US Politics : Biden 100 days edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a depressing read from Andrew Sullivan. Feels like if the ANC were to count the votes... :confused:

Last year was a dress rehearsal. Sixteen states have now shifted electoral powers away from the governor and secretaries of state to legislatures, run by Trump loyalists, as Robert Kagan has noted

rvZA

Executive Member
Jason Miller has been trending for more than a day now.

I’ll be keeping an eye on that to let you know how it all turns out.

Be my guest.

Nonetheless, this is exactly what you get when you put two grifters in the White House.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Be my guest.

Nonetheless, this is exactly what you get when you put two grifters in the White House.

Still keeping up those monthly donations to Trump's fight the election fraud pac? You know he can't take on AOC and the radical left without your help.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Be my guest.

Trump and Ivanka? Trump and Jared? Trump and Steve Bannon? Trump and Mike Flynn? Trump and Scott Pruitt? Trump and Tom Price? Trump and Tom Barrack? Trump and Ryan Zinke? Trump and Betsy DeVos? Trump and Alex Azar? Trump and Wilbur Ross? Trump and Matt Whitaker? Trump and Billy Barr?

Look, rvZA, you're going to have to be a little more specific about the second grifter.

rvZA

Executive Member
Trump divided America but Biden and co is totally f*ing it up.

Biden has managed to divide the country even more. They are now at a point where I doubt reconsiliation will ever be possible again.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Biden has managed to divide the country even more. They are now at a point where I doubt reconsiliation will ever be possible again.
That's how it goes when one party is democratic, and the other wants to install an emperor for life.

rvZA

Executive Member
That's how it goes when one party is democratic, and the other wants to install an emperor for life.

Ah, so what you are saying it was Trump who said he was going to change election laws to prevent the verification of voters and votes, right?

It was Trump who said that all borders should be kept open so that the country could be flooded by illegal immigrants, right?

It was Trump that wants to get millions of new voters into the country, get them to vote for him and keep him indefinitely in power, right?

How democratic of him, right?

greg0205

Honorary Master
Ah, so what you are saying it was Trump who said he was going to change election laws to prevent the verification of voters and votes, right?

It was Trump who said that all borders should be kept open so that the country could be flooded by illegal immigrants, right?

It was Trump that wants to get millions of new voters into the country, get them to vote for him and keep him indefinitely in power, right?

How democratic of him, right?
He lost 56 election-related court cases in November, and his pals in Texas went all the way to the Supreme Court to have *Pennsylvania's* election results overturned.

Then...

Two Scoops led a putsch in January, and he's been trying to have states decertify a certified election so he can be reinstated.

But tell me more about how democracy works, rvZA.

Currently reading a book on John Maynard Keynes -- probably the economist of the 20th century - and of course, ironically many of his ideas were actually implemented in the Land of the Free instead of his native US under the presidency of FDR who achieved economic growth rates which have never been close to being repeated in the US.

Anyhow...my point is FDR was a truly transformative president. OTOH, Biden is rather meek in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.