US Politics : Biden 100 days edition

Gnarls

Expert Member
You are being incredibly obtuse here.

You are never FORCED to disclose it. You can choose not to, but you must accept the consequences of that choice. E.g. if entry into a building requires disclosure, you can choose not to disclose but by doing so you forfeit the ability to enter the building.

Same story with life insurance and HIV status. You don't HAVE to tell them about your HIV status but at the same time they don't HAVE to sell you life insurance if you don't disclose HIV status.

Why is this concept so hard for you?

You do know that the issue is whether you're legally allowed to ask that question in the first place right oh incredibly obtuse one? Hence the ethical conundrum.

Mybb experts....

konfab

Honorary Master
What ethical conundrum? You're forced to do this sort of thing in a variety of forms regularly.

A person makes a choice, there are consequences to those choices. Simple.
The people who set the consequence for the choice is the critical bit you are missing.

I have less qualms with a private entity doing it (by choice, not by some edict of government), as both positive and negative consequences are limited to their business.
When it is mandated by government, it is a one way road to totalitarianism.

Just fill in your race on this here card if you want to go to certain places. Just face the consequences if you don't bucko.

konfab

Honorary Master

You are never FORCED to disclose it. You can choose not to, but you must accept the consequences of that choice. E.g. if entry into a building requires disclosure, you can choose not to disclose but by doing so you forfeit the ability to enter the building.

Same story with life insurance and HIV status. You don't HAVE to tell them about your HIV status but at the same time they don't HAVE to sell you life insurance if you don't disclose HIV status.

Why is this concept so hard for you?
Pity progressives like yourself would be the first ones to make it illegal to discriminate on HIV status.

If a private entity doesn't want to give business to someone because of their health status, that is fine with me.
However, government entities and their laws are monopolistic, hence why any law affecting public entities has to treat pretty much everyone the same.

The way it should work is that a private business would be able to tell the unvaccinated, HIV infect, and whomever else they want to find another service provider, whilst the government is forbidden from directly doing it, or passing any law that requires businesses to do it.

You want more discrimination on things like this, you have to pass the buck to the private sector to do it as they face the monetary consequences of discrimination, whilst the government does not.

buka001

Honorary Master
The Left are not the party of the working people any longer. Been apparent for a while now. It has been taken over by the elite.
Ahh yes Trump, a true working class hero.

Or like Tucker Carlson, the poor little guy who crawled barefoot through the desert to get to his private school. A real hero of the working class.

Emjay

Honorary Master
This group of people does not exist. You're talking BS. Manufacturing a problem to be outraged.

What we want:
* Pressure and encourage people to get vaccinated
* But never force anybody to get vaccinated
* Get them to accept the appropriate consequences on their freedom and lives if they choose to not get vaccinated

What anti-vaxxers seem to want is to choose to not get vaccinated but at the same time to not face any consequences for that choice. The world just doesn't work like that.

Nobody can force you to wear pants, but you as a non-pants wearing person also can't force anybody to employ you or engage with you or let you enter public property or space while you are not wearing pants.
WHY: because your choices and behaviour negatively affect those other parties. The restrictions on you are reasonable and correct. Same logic with vaccines.

TheSe PeOpLe DonT ExiSt.

Someone has not been paying attention to all the calls to make this stuff mandatory.

Put some rules in place, that will demand that people get vaccinated.

surface

Honorary Master
Still waiting for that citation but from the piece you quoted.

Mybb experts....
Dude, do you realize that law is not that simple ? Locally, legals in companies are already working on how to handle vaccination situation for their employees and not get into trouble legally. No one will "force" their employees to vaccinate but if you don't, you will be subtly given a choice of freedom that you crave for.

These leftards are really gonna get you with all these covid passports, I tell ya.

Gnarls

Expert Member
Dude, do you realize that law is not that simple ? Locally, legals in companies are already working on how to handle vaccination situation for their employees and not get into trouble legally. No one will "force" their employees to vaccinate but if you don't, you will be subtly given a choice of freedom that you crave for.

These leftards are really gonna get you with all these covid passports, I tell ya.

