US Politics : Biden 100 days edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetrasect

Expert Member
You're the one who's comparing social distancing to genocide, so I guess that foolishness is all on you.

What *I* was talking about was how the Nazis took power using people's fear and justifying their authoritarianism as public health measures. RFK Jr was completely on the money wrt how the Nazis convinced the German people to give up their freedom. But you want to claim that's misinformation, which basically is just an indication that you need to become more familiar with the history of how the Nazis came to have absolute power in Germany.

You can cower in fear of covid to the point where you're willing to surrender your freedoms to self-serving politicians if you like, but I'll not be joining you. Perhaps you'd like to go stay in Australia for a while, they'll keep you nice and safe from the scary covid-19 infections.

You literally posted a video likening Covid measures to Nazi Germany and when I call BS you accuse me of fearmongering?

Just drop it dude, you're insulting everyone's intelligence with this hogwash, especially your own.

JangoFett

You literally posted a video likening Covid measures to Nazi Germany and when I call BS you accuse me of fearmongering?

Just drop it dude, you're insulting everyone's intelligence with this hogwash, especially your own.
Are the measures disportionate to the danger? yes/no

Are there Nuremberg laws against forcing experimental medical treatments on people against their will? yes/no

Are politicians flirting with making experimental vaccines with only emergency approval (i.e. still experimental) mandatory? yes/no

Did RFK Jr correctly describe how authoritarians rob people of their freedom? yes/no

If there's someone here that's insulting people's intelligence, it's you.

JangoFett

I'd rather deal with this than having the army locking people down. If you don't want to deal with the risks of a pandemic, no one is forcing you to associate with others.

The South African government is already making noises about not being able to cope with the local elections. Authoritarians love pandemics, it gives them the excuse they need to do away with democratic processes.

tetrasect

Expert Member
Are the measures disportionate to the danger? yes/no

Are there Nuremberg laws against forcing experimental medical treatments on people against their will? yes/no

Are politicians flirting with making experimental vaccines with only emergency approval (i.e. still experimental) mandatory? yes/no

Did RFK Jr correctly describe how authoritarians rob people of their freedom? yes/no

If there's someone here that's insulting people's intelligence, it's you.

Cut the crap. RFK Jr is literally talking about the government "turning people into slaves" and "poisoning children".

That's pure unadulterated BS fearmongering to the highest degree.

Or are you one of those numbnuts who believe wearing a mask to prevent the spread of a deadly virus is slavery? Cause I can pretty much guarantee that's what the dummies in that crowd believe.

JangoFett

Cut the crap. RFK Jr is literally talking about the government "turning people into slaves"
And? If your life is no longer yours to live as you see fit, what are you but a slave to someone else?

and "poisoning children".
Mandatory vaccines that are more risky for children than the covid infection, so "poisoning our children" might be hyperbole, but the legitimacy of the underlying message remains sound.

That's pure unadulterated BS fearmongering to the highest degree.
Just be sure to welcome the army with open arms, k?

Or are you one of those numbnuts who believe wearing a mask to prevent the spread of a deadly virus is slavery? Cause I can pretty much guarantee that's what the dummies in that crowd believe.
I see you didn't pay attention to the links I embedded in my posts. That's your problem, not mine.

tetrasect

Expert Member
And? If your life is no longer yours to live as you see fit, what are you but a slave to someone else?

Mandatory vaccines that are more risky for children than the covid infection, so "poisoning our children" might be hyperbole, but the legitimacy of the underlying message remain sound.

Just be sure to welcome the army with open arms, k?

I see you didn't pay attention to the links I embedded in my posts. That's your problem, not mine.

So let's get this straight.

In order for RFK's insane ramblings about Nazis to even make the slightest bit of sense we must first accept that:

Wearing masks and/or social distancing and/or lockdowns during a pandemic = slavery.

Vaccine = poison.

Next step in Covid response = the army rocking up at your house to forcefully vaccinate and/which is the same as/or kill you and/or to do whatever unspecified Nazi type stuff.

Great talk bro. Maybe you should write this all down on a sign and stand outside your local Shoprite to alert people of these horrific facts and warn them of what is yet to come.

Last edited:

JangoFett

So let's get this straight.

In order for RFK's insane ramblings about Nazis to even make the slightest bit of sense we must first accept that:

Wearing masks and/or social distancing and/or lockdowns during a pandemic = slavery.
Sure. Do you know how serfdom as an institution started? Roman legislators said people couldn't leave a property that was in debt because of taxes. Preventing people from being able to live their lives without the consent of the government, to go to work or school is not what freedom looks like, sorry. Public health policies are just another vector for achieving the same ends, but it's much more effective because it uses people's fears against them.

