US Politics : Biden 100 days edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

buka001

Honorary Master
Only 50% of CA is fully vaccinated if you look at White & Hispanic. I didn't know there were so many Republicans in CA.

Again you're seeing what you want to see.
Covid handling was one of the factors. Now do the economy, environment, cost of living or any of the other issues.
Not saying they don't count. Those are also areas with the lowest population density in CA, so it doesn't mean there are a lot of Republicans in CA.

The correlation to those who voted for Trump in CA, to those who voted to recall and to areas with high COVID are all the same, is what I see.

What is Newsom's message on the vaccine?

What policies did he pursue that influenced the prolongation of COVID?

cerebus

Honorary Master
What utter rubbish. The demographics have been slowly changing for a few decades. The main reason these materials are now at the forefront is because school lockdowns exposed what is happening in the classrooms to more parents and the whole politicisations of the issue the last year or two made more people aware of these issues. Exposed the rot so to speak.

Calling people concerned about racial division being caused by badly implemented amalgamations of some CRT aspects, racist. Then claiming people are against racial diversity. Hiring "equity consultant" grifters to recommend actions. The whole "equity" nonsense IS the problem. But sure let the "Anti racist" facebook group compile a list of people against CRT'esque teaching, for informational purposes only of course.

/Triggered by facts
/Can't argue the facts
/Rants instead and hopes nobody notices

Kieppie

Expert Member
Not saying they don't count. Those are also areas with the lowest population density in CA, so it doesn't mean there are a lot of Republicans in CA.

The correlation to those who voted for Trump in CA, to those who voted to recall and to areas with high COVID are all the same, is what I see.

What is Newsom's message on the vaccine?

What policies did he pursue that influenced the prolongation of COVID?
Yep rural votes more Republican. People in those areas are also impacted more by economic and environmental policies.
The majority of the recall votes would be from the more densely populated areas, but the previous point is why it appears more pronounced in rural areas.
Hence why I said you're picking which aspect to focus on with regards to the recall.

His policies do not just relate to Covid itself, but the regulations around that. This ties into the previous paragraph.
You forget people were angry at him for his demands of lockdown yet flaunting those rules himself.

For most of us life goes on like normal, except we're working from home. Those lockdowns hurt the rural parts more than the cities.
Again this is just the Covid part of the recall. It's unfortunate that it was politicised.

Kieppie

Expert Member
/Triggered by facts
/Can't argue the facts
/Rants instead and hopes nobody notices
What facts? He doesn't provide any facts. He picked the narrative and ran with it. I told you why it is incorrect. You can read such a long article, but miss that point in my short reply?

Read the article. Towards the end the journalist frequently just straight up writes these people are against diversity.
Which is nonsense.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
What utter rubbish. The demographics have been slowly changing for a few decades. The main reason these materials are now at the forefront is because school lockdowns exposed what is happening in the classrooms to more parents and the whole politicisations of the issue the last year or two made more people aware of these issues. Exposed the rot so to speak.

Calling people concerned about racial division being caused by badly implemented amalgamations of some CRT aspects, racist. Then claiming people are against racial diversity. Hiring "equity consultant" grifters to recommend actions. The whole "equity" nonsense IS the problem. But sure let the "Anti racist" facebook group compile a list of people against CRT'esque teaching, for informational purposes only of course.
It's the latest GOP manufactured outrage, that's all

cerebus

Honorary Master
What facts? He doesn't provide any facts. He picked the narrative and ran with it. I told you why it is incorrect. You can read such a long article, but miss that point in my short reply?

Read the article. Towards the end the journalist frequently just straight up writes these people are against diversity.
Which is nonsense.

The article is full of stats and I cited some of them

konfab

Honorary Master
You just beg for beatings, don't you, Kieppie?

:p
Update: California moved regressed into the “high” transmission level on Wednesday, but it continues to have the lowest seven-day case rate in the nation. For the latest analysis, see this article.

Kieppie

Expert Member
You just beg for beatings, don't you, Kieppie?

Quick question Greg. When did the latest recall process start? Can you figure that point out?

Next question why, for example, is NY still red on your little map? It has a higher vaccination rate and more strict lockdowns.

Kieppie

Expert Member
The article is full of stats and I cited some of them
Nope those stats are meaningless. The reason it is now happening is precisely because of the reasons I specified.
The journalist picked that narrative not the "facts"

cerebus

Honorary Master
"Correlation does not imply causation" is one of the basics of stats yet you seem unaware of this.

/rant more please

So you admit that there's correlation? Would you say it's a strong or a weak correlation?

Kieppie

Expert Member
It's the latest GOP manufactured outrage, that's all
No it is a legitimate concern for all but those with their heads in the sand. Most GOP or Dem officials likely don't understand it though.

However overreaction is better than underreaction in this case.

RanzB

Honorary Master
I didn't know there were so many Republicans in CA.

There were more votes for Trump in CA than there were in Texas. So yes, there's tons of things you don't know but keep talking nonsense about :p

1631793135577.png

1631793156823.png

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll start moving goalposts as usual :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.