I'm old enough to remember trump pushing vaccines and people like harris and co telling people not to and not to trust it:ROFL:

cerebus

Honorary Master
You do there is a heavy overlap between the two?

Oh look, there's our favorite Marxist philosopher Anthony Gramsci making an appearance again.

Right in your article:

Since the 1930s, the tradition of Marxist cultural analysis has occasionally also been referred to as "cultural Marxism", in reference to Marxist ideas about culture.[5][6] However since the 1990s, this term has largely referred to the Cultural Marxism conspiracy theory, a highly influential discourse on the far right without any clear relationship to Marxist cultural analysis.[7][8]

buka001

Honorary Master
Right in your article:

Since the 1930s, the tradition of Marxist cultural analysis has occasionally also been referred to as "cultural Marxism", in reference to Marxist ideas about culture.[5][6] However since the 1990s, this term has largely referred to the Cultural Marxism conspiracy theory, a highly influential discourse on the far right without any clear relationship to Marxist cultural analysis.[7][8]

Well it's clear I'm using it as its intended meaning i.e. looking at a dual society. Replace bourgeoisie with 'oppressor' and proletariat with 'oppressed' and you've made the leap from a Marxist class lens through to a CRT lens. Easy, huh?

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
What did the local Democrat-or-die crowd say about the new $950 stealing law, that it wouldn't encourage stealing, and the cops would still for stealing over $950. Still hold to that obvious spin geniuses?

@greg0205 you still hold to that. You think the Democrats made a good decision. Not encouraging stealing or failed businesses as a result. Perhaps another Democrat chithole on the way.

Conservatives peddling blatant lies and trashing the police they supposedly revere in the same breathe. Whoda thunk it?