US Politics : Biden 100 days edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I particularly enjoy Article 1, you know, the one with the three-fifths compromise.
It was a justified compromise at the time. Many of you lefties love applying current moral standards to things that happened long ago, completely decontextualising history. I know you lefties love feeling smug and morally superior to generations of people before you but this really has to take the cake.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
fd4a6f104cc9fd8714ade437de8b032a.jpg

Love it!! :love:

Do you have websites where I can purchase that stuff? Would appreciate it :thumbsup:

EADC

Executive Member
Literally quoted a journal article which quoted an author of CRT about it. That not good enough for you?

I've already stated that of course CRT doesn't state must you hate the country of your birth, it's the way in which it is presented that is the problem. The framing, as you will. For example, CRT history would say the Founding Fathers were slave owners (true, its history with a negative lens) while a proper and far more interesting history lesson would focus on the amazing document that they produced at the time which is one of the rare documents that can truely be called revolutionary given the political systems of the European countries at the time. Indeed, the Founding Fathers being slave owners was not particularly original at the time and does not really add value to the understanding of the creation of the US. It's only function is to smear the FFs and paint them in a wholly negative light.

So by your standards then are you happy with how the media and the world has changed Nelson Mandela's legacy to only the good he did in transitioning South Africa?

We should not touch on the bad aspects of him? we should teach that he was a flawed man?

Or are you going to have a different opinion on that because it does not suite your narrative?

surface

Honorary Master
So by your standards then are you happy with how the media and the world has changed Nelson Mandela's legacy to only the good he did in transitioning South Africa?

We should not touch on the bad aspects of him? we should teach that he was a flawed man?

Or are you going to have a different opinion on that because it does not suite your narrative?
What NoBrit is putting forward is basically what I call the 'Mohammed' argument. e.g. "Everyone" those days was marrying 9 year olds hence he is not a pedophile and look at how he cared for orphans.

Thugscub

Expert Member
Gooooooooood morning Sleepy Joe.
You got your sh I t together today?
You can stand up now the Chinese have have pulled out for a second.

greg0205

Honorary Master
It was a justified compromise at the time. Many of you lefties love applying current moral standards to things that happened long ago, completely decontextualising history. I know you lefties love feeling smug and morally superior to generations of people before you but this really has to take the cake.
16:58

I feel like I've made this exact point quite recently.

buka001

Honorary Master
Literally quoted a journal article which quoted an author of CRT about it. That not good enough for you?

I've already stated that of course CRT doesn't state must you hate the country of your birth, it's the way in which it is presented that is the problem. The framing, as you will. For example, CRT history would say the Founding Fathers were slave owners (true, its history with a negative lens) while a proper and far more interesting history lesson would focus on the amazing document that they produced at the time which is one of the rare documents that can truely be called revolutionary given the political systems of the European countries at the time. Indeed, the Founding Fathers being slave owners was not particularly original at the time and does not really add value to the understanding of the creation of the US. It's only function is to smear the FFs and paint them in a wholly negative light.

This is from your journal article, which is explaining that the definition of White Supremacy used is not the typical definition to mean the overy racism of white individuals or groups (for eg KKK or Neo-Nazis), but the socio-political systems which are dominated by white individuals.

They pretty much say they are not saying all white people are racist, and are looking at the role white dominant system play in socio-political landscape.

White supremacy’ I do not mean to allude only to the self-conscious racism of white supremacist hate groups. I refer instead to a political, economic, and cultural system in which whites overwhelmingly control power and material resources, conscious and unconscious ideas of white superiority and entitlement are widespread, and relations of white dominance and non-white subordination are daily re-enacted across a broad array of institutions and social settings.

surface

Honorary Master
This is from your journal article, which is explaining that the definition of White Supremacy used is not the typical definition to mean the overy racism of white individuals or groups (for eg KKK or Neo-Nazis), but the socio-political systems which are dominated by white individuals.

They pretty much say they are not saying all white people are racist, and are looking at the role white dominant system play in socio-political landscape.
If someone says this, they are pretty much racists themselves. Supremist use it more often but locally, EFF & BLF have expressed racist views as well. In any case, hopefully someday we will come out of this "race" which is social construct anyways.

