US Politics : Biden 100 days edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Ben Garrison, a right-wing cartoonist known for his opposition to vaccines and his extremely flattering drawings of former President Donald Trump, told Gizmodo late Sunday that he contracted covid-19 and has been sick for about two weeks. But allegedly getting covid hasn’t changed Garrison’s mind about modern medical science.
“We’re taking Ivermectin and various vitamins including a lot of Zinc,” Garrison continued, explaining what he’s doing to treat the disease. The cartoonist also notes he’s taking beet root juice.

konfab

Honorary Master
Which part do you disagree with and why?

The data doesn't fit their linear model in any way. Look at the screenshot I posted and where the data are in relation to the line that fits it.

And as I stated, these are the graphs that they cherry picked to try and prove a point.

If you went and generated two distributions of random numbers and plotted them, you can fairly easily expect to see a non zero r value (that is the slope of the graph).

Here is a mini lecture on the issue.

Progressives going to be fuming but clearly this was the only way forward as Manchin and Sinema aren't currently giving their votes to the $3.5 trillion package and no amount of bullying or intimidation will change that. Big win for centrist Dems.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi is reversing a months-long vow to push through the two major planks of Democrats’ domestic agenda in tandem, a huge shift just days before a critical infrastructure vote.

Pelosi explained her thinking in a rare Monday night caucus session, saying she and President Joe Biden are continuing to push the Senate on negotiations related to the social spending package, but the House must move ahead on infrastructure this week before surface transportation funding expires Thursday.
The speaker had declared earlier this summer that the House would only pass Biden’s bipartisan infrastructure bill if both chambers had also agreed to the party’s broader social spending plan. The California Democrat privately told members that the thinking began to change 10 days ago when she learned that Democrats would need to scale back the initial $3.5 trillion price tag for that spending bill — a massive legislative task.

“It all changed, so our approach had to change," Pelosi told her caucus Monday, according to Democrats present.

Ponderer

Executive Member
I'm not an American, and I distrust all politicians.

Here's the thing.
If I was an American, I would prefer having Trump in charge rather than Biden.
Trump may very well be an egotist, but its better for America to have Trump at the helm instead of Biden.

I know it's just an opinion, but it is my opinion.

Cray

Honorary Master
I'm not an American, and I distrust all politicians.

Here's the thing.
If I was an American, I would prefer having Trump in charge rather than Biden.
Trump may very well be an egotist, but its better for America to have Trump at the helm instead of Biden.
Regardless of his performance as President, do you think that someone that actively pushed BS about the election results is deserving of another term?

greg0205

Honorary Master
Enjoy forgetful grandpa's reign while he is still able :thumbsup:
Our army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, it had nothing but victory.

Do you have an update on the Continental army's occupation of the airports in 1783?

Ponderer

Executive Member
Regardless of his performance as President, do you think that someone that actively pushed BS about the election results is deserving of another term?
In my opinion, neither of them should be in charge.
In politics, it's the $hit that rises to the top (as opposed to the cream).
Just saying that Trump is (in my opinion) the lesser of 2 turds.
Rather a rude/egotist (but otherwise competent) turd than an incompetent one.

surface

Honorary Master
Jesus, this might be something we agree on, I also think 78 is way too old to be in that kind of position.
It seems only last 2 were 70+ when they assumed office. I am not too sure about "too old" part. I am sure there are exceptional people that can maintain all their faculties at advanced age. Would you have Sarah Palin as president just because she is younger? Or MTG ?

p.s. Not sure if you meant for football. :unsure:

Cray

Honorary Master
It seems only last 2 were 70+ when they assumed office. I am not too sure about "too old" part. I am sure there are exceptional people that can maintain all their faculties at advanced age. Would you have Sarah Palin as president just because she is younger? Or MTG ?
Obviously youth or age alone shouldn't be qualifier or disqualifier, end of the day he was elected - this is just my preference - I just think there is more to be gained by having someone a bit younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.