US Politics : Biden 100 days edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

konfab

Honorary Master
One of the funniest things on twitter is how brilliantly Matthew Gertz, who is with Media Matters and has the twitter handle @MattGertz, handles being tagged incorrectly when folks are ranting at Republican congressman, pedophile and Florida Man, Matt Gaetz for, well, being Matt Gaetz.

You should ask Cerberus *and* cerebus how they feel about Matthew's predicament.
I blame Windows and their case insensitivity :p. Old habits die hard.

Fixed it.

greg0205

Honorary Master

Fixed it.

konfab

Honorary Master
I have spent too many years under the petty authoritarianism of Apple software to ever want to use it again. I would rather keep getting grey hairs with the context switching between Windows and WSL.

Ponderer

Executive Member

Fixed it.
Yeah - we have to be extremely careful.
Capital letters are now apparently a form of oppression.

It's difficult to sneak anything past the outraged spelling checking police in this thread.

surface

Honorary Master
I have spent too many years under the petty authoritarianism of Apple software to ever want to use it again. I would rather keep getting grey hairs with the context switching between Windows and WSL.
Yes, I also can't afford it but you put it nicely. I will use it next time.

konfab

Honorary Master
Yes, I also can't afford it but you put it nicely. I will use it next time.

If Apple can squeeze on of these suckers into their Macbooks, maybe I would consider it.

p03097_bigimage_8875bd2c2c19f216.jpg

Even when I am not running machine learning on the thing, I have GPU assisted background and noise removal for meetings. Which is super handy when I have a 1 year old toddler in the house.

Kieppie

Expert Member
So you fob my argument off on the excuse that it's been done before and you can't even be bothered to address it yourself?
Don't blame me if you either forgot or are to lazy to use the search function. I pointed you in the right direction.

The difference is, anyone can feed a baby -only one person can keep a foetus alive

It's silly because it's in conflict with the hill you have decided to die on.. Anyone can feed a baby in a crib, only one person can feed a fetus and if that person decides that their body is not available to sustain another life are you going to force them?
This is still a silly argument. Your equating a situation where there is no alternate solution with one where there is.
If we're ever at a point where a fetal transplants or the like is possible, not likely since there isn't really a great need for it, then you can make that argument.
Until such time you would need to restrict the feeding of the baby in the crib to the mother and not introduce an outside force if you want to keep your analogy like for like.
In which case both die if you remove the mother.

What's next, forcing people to donate kidneys to keep people alive?
Another silly argument. Why would someone be forced to donate their kidney? Were they responsible for the loss of a kidney in someone else? This isn't the Chinese Communist Party.

So now it comes down to it, the implicit judgement that comes from all pro-life people, the woman should be forced to do something because of her slutty behaviour?
No Cray another strawman.
No one mentioned slutty behaviour, although I care much less about their predicament then people that had an "accident".
She should be forced since she made the decision to partake in an activity that includes this risk. Just like the male should be forced to pay child support.

It's not just her body anymore so individual choice does not come into play.
There is always the option of adoption if their are truly not fit to be parents.

Kieppie

Expert Member
Last edited:

RanzB

Honorary Master
I wonder how Xarog, Davidfreeman and others here (even Konfab) and around the world feel, when they read that Trump knowingly conned them about the election fraud claims?

Any chance of reflection on your own bias?

Reflection? From loony conservatives? What?

Court documents released Monday show that by the time a campaign news conference on the issue took place, an internal memo had already been circulated confirming that the claims about Dominion Voting Systems and software company Smartmatic were false, according to The New York Times.

Coomer's lawyers said, "The memo produced by the Trump campaign shows that, at least internally, the Trump campaign found there was no evidence to support the conspiracy theories regarding Dominion," according to The Times.

Trump has continued to cling to his false accusations of a rigged election since leaving office, while Dominion has filed $1.3 billion lawsuits against three of the former president's allies — including attorneys Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell — over their claims about the company.

konfab

Honorary Master
I wonder how Xarog, Davidfreeman and others here (even Konfab) and around the world feel, when they read that Trump knowingly conned them about the election fraud claims?

Any chance of reflection on your own bias?

I can't speak for the others, but I think it reeks of pathetic desperation if the allegation is true.

edit:
As the fight over the IEC's delayed elections has shown in SA, you have to sort this k@k out before the election. And this is what the legal system should recognise.

Ponderer

Executive Member
It's become more evident that Biden is merely a puppet (that is rapidly losing his marbles).
The question be: Who is in fact in charge - who is pulling the strings.
Is it not perhaps a cabal/group/gang of Marxists?

greg0205

Honorary Master
I can't speak for the others, but I think it reeks of pathetic desperation if the allegation is true.

edit:
As the fight over the IEC's delayed elections has shown in SA, you have to sort this k@k out before the election. And this is what the legal system should recognise.
This sort of k@k was always sorted out, and elections are secure...

It's just that a self-proclaimed 'winner' and fragile snowflake who lost the popular vote, and then lost the House, and then lost a general election, and then lost the Senate, and then lost an insurrection, keeps insisting he's the winner.

And that self-proclaimed 'winner' and fragile snowflake has corrupt lawyers willing to lie in court, risking disbarment and Billion Dollar defamation suits, all to soothe his massive ego and keep the grift going.

And that self-proclaimed 'winner' and fragile snowflake is deified by millions of mouth breathers who aren't smart enough to realise they're been conned, but are smart enough to click on a GoFundMe link, and just resentful enough to condone and finance cheating to win through the courts because they know they can't win at the ballot box.

And that grift cycle of mouth breathers on GoFundMe, corrupt lawyers, and a fragile snowflake means we live in a world where Republicans will spend the rest of time in court, crying about losing elections to fraud or cheating... you know, rather than actually competing in the election and winning votes based on popular policy.

Don't cry about things being broken when your boi broke 'em, konfab.

greg0205

Honorary Master
It's become more evident that Biden is merely a puppet (that is rapidly losing his marbles).
All you need for Xarog/GBM/CaptainOblivious Bingo now is intersectionality and critical race theory.

Holding thumbs for you, pal.

surface

Honorary Master
LOL - At around 00:51, he says 'I have put my blood, sweat and tears in this business' . What a victimhood to deny parents trying to protect their immunocompromised infant.

Temujin

Honorary Master
"Stay Alive, Joe Biden. Democrats need little from the front-runner beyond his corporeal presence."
- Working as intended ;)

Cray

Honorary Master
LOL - At around 00:51, he says 'I have put my blood, sweat and tears in this business' . What a victimhood to deny parents trying to protect their immunocompromised infant.

Tom is a c**t.

Kieppie

Expert Member
All you need for Xarog/GBM/CaptainOblivious Bingo now is intersectionality and critical race theory.

Holding thumbs for you, pal.
Nonsense Greg, mentioning 3rd wave feminism or subjects like intersectionality & CRT has nothing to do with individual posters. It's just backwards policies.

You're one of those chugging the cool-aid so obviously dissent would be unfathomable. Your echo chamber is showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.