US Politics : Biden 100 days edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
So what are Black Americans saying when nearly nine in ten picked Joe?

Also, I don't treat you like a child... I treat you like a wannabe traitorous, insurrectionist, cultist, conspiracy theorist, white nationalist, fascist, keyboard tough-guy with a 33 round clip for his Glock and a victimhood complex that demands he projects decades-outdated manliness by having 'soldier' and 'man' in his forum nick.

Anyway, good chat, pal.

Hahahaha :ROFL:

Another savior who doesn't address the issues that Black Americans raised and instead chooses to fire off as many insults as he can possibly think of in the hopes that the actual issues will be ignored in favour of childish insults.

You failed greggy, you lot are still a bunch of patronising ignorant "saviours".
Black people have said they don't need your help with voter ID or how to get one. Stop treating them like children. Just stop.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
All of "them"? Your cherry-picked Faux News excerpt allows you to speak with authority on the opinions of millions of diverse people of colour? Ok then, if that's how you want to think.

An own goal, technically, is also on target.

So you're saying that Black Americans don't know how to get ID?
That they do have an issue with voter ID?

What exactly is your point, if you're arguing against the video then you are saying that they are wrong.
They all said they know no one that doesn't have ID.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
Perhaps "you lot" might stop treating black people like subhumans.

That would have a far larger affect on their lives.

Seriously. That is one huge fail there baby cakes, you grasping at straws with that comment :ROFL: But that's because deep down you know I am right and it hurts, just look at greggy's emotional response.... he knows I'm right and so lashes out. See through.

rietrot

Honorary Master
d22593c4f04299170737bfe56577672c.jpg
You realize this stupid argument of yours work both ways.

buka001

Honorary Master
Hahahaha :ROFL:

Another savior who doesn't address the issues that Black Americans raised and instead chooses to fire off as many insults as he can possibly think of in the hopes that the actual issues will be ignored in favour of childish insults.

You failed greggy, you lot are still a bunch of patronising ignorant "saviours".
Black people have said they don't need your help with voter ID or how to get one. Stop treating them like children. Just stop.
Stop your gaslighting BS.

You couldn't care less about problems that black people in the USA care about.

When black people raise concerns and it gets spoken about here, you and the other conservatives fall over yourselves to say that they don't actually have those problems.

Fake news, it's been taught since 2002 (with clearer guidelines since then), but I wouldn't expect you to actually investigate whether your cartoon is in any accurate if it makes some (lame & inaccurate) point. Just a reminder, CRT is CANCER.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
Stop your gaslighting BS.

You couldn't care less about problems that black people in the USA care about.

When black people raise concerns and it gets spoken about here, you and the other conservatives fall over yourselves to say that they don't actually have those problems.

So it's about me now, and not what Black people say is ignorant and a little racist on some White people's part.

Black people don't like it, but let's ignore that and rather focus on the person who brought it up. Got it.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Fake news, it's been taught since 2002 (with clearer guidelines since then), but I wouldn't expect you to actually investigate whether your cartoon is in any accurate if it makes some (lame & inaccurate) point. Just a reminder, CRT is CANCER.

Mmhmm and House Bill 1775 will in no way impact schools’ ability to teach students about the Tulsa Race Massacre right

SoldierMan

Executive Member
I take you are speaking from experience as a bona fide black American?

Ok then.

Sorry, didn't know that videos of interviews with Black people weren't good evidence in 2021. I guess nothing is when you have your head in the sand.

buka001

Honorary Master

Your article doesn't really do the justice to the phrase "it's been taught since 2002".

The Oklahoman surveyed 305 people, nearly all of them Oklahomans, and found 83 percent said they never received a full lesson on the Tulsa Race Massacre or Black Wall Street in their K-12 school.

My teacher claimed he never had to formally teach the lesson since it was published in the textbook for students to access

But, the 2002 standards made only a vague mention of the massacre.

Ellie Tabari, 24, said she didn’t learn of it until college. She graduated in 2015 from Southeast High School in Oklahoma City Public Schools.

Your article doesn't really do the justice to the phrase "it's been taught since 2002".
Ok, it was "available" to be taught, k? It appears that schools could avoid teaching it, although I find it difficult to how you don't talk about the Tulsa Massacre in the context of the “evolution of race relations in Oklahoma” and “rising racial tensions.” Anyway as I said, it's definitely being taught now since the 2019 update.

The Oklahoma City school district said its students now learn about the Tulsa Race Massacre in 3rd, 6th, and 11th grade, but education of it wasn’t so consistent in the past.

“While the Tulsa Race Massacre curriculum has been in state standards since the early 2000s, teachers were given discretion over how and if to cover it in their classrooms,” the district said in a statement.

Oklahoma City schools since have adopted a curriculum compiled by the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre Centennial Commission and the Oklahoma History Center.
The Oklahoma Education Department added the Tulsa Race Riot, as it was commonly called then, to the 2002 state academic standards, a list of Legislature-approved subjects that schools are mandated to teach.

But, the 2002 standards made only a vague mention of the massacre, Hofmeister said.

Schools were told to cover the “evolution of race relations in Oklahoma” and “rising racial tensions.” The Tulsa massacre was offered as an optional example of those topics, enabling schools to avoid it entirely.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Ok, it was "available" to be taught, k? It appears that schools could avoid teaching it, although I find it difficult to how you don't talk about the Tulsa Massacre in the context of the “evolution of race relations in Oklahoma” and “rising racial tensions.” Anyway as I said, it's definitely being taught now since the 2019 update.
Watchmen S01E01 - It's Summer and We're Running Out of Ice.

First air date, October 20, 2019.

It took a goddamn teevee show about DC comic characters for folks to sit up and notice, but you do you, Chris.

RanzB

Honorary Master

buka001

Honorary Master
although I find it difficult to how you don't talk about the Tulsa Massacre in the context of the “evolution of race relations in Oklahoma” and “rising racial tensions.”

Agreed on this aspect.

Yet, it somehow missed the cut. Which is why I get frustrated with the current narrative around CRT.

rvZA

Executive Member
Fantastic news!!

Michigan Gov. Whitmer stripped of emergency powers​

Michigan legislators have stripped Gov. Gretchen Whitmer of the emergency powers she freely wielded during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The state Senate approved the Unlock Michigan initiative on July 15. On Thursday, the Republican-controlled state House passed the measure with a 60-48 vote largely along party lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.