Vaccine = poison.
Insofar as it's riskier than the thing it's purportedly supposed to protect children from, sure.

Next step in Covid response = the army rocking up at your house to forcefully vaccinate and/which is the same as/or kill you and/or to do whatever unspecified Nazi type stuff.
Nazi Germany is the historical precedent. Hence why international laws were crafted to attempt to prevent it from happening again.

Great talk bro. Maybe you should write this all down on a sign and stand outside your local Shoprite to alert people of these horrific facts warn them of what is yet to come.
You can be as ignorant of history as you like, it doesn't change the facts. Your fear is clouding your judgement, end of.

JangoFett

And what exactly am I afraid of?

Let me remind you; you're the one afraid of the Nazis here, not me. :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
No, I'm afraid of authoritarians. You're an authoritarian who's in favour of doing away with everyone's freedoms because he's scared of a disease that doesn't even kill 1% of humanity. From where I sit, it's rather obvious that covid is not the bigger danger to my welfare right now.

But hey, people get what they deserve. :D

P.S.:

hy is public health structurally weak in a country that is expected, or even pushed, to become a leader in global health (Kickbusch et al. 2017)? Germany performed strongly in social medicine in the early decades of the twentieth century. During Nazi times, however, health promotion and public health research, e.g., on tobacco, became closely entangled with the dictatorship; smoking thus even turned into an inconspicuous way of expressing opposition toward the government (Davey Smith et al. 1994). Moreover, the Nazi’s most hideous crimes were committed by perverting Germany’s progressive social hygiene movement into an inhuman “racial hygiene” (Proctor 1996).

tetrasect

Expert Member
No, I'm afraid of authoritarians. You're an authoritarian who's in favour of doing away with everyone's freedoms because he's scared of a disease that doesn't even kill 1% of humanity. From where I sit, it's rather obvious that covid is not the bigger danger to my welfare right now.

P.S.:

So agreeing that social distancing and wearing masks should be mandatory while in the midst of a pandemic because it helps prevent virus transmission makes me an authoritarian?

And you're afraid of me because of that?

And you think I wear a mask because I'm afraid?

This might come as a shock to you but I'm not afraid, I just don't want to get Covid.
Just like I wear my seatbelt while driving because it might save my life on the off chance I get into an accident, not because I'm afraid.

So, sorry to tell you this, but you are the one full of fear (irrational fear at that), not me.

And your insistence on trying so desperately to equate todays events with those of Nazi Germany where millions of people were rounded up, put into forced labor camps and executed makes that very apparent to anyone reading this.

But hey, you can scream and shout about the invisible Nazi boogeyman all you want, just don't act as if I'm the irrational one here for not buying into your twisted fairytales.

JangoFett

So agreeing that social distancing and wearing masks should be mandatory while in the midst of a pandemic because it helps prevent virus transmission makes me an authoritarian?
Yup. The virus has a mortality rate of about 0.3%. You have a 99.7% chance of surviving an encounter with it. Because of this, you are in favour of completely upending people's lives, using government authority to bring people to financial ruin by shutting down businesses. You are in favour of censoring and silencing people who you deem to be spreading "fake news". The pandemic is not the existential threat you're making it out to be, but nevertheless you're still in favour of ruining the economic viability of entire countries and making the citizens dependent upon handouts from the government in order to survive rather than allowing people to make their own decisions about what risks they will accept. Ergo, you are an authoritarian.

And you're afraid of me because of that?
Yup.

I don't care why you wear a mask. Wear one or don't, as is your wont. Just don't try to force others to comply with it using state power.

This might come as a shock to you but I'm not afraid, I just don't want to get Covid.
Just like I wear my seatbelt while driving because it might save my life on the off chance I get into an accident, not because I'm afraid.
Sure, Jan. If there's nothing to be afraid of, why the reluctance to get covid? :ROFL:

So, sorry to tell you this, but you are the one full of fear (irrational fear at that), not me.
So, the economic devastation brought about by the lockdowns are a figment of my imagination? The headless chickens like yourself who want to shut up everyone whose opinions don't come straight from the 'experts', and the dangers associated with that are just a figment of my imagination?

And your insistence on trying so desperately to equate todays events with those of Nazi Germany where millions of people were rounded up, put into forced labor camps and executed makes that very apparent to anyone reading this.
What's the difference?

