US Politics : Biden 100 days edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't equate police unions to other unions, especially teachers unions.

Unions protect worker's rights, police unions protect the murderers in their ranks.

LOL. Teacher unions protect useless teachers.

I remember reading during the covid-19 pandemic in the US how the teacher unions were very happy to continue online learning and made all these absurd demands before going back to the classroom.

ponder

Honorary Master
If your job includes lobbying to secure the murder licence known as qualified immunity for your members, you have no business being in a job that falls under the "justice" umbrella.

The police are not the only ones with immunity.

Even though I'm not a fan of qualified immunity and think it should be abolished, the US has a lot of frivolous lawsuits and I can't foresee how officers will handle being sued in their personal capacity if they don't have qualified immunity. It applies to most if not all police in the world, you sue the employer which is the city/state etc

ponder

Honorary Master
Not sure why you think anyone is suggesting that police shouldn’t have a union. It’s unfortunate that the police union is so corrupt. You’re strawmanning

If you think only police unions are corrupt I got news for you.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Stormy Daniels is trending and I knew pious Ponderer would want to know why...

Periodic reminder:

5bb47b4692b369287a02c735

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
I'm not an American, and I distrust all politicians.

Here's the thing.
If I was an American, I would prefer having Trump in charge rather than Biden.
Trump may very well be an egotist, but its better for America to have Trump at the helm instead of Biden.

I know it's just an opinion, but it is my opinion.
You needn't have told us. We knew this already

Status
Not open for further replies.