I see we're moving to strawmen now. Where did I say that it was? I distinctly remember saying ethical conundrum.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
I see we're moving to strawmen now. Where did I say that it was? I distinctly remember saying ethical conundrum.
But you still haven't actually explained this ethical conundrum. Also how is it new or different from the other types of private disclosure you have to undertake regularly?

Emjay

Honorary Master

Or like Tucker Carlson, the poor little guy who crawled barefoot through the desert to get to his private school. A real hero of the working class.

Pipelines are built seasonally for 19 ½ weeks at a time, on average, so the jobs created to build them are considered short-term. In 2014, the State Department estimated that Keystone would employ 10,400 workers over multiple construction seasons, thereby adding up to 3,900 jobs.

workers in the oil and gas industry "can be the people who go to work to make the solar panels."

Sounds pretty much like the party of the people, right Buka?

Gnarls

Expert Member
But you still haven't actually explained this ethical conundrum. Also how is it new or different from the other types of private disclosure you have to undertake regularly?

Lol, I'll wait.

The people who set the consequence for the choice is the critical bit you are missing.

I have less qualms with a private entity doing it (by choice, not by some edict of government), as both positive and negative consequences are limited to their business.
When it is mandated by government, it is a one way road to totalitarianism.

Just fill in your race on this here card if you want to go to certain places. Just face the consequences if you don't bucko.

And...

Pity progressives like yourself would be the first ones to make it illegal to discriminate on HIV status.

If a private entity doesn't want to give business to someone because of their health status, that is fine with me.
However, government entities and their laws are monopolistic, hence why any law affecting public entities has to treat pretty much everyone the same.

The way it should work is that a private business would be able to tell the unvaccinated, HIV infect, and whomever else they want to find another service provider, whilst the government is forbidden from directly doing it, or passing any law that requires businesses to do it.

You want more discrimination on things like this, you have to pass the buck to the private sector to do it as they face the monetary consequences of discrimination, whilst the government does not.
Lol!

JangoFett

True/false: Tucker Carlson is willing to speak up about how the working class sees things instead of trying to tell the working class to swallow the propaganda the elitists tell them to, and you're introducing red-herrings into the conversation like you always do because that's the only way you can give voice to your resentment.

cerebus

Honorary Master
And how do you know what Dave Rubin thinks, cerebus?

The more likely answer is that you don't like what he has to say so you have a need to smear him with your bad takes. Like many of your friends in this thread.

With people like you and your Klan around, it's no wonder people don't want to talk about their opinions.

See that's exactly the kind of thing that people who have been suckered into an obvious con job say when it gets pointed out to them. If you can't see Rubin's grift from a mile away then I feel sorry for you. He started out on Young Turks, realized there was more money in reactionism, and shifted rightwards. He's a complete joke.

konfab

Honorary Master
Just remember the same people who want the vaccine passport to go to a gym are the same ones who consider photo ID for voting to be too much of a burden to provide.

Emjay

Honorary Master
See that's exactly the kind of thing that people who have been suckered into an obvious con job say when it gets pointed out to them. If you can't see Rubin's grift from a mile away then I feel sorry for you. He started out on Young Turks, realized there was more money in reactionism, and shifted rightwards. He's a complete joke.

You know who are the jokes? The Young Turks. Their recent issues demonstrates their blatant double standards and lies. Much like the Progressives around here.

TYT most likely pushed him to the right. It's rather funny if you think about it.

Stay mad, cerebus.

RanzB

Honorary Master
And how do you know what Dave Rubin thinks, cerebus?

The more likely answer is that you don't like what he has to say so you have a need to smear him with your bad takes. Like many of your friends in this thread.

With people like you and your Klan around, it's no wonder people don't want to talk about their opinions.
Man, for people who are supposedly scared to talk, the idiots on the right never seem to shut the fuk up.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Just remember the same people who want the vaccine passport to go to a gym are the same ones who consider photo ID for voting to be too much of a burden to provide.
And want to raise racial "conciousness" and give all of us our own racial safe space and separate government, which is totally not going to be like when they did this in the past.

konfab

Honorary Master
Rubin is the exact opposite of a grifter.

He put his money where his mouth was and started Locals.com which provides a place for content creators to pretty say anything they can say on the streets of Texas, whilst being paid for it.