But hey, you can scream and shout about the invisible Nazi boogeyman all you want, just don't act as if I'm the irrational one here for not buying into your twisted fairytales.
Who is screaming and shouting? I'm just explaining why your attempt to disregard what RFK Jr is warning people about doesn't hold water, and so far the only thing you have employed to gainsay it is rather tepid ridicule.

tetrasect

Expert Member
Yup. The virus has a mortality rate of about 0.3%. You have a 99.7% chance of surviving an encounter with it. Because of this, you are in favour of completely upending people's lives, using government authority to bring people to financial ruin by shutting down businesses. You are in favour of censoring and silencing people who you deem to be spreading "fake news". The pandemic is not the existential threat you're making it out to be, but nevertheless you're still in favour of ruining the economic viability of entire countries and making the citizens dependent upon handouts from the government in order to survive rather than allowing people to make their own decisions about what risks they will accept. Ergo, you are an authoritarian.
You still don't seem grasp that Covid is contagious. The risk you take effects everyone else around you.

I don't care why you wear a mask. Wear one or don't, as is your wont. Just don't try to force others to comply with it using state power.
In public. You do understand the difference, right? Or is the fact that you can't masturbate at the mall also a form of slavery?

Sure, Jan. If there's nothing to be afraid of, why the reluctance to get covid? :ROFL:
Well with all these seatbelts, fuses on your electrical circuits, fire extinguishers, mains water valves, anti-virus software, child-proof lids on medicine bottles, spare tires and car jacks, burglar bars and alarm systems, yellow lanes on highways and safety switches on firearms around you must be flippin' terrified!

So, the economic devastation brought about by the lockdowns are a figment of my imagination? The headless chickens like yourself who want to shut up everyone whose opinions don't come straight from the 'experts', and the dangers associated with that are just a figment of my imagination?

What's the difference?
Wow you're right, that's exactly like Nazi Germany. I see now that lockdowns are the exact same thing as concentration camps and vaccines are nothing more than modern day gas chambers.

Seriously dude?

Who is screaming and shouting? I'm just explaining why your attempt to disregard what RFK Jr is warning people about doesn't hold water, and so far the only thing you have employed to gainsay it is rather tepid ridicule.
And it deserves nothing more than that.

Last edited:

JangoFett

You still don't seem grasp that Covid is contagious. The risk you take effects everyone else around you.
How not. If you don't want to take the risk of catching it, self-quarantine, don't demand everyone else do it just to make you feel better.

In public. You do understand the difference, right? Or is the fact that you can't masturbate at the mall also a form of slavery?
There's a difference between forbidding someone to do something and demanding that they do something if they want to be in public at all. Do you understand THAT difference? :rolleyes:

And now you retreat to simply talking about mask wearing, as if the lockdowns and mandatory vaccinations and so forth never entered the conversation. But I guess you know you can't prevail if you address the issue on its merits...

Well with all these seatbelts, fuses on your electrical circuits, fire extinguishers, mains water valves, anti-virus software, child-proof lids on medicine bottles, spare tires and car jacks, burglar bars and alarm systems, yellow lanes on highways and safety switches on firearms you must be flippin' terrified!
tenor.gif

Wow you're right, that's exactly like Nazi Germany. I see now that lockdowns are the exact same thing as concentration camps and vaccines are nothing more than modern gas chambers.

Seriously dude?
So, you can't actually answer the question. Thought so.

And it deserves nothing more than that.
Ridicule it all you like, but that just makes you a fool trying to poke fun at someone who's right. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also:

Temujin

Honorary Master

P.S.:

iu

Reading this article about Biden's infrastructure bill and couldn't stop laughing at this paragraph. Seriously, that is the criticism?! I don't think she understands the meaning of the term 'bi-partisan'. Would the Squad dare bring down the infrastructure bill? That would generate fierce opprobrium and might well end their promotion prospects in the party (not a bad thing). This won't be forgotten easily.

For Mr Biden, the challenge ahead within his party is formidable. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a progressive force in the House, reacted with fury on Twitter, threatening to torpedo the infrastructure deal and noting the Senate negotiators were all white: “Good luck tanking your own party’s investment on childcare, climate action, and infrastructure while presuming you’ll survive a 3 vote House margin—especially after choosing to exclude members of colour from negotiations and calling that a ‘bipartisan accomplishment’,” she wrote.

JangoFett

Reading this article about Biden's infrastructure bill and couldn't stop laughing at this paragraph. Seriously, that is the criticism?! I don't think she understands the meaning of the term 'bi-partisan'. Would the Squad dare bring down the infrastructure bill? That would generate fierce opprobrium and might well end their promotion prospects in the party (not a bad thing). Powerbrokers have long memories...
5i9ur2.jpg

cerebus

Honorary Master

Yup.

What's the difference?

So you’re against lockdowns
Against vaccinations
Pro-everyone just risking death

I’m vaccinated and ready to get back to normal but y’all dumbass sociopathic mfers are determined to drag us into a long unnecessary tail. F all’a’y’all

Status
Not open for further replies.