Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieppie

Expert Member
And, in a surprising answer to the question

"Could anything make me dislike Fox News More?"

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/breaking-piers-morgan-is-joining-fox-news/

Tucker and Peris on one network.... :X3:
Got his start from Murdoc, had a 4 year stint on CNN somewhere in between and now he's back.
On the bright side it makes it easier to avoid all those you dislike... :p (technically it won't be Fox News though)

Interesting that Piers accused Nicky of spreading misinformation and now she's attacking him. So it appears they cover all angles
iu

Last edited:

cerebus

Honorary Master
Not all Republicans are unvaccinated, and even if they hypothetically were, it still falls short of the current 50% unvaccinated mark (looking at only Hispanic & White data)
This was in reply to Buka posting a heatmap of Covid compared to the recall vote. In other words a large portion of that block is also Dem or Independent voters.

This seems appropriate somehow

At least 7 conservative radio hosts and anti-mask advocates have died from COVID-19 after bashing the vaccines

Kieppie

Expert Member
This seems appropriate somehow

At least 7 conservative radio hosts and anti-mask advocates have died from COVID-19 after bashing the vaccines

Not really, as it has nothing to do with the recall vote.

As to your article, many are against the mandates not the actual methods.
If they died because they chose not to get vaccinated then they brought it on themselves, but they made that decision.

More harmful are articles like CNN making it sound as if you're at risk around unvaccinated (or vaccinated) people despite being vaccinated.
These type of articles just causes unnecessary fear. If you're vaccinated or naturally immune you should be going back to life as normal.
Otherwise what's the point of the vaccine.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Ey Kieppie tell me more about correlation vs causation. While you're at it tell me how Republicans are the pro-life party, you clown

When Republicans control state legislatures, infant mortality is higher
The party that controls state legislatures is powerfully associated with fluctuations in infant mortality rates and racial disparities in infant health, scientists report in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine

Ann Arbor, September 14, 2021
Net of history, infant and postneonatal mortality rates are substantively higher under Republican-controlled state legislatures than under non-Republican–controlled ones, according to a new study in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, published by Elsevier. Findings suggest that effects may be greater for Black infants than for White infants.

“These findings support the politics hypothesis that the social determinants of health are, at least in part, constructed by the power vested in governments,” said lead investigator Javier M. Rodriguez, PhD, Department of Politics & Government, Claremont Graduate University, Claremont, CA, USA.

The Democratic party’s double standards on wealth inequality

Yup, just like AOC sucking up to the Democratic donor class at the Met yet.... :ROFL: . Y'all got played.

It cannot all be put down to Democratic “moderates”, such as West Virginia’s Joe Manchin, whose 50th Senate vote gives him great leverage over the contents of Biden’s $3.5tn bill. Manchin will surely shrink its size. He will also ensure that Biden’s proposal to lift the US corporate tax rate from 21 per cent to 28 per cent falls far short. Nor were Biden’s plans to almost double the US capital gains tax to the top 39.5 per cent bracket likely to get past the party’s centrists. These are the realities of having a wafer-thin majority. The limits to a president’s power are never so exposed as when he wants money from Congress.

But the loudest trumpet in this retreat belongs to mainstream party liberals from Democratic strongholds such as New York and California. They are hoping to repeal the $10,000 annual cap on the state and local tax deduction (Salt), which enables residents of high tax states to offset what they pay locally against their federal income taxes. Almost all the beneficiaries of scrapping the cap would be rich. The cost to the taxpayer would amount to $91bn a year, which would more than wipe out the income tax increases the wealthy would have to pay under the Democratic plan. The wealthiest 0.1 per cent would get an average $145,000 tax cut. For the middle 60 per cent of households, it would be $27 a year.

This is not just bad economics — it is hard to find a single economist on the left or right who thinks it would be a good idea. It is also terrible politics. In 2017 Democrats found a popular echo in attacking the inequities of Donald Trump’s $1.5tn tax cut. But the repeal of the Salt tax cap would be far more regressive than Trump’s tax cut. Passing it would give Republicans an easy opportunity to paint Democrats as hypocrites who claim to be pro-poor while serving their rich donor base. Worse, such a critique would not be that far wrong. How often are Republican attack lines based on facts nowadays?

