US Politics : Biden 100 days edition

greg0205

Honorary Master
Ok, so still no evidence that there was any text in the bill that allowed illegals to vote?

The only obtuseness on display is you trying to build up a strawman built on a hypothetical and a disingenuous response to the request for the legislation.
I feel like I've seen this movie before.

I'mma give it a couple of minutes to make sure, and if I have, I figure I'll watch Kurosawa's Seven Samurai and Sturges' The Magnificent Seven back-to-back instead.

Kieppie

Expert Member
Ok, so still no evidence that there was any text in the bill that allowed illegals to vote?

The only obtuseness on display is you trying to build up a strawman built on a hypothetical and a disingenuous response to the request for the legislation.
If it was hypothetical it would not need to include the provision.
Also you keep ignoring that it has already happened a few times without a bill that will make it even more likely.
Keep denying it.

The Biden border surge is still going strong and was predicted last year already. Most democrats approve of decriminalizing illegal border crossing. This is spurred on by proposed path to citizenship for illegals (not DACA) and ending large-scale workplace raids.

So forgive me for not trusting their motives in reducing checks & balances to counter supposed voter suppression.

buka001

Honorary Master
If it was hypothetical it would not need to include the provision.
Also you keep ignoring that it has already happened a few times without a bill that will make it even more likely.
Keep denying it.

The Biden border surge is still going strong and was predicted last year already. Most democrats approve of decriminalizing illegal border crossing. This is spurred on by proposed path to citizenship for illegals (not DACA) and ending large-scale workplace raids.

So forgive me for not trusting their motives in reducing checks & balances to counter supposed voter suppression.
A lot of performative words, that do not address the point that the Democrats have not attempted to allow illegals voting, through the introduction of any legislation.

Otherwise your first post to me would have had that text from some bill somewhere. Not the sidetracked attempt to distract from the original claim by Ponderer.

But hey, just to raise a counterpoint for the sake of it.

Kieppie

Expert Member
A lot of performative words, that do not address the point that the Democrats have not attempted to allow illegals voting, through the introduction of any legislation.

Otherwise your first post to me would have had that text from some bill somewhere. Not the sidetracked attempt to distract from the original claim by Ponderer.

But hey, just to raise a counterpoint for the sake of it.
It's very simple for anyone that has worked with large databases. Cleaning the data is a pain in the ass. You might not have experience with it, but I do. You have many garbage entries and this is in large db's like the back-end SAP systems of Shoprite and PnP.
Now extrapolate this to the size of the US.

The AVR system is well and good and I preferred automated systems. The catch is it's only as good as the data it uses. So unless they improve their systems so that irregularities like what happened before does not happen this will remain a problem. You have to balance ease and security.

So from a data standpoint anyone that argues for less security is the person you need to be weary of.

South Africa has a much stricter voting system together with on the day only voting yet our turnout during the last election was on par with places like the UK and Germany and much higher than the US. Interestingly enough that was the lowest turnout we had since 1994.

So no you don't have to sacrifice security and wrongly claim voter suppression. Perhaps the US government is less efficient than the ANC? :unsure:

Oooohhhh....super interesting. Hopefully it gets defeated in the city hailing itself as the most progressive in the US.

Minneapolis voters will decide then whether to adopt an amendment to the city’s charter that would limit the size, scope and influence of its police department, a first-of-its-kind measure sparked by the 2020 killing of George Floyd by Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin. The mayor who would help spearhead those reforms is also on the ballot: incumbent Mayor Jacob Frey, who is facing a slate of nearly 20 challengers, including several leaders of last summer’s protests for police accountability in the wake of Floyd’s death.

The amendment — and, to a lesser extent, the mayoral race — will provide the first ballot test of a big-city police department overhaul in advance of the midterm elections. Those in favor of sweeping police reforms also see the amendment’s outcome as a gauge of just how much political capital defund movement activists have left against the backdrop of a spike in violent crime.

Democrats have been divided nationally over whether the push to “defund the police” seriously damaged their electoral prospects in 2020 or had no effect at all. It’s a debate happening in nearly every big city in America.

“After George Floyd, the world literally turned its eye to Minneapolis. The pressure was on,” said Robin Wonsley Worlobah, a community organizer and candidate for City Council. “Really, we're seeing what legacy are we creating in the wake of George Floyd. What are we going to do about the future of public safety? Because what we do here, we know will impact other cities.”

Under the Yes 4 Minneapolis initiative, the Minneapolis Police Department would be replaced with a Department of Public Safety, eliminating the city’s required minimum number of officers per capita and replacing some with social workers, mental health experts and crisis managers — effectively defunding the local police by reallocating funds to other city services.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Is that Jesus, or just John Lennon?
You reckon this is a problem Jesus or John Lennon had?

O9sjtbV.jpeg

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
A conservative Republican wants a black school teacher fired because he doesn't like certain lessons.

Can't wait for James Lindsay to post about this endlessly for the next 4 years. You know, that brave truth-teller and defender of freedom of speech.

Here's the lesson, for reference:

1632350579275.png

Kieppie

Expert Member
You reckon this is a problem Jesus or John Lennon had?

O9sjtbV.jpeg
Yet happily married, sometime robe wearing, Lennon look alike, Satanist was almost spot on in the 2016 election predictions compared to FiveThirtyEight which were completely reversed.

Funny that. Guess you shouldn't base your opinions off of a meme ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Who wudda thought that restricting access to places based on an Internet server being up would have negative wide effects.

This one is on you lot.
Readers, are any of you surprised that konfab would re-post unverified stuff by complete cranks and lunatics?

A former Barrie surgeon has given up his licence to practise medicine and has promised his regulatory body to never apply to register as a physician ever again, anywhere.

The agreement arose prior to a College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) disciplinary hearing in November.

CPSO indicated Guirguis entered the agreement to cease practising medicine voluntarily.

The college had earlier launched investigations into Dr. Emad M. Guirguis and his now-defunct Lakeview Surgery Centre on Dunlop Street following complaints.

He was found to perform cosmetic surgery that was outside his scope of practice as a physician, not having the proper training and certification.

Also, you know who's in charge of Ontario's government? A conservative.

Kieppie

Expert Member
Haha the ACLU edited RBG quote to make it gender neutral

The original reads

“The decision whether or not to bear a child is central to a woman’s life, to her well-being and dignity. It is a decision she must make for herself. When the government controls that decision for her, she is being treated as less than a full adult human responsible for her own choices.”

Oh ACLU how you've fallen in recent years...

Kieppie

Expert Member
A conservative Republican wants a black school teacher fired because he doesn't like certain lessons.

Can't wait for James Lindsay to post about this endlessly for the next 4 years. You know, that brave truth-teller and defender of freedom of speech.

Here's the lesson, for reference:

View attachment 1152786
You read your article incorrectly.

"the district's refusal to address parents' concerns is reason to call for Superintendent Brian Yearwood's immediate resignation."

He has a teaching background, but he hasn't been a teacher in a long time :rolleyes:

Kieppie

Expert Member

So much for slowly shutting down Gitmo...