US Politics : Biden 100 days edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetrasect

Expert Member

Yawn. So you have more than 12 months to adjust to the new laws and all you are doing is complaining? :rolleyes: You do know *winning* elections is hard work and despite what many Democrat activists think, people aren't simply going to vote for your lot because you are not the Republicans. Such a big whinge fest! If one change like requiring a voter ID for mail-in ballot destroys you in a competitive state, then one might need to ask some questions about the strength of your support.
So you think the problem is that democrats didn't do enough "adjusting" to voting laws that disenfranchise 270,000 people?

rvZA

Executive Member

Jobless Americans sue Florida for ending $300 unemployment benefits early​

Out-of-work Americans in Florida filed a lawsuit against Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday seeking to reinstate a pandemic relief program that paid out an extra $300 a week in unemployment benefits.

Jissis, but these are lazy, entitled useless lot of people!

Last edited:

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
And this data was obtained how? What is many? One? Ten? 50% of residents?
Read the article? It's interviews with people who work on the ground.

Also:

vaccine-hesitancy-politics-promo-1618625338107-superJumbo.png

seamus-covid-vaccine-politics-20210607_wide-c25d8f71dea4b978e15091082838939c11b9a4dd.png

If your argument is "actually Republican administrations are just incompetent", well go ahead I guess.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
The argument that the statues were/are about 'preserving history' has also always been a lie. The majority of were erected long after the war and mostly functioned as vehicles for false Lost Cause propaganda and a direct middle-finger to civil rights gaining traction.

To follow up on this...

Here's a great piece on the same topic, elucidating how confederate statues serve as monuments to false history.

Emjay

Honorary Master
Read the article? It's interviews with people who work on the ground.

Also:

vaccine-hesitancy-politics-promo-1618625338107-superJumbo.png

seamus-covid-vaccine-politics-20210607_wide-c25d8f71dea4b978e15091082838939c11b9a4dd.png

If your argument is "actually Republican administrations are just incompetent", well go ahead I guess.

Where did you get that image? I cannot see it in the very long article. Nor can I see how they determined how many people are not getting the vaccine because "they are angry that President Donald Trump lost the election and sick of Democrats in Washington thinking they know what’s best".

Was that an option on the poll. Or was it just anecdotal accounts of "people on the ground"?

Not following. I didn't say anything about anyone being incompetent. I am however questioning this article and how they came to that conclusion.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Where did you get that image? I cannot see it in the very long article. Nor can I see how they determined how many people are not getting the vaccine because "they are angry that President Donald Trump lost the election and sick of Democrats in Washington thinking they know what’s best".

Was that an option on the poll. Or was it just anecdotal accounts of "people on the ground"?
It wasn't a poll, why do you think it was? And it doesn't say anything about how many people specifically, again not sure why you think it does?

Not following. I didn't say anything about anyone being incompetent.
Why do you think red states are so far behind blue states with vaccination, and why are Republicans so much more likely to say they don't want to get vaccinated?

Emjay

Honorary Master
It wasn't a poll, why do you think it was? And it doesn't say anything about how many people specifically, again not sure why you think it does?

Why do you think red states are so far behind blue states with vaccination, and why are Republicans so much more likely to say they don't want to get vaccinated?

The entire sub-heading of this article cannot be substantiated in any way and you cling onto this to gleefully dunk on the Conservatives.

One of the uncomfortable truths in the US polity is how many conservatives, despite pretending to be macho, freedom loving renegades, are in reality fragile babies who cannot handle that all facets of society aren't geared solely toward fulfilling their ideological preferences.

In Alabama and Louisiana, partisan opposition to vaccine surges alongside Delta variant​

Many people are turning down Covid vaccines because they are angry that President Donald Trump lost the election and sick of Democrats thinking they know what’s best.

I am not surprised Red states are more hesitant to take a vaccine that has been pushed through in record time. It's their decision to not get the vaccine and their consequences to suffer.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
The entire sub-heading of this article cannot be substantiated in any way and you cling onto this to gleefully dunk on the Conservatives.
It's substantiated in the article - read it!

I am not surprised Red states are more hesitant to take a vaccine that has been pushed through in record time. It's their decision to not get the vaccine and their consequences to suffer.
This doesn't say anything. Why...?

Oh, and images from here:

Last edited:

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Today, in the trenches of the CRT moral panic...

A group of white students started a "slave trade" Snapchat group, where they "sold" their black peers. The school passed a resolution against racism. Predictably, reactionary parents are now whining about "critical race theory."

Objecting to racism? That's CRT, baby.

Emjay

Honorary Master
It's substantiated in the article - read it!

No, it is not. It's not clear anywhere how this conclusion was reached. The conclusion is there in the article, but I choose to take these statements which a pinch of salt because these "journalists" will include it in a article if someone tells them this is the case without any corroboration.

This doesn't say anything. Why...?

Oh, and images from here:

You are reaching. The people not getting the vaccine being Trump supporters does not point to:

"they are angry that President Donald Trump lost the election and sick of Democrats in Washington thinking they know what’s best".

You clearly have not been paying attention over this pandemic. The amount of mixed signaling coming from the government has been counter intuitive. The fact that the government and social media also want to have a death grip on the information flow is making people suspicious and hesitant. Fauci and co are still flip flopping on things such as masks. People are also hesitant to take a vaccine that is very new, has not been widely tested, and one that carries ZERO risk for any of big pharma. Also, the death rate is 1.8% so many people do a simple risk assessment and deem Covid not a major risk and not warranting being injected with a barely tested vaccine (one which uses entirely new medical technology too).

As someone who is on the right, I am getting the vaccine. I would encourage everyone to do so. But at the same time I also understand why many don't want it. Trying to smear people over their decision is very on brand for you though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.