It does not help that Democrats are presenting their Salt plans as “relief for the middle classes” — and now “pandemic relief”. It was Republicans who substituted “tax relief” for “tax cut” to make it sound better. Democrats are picking it up verbatim. “When Democrats say this is relief for the middle classes, what exactly is their definition of ‘middle’?” asks Richard Reeves, a Brookings fellow and scholar of US meritocracy. “Do words have no meaning any more?” It was Trump who put the $10,000 cap on Salt, doubtless for partisan reasons — to punish rich liberals in Democratic states. He was already shifting his domicile to Florida. Many rich New Yorkers followed suit in the pandemic. Scrapping that cap would not make Democrats anti-Trump. It would just make them pro-rich.

buka001

Honorary Master
Not really, as it has nothing to do with the recall vote.

As to your article, many are against the mandates not the actual methods.
If they died because they chose not to get vaccinated then they brought it on themselves, but they made that decision.

More harmful are articles like CNN making it sound as if you're at risk around unvaccinated (or vaccinated) people despite being vaccinated.
These type of articles just causes unnecessary fear. If you're vaccinated or naturally immune you should be going back to life as normal.
Otherwise what's the point of the vaccine.

All that article did was reflect upon the personal story of one of the 8% of vaccinated people who have died.

The point of that story illustrates how the unvaccinated population serve to prolong the pandemic.

I was away from here for some time.

Have you posted anything criticising Fox News for its anti-vax rhetoric of people like Tucker?

Kieppie

Expert Member
All that article did was reflect upon the personal story of one of the 8% of vaccinated people who have died.

The point of that story illustrates how the unvaccinated population serve to prolong the pandemic.

Yes focusing on breakout cases and laying the blame on unvaccinated, yet vaccinated can also spread it which left people wondering what's the point besides limiting symptom. I think it is pretty clear that this is going to become endemic so articles like this makes it sound like there will always be something to fear.

The unvaccinated are only prolonging it for the steadily shrinking minority that are not vaccinated or have natural immunity. They carry the same risk to vaccinated people as vaccinated people themselves.

The rest should continue on with their normal lives and not live in unfounded fear. Which is my issue with this article.

I was away from here for some time.
Yes I noticed you were away. You missed out on being able to provide some one the ground input in how ex soldiers felt about the Afghanistan withdrawal or do you avoid talking about such matters during sessions?

Have you posted anything criticising Fox News for its anti-vax rhetoric of people like Tucker?
I don't watch Fox so the only exposure I get to it is when Greggy posts something about Tucker.
Do I need to actively critique them more than they already are? There needs to be some semblance of balance in this thread.
I prefer not to jump on band-wagons and instead point out incorrect critiques as this is more challenging.
This thread and most others would be dead if not for push back or differing opinions.

buka001

Honorary Master
Yes focusing on breakout cases and laying the blame on unvaccinated, yet vaccinated can also spread it which left people wondering what's the point besides limiting symptom. I think it is pretty clear that this is going to become endemic so articles like this makes it sound like there will always be something to fear.

The unvaccinated are only prolonging it for the steadily shrinking minority that are not vaccinated or have natural immunity. They carry the same risk to vaccinated people as vaccinated people themselves.

The rest should continue on with their normal lives and not live in unfounded fear. Which is my issue with this article.

Yes I noticed you were away. You missed out on being able to provide some one the ground input in how ex soldiers felt about the Afghanistan withdrawal or do you avoid talking about such matters during sessions?

I don't watch Fox so the only exposure I get to it is when Greggy posts something about Tucker.
Do I need to actively critique them more than they already are? There needs to be some semblance of balance in this thread.
I prefer not to jump on band-wagons and instead point out incorrect critiques as this is more challenging.
This thread and most others would be dead if not for push back or differing opinions.
It wasn't a good time. Met with one guy and it jarred me.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Last edited:

surface

Honorary Master
lol, what does any of this have to do with AOC? The thirst is real, man...

And how did she "suck up" to them? She went straight to the people she wants to raise taxes on and told them, and to you
I find it astonishing that these right-wingers are still simping to AOC.

konfab

Honorary Master
And, in a surprising answer to the question

"Could anything make me dislike Fox News More?"

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/breaking-piers-morgan-is-joining-fox-news/

Tucker and Piers on one network.... :X3:
Piers Morgan literally sh!ts his pants every time someone mention the fact that people in the US have a right to own guns. And his screeching was one of the reasons why the UK abandoned the pandemic policy guidelines that they had developed before the coof.

You can't complain that Fox news isn't trying to bring "balance" to their programs :p

Status
Not open for further replies.