Who do you think the author holds responsible for the so-called "white dominant system"? You just know it's a wink,wink nudge,nudge situation...

SoldierMan

Executive Member
First, is there a reason the forum won't add multi quotes right now? Tried everything and I'm last-resorting here...

Second, this post will be a slight derail.

Third, the stolen valour thing is on me.

I started it here after a run-in with Soldier in the SADF in the 80's thread, and one of his posts in particular.

I've run with it for a while now.

View attachment 1086187

View attachment 1086189

View attachment 1086191

View attachment 1086193

That SADF thread is a bunch of old boys talking old-boy, 'remember when', border shyte. Soldier doesn't fall into that category at all, but felt the need to pop in and take pot-shots nevertheless... then... posted about his brother as if that was his golden ticket to the thread.

It isn't the same stolen valour as folks who lie about being in the Recces or what not, rather leveraging a family connection to ingratiate himself with a bunch of greying internet dudes with dodgy knees and backs, who happened to wear a uniform thirty five years ago.

The stolen valour posts are on me.

What an utter obsessive nutjob you are :ROFL:

Your obsession with me is flattering, but unfortunately for you I'm into women and not boys like you.....

greg0205

Honorary Master
What an utter obsessive nutjob you are :ROFL:

Your obsession with me is flattering, but unfortunately for you I'm into women and not boys like you.....
I've been pointing at you and laughing for the longest time geevee, and I have to tell you, the stretches you've made in this post to feel better about being a punchline are spectacular.

Such a good laugh.

Thanks, pal.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
Who do you think the author holds responsible for the so-called "white dominant system"?
the interests of White-identified people are given precedence over the interests of other groups through political, social, economic and cultural structures and practices that have evolved over centuries and are maintained and continually recreated by these structures and through individual actors and actions (conscious and unconscious).

SoldierMan

Executive Member
I've been pointing at you and laughing for the longest time geevee, and I have to tell you, the stretches you've made in this post to feel better about being a punchline are spectacular.

Such a good laugh.

Thanks, pal.

That's nice.

And what of Hunter Biden using the N-word....... can we expect wall to wall coverage by the likes of CNN and other leftist media or will they ignore it like the hypocrites they are. I mean imagine it was Trump's son, the world would literally end and it would be 24/7 news.

Oh and what about you and the rest of the virtue signaling sycophants here on MyBB, you also going to hypocritically ignore Hunter's N-word disaster.....

greg0205

Honorary Master
That's nice.

And what of Hunter Biden using the N-word....... can we expect wall to wall coverage by the likes of CNN and other leftist media or will they ignore it like the hypocrites they are. I mean imagine it was Trump's son, the world would literally end and it would be 24/7 news.

Oh and what about you and the rest of the virtue signaling sycophants here on MyBB, you also going to hypocritically ignore Hunter's N-word disaster.....
Why bring Hunter Biden into a perfectly good discussion of your neediness and inadequacy?

SoldierMan

Executive Member
Why bring Hunter Biden into a perfectly good discussion of your neediness and inadequacy?

Because you're a big ol' hypocrite, that's why!

Virtue signaling day by day here in this thread for all to see, and now this proves it.

Hunter Biden's mutterings are like a big ol' turd in your breakfast cereal and instead of addressing it or even covering it with sugar, you are just ignoring it and eating the ol' turd with your cereal.

You don't really care, you're just all talk and no substance, and this proves it. You've got no backbone or conviction, just a faker.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Because you're a big ol' hypocrite, that's why!

Virtue signaling day by day here in this thread for all to see, and now this proves it.

Hunter Biden's mutterings are like a big ol' turd in your breakfast cereal and instead of addressing it or even covering it with sugar, you are just ignoring it and eating the ol' turd with your cereal.

You don't really care, you're just all talk and no substance, and this proves it. You've got no backbone or conviction, just a faker.
"All talk and no substance" from the 33 round Glock magazine guy who calls himself SoldierMan.

You can't make this up.

Say, geevee, while I have your attention, a question real quick... Is Hunter Biden POTUS?

Status
Not open for further replies.