US spies give shock verdict on Iran threat

GougedEye

Expert Member
US spies give shock verdict on Iran threat

United States intelligence agencies undercut the White House on Monday by disclosing for the first time that Iran has not been pursuing a nuclear weapons development programme for the past four years.
Bush and Vice-President Dick Cheney have been claiming without equivocation that Tehran is bent on achieving a nuclear weapon, with the president warning in October of the risk of World War III.
Now where have I seen this all before .......

mercurial

MyBB Legend
i'm not surprised, but i am surprised when many people will dispute things like this and say it's conspiracy theories.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
Hold on...why then did the UN Nuclear Watchdog claim that Iran could build an atom bomb within a year

Iran has expanded its capacity to enrich uranium and now has 3,000 centrifuges operating — enough potentially to produce an atom bomb within a year — the United Nations nuclear watchdog reported yesterday.
And you seem to have forgotten this part of the report:

Although a halt to the nuclear weapons programme is significant, the NIE is far from a clean bill of health for Iran. Tehran is pushing ahead with its uranium enrichment programme, which has only limited civilian use and could be quickly converted to nuclear military use. The NIE warned that Iran could secure a nuclear weapon by 2010. The US state department's intelligence and research office, one of the agencies involved, said the more likely timescale would be 2013. All the agencies concede that Iran may not have enough enriched uranium until after 2015.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
it seems USA won't rest until the accuse all the Arab nations of having WMD or them wanting to build them. honestly now. who's next on their hitlist? any country that ends in "stan", "khan" or "ran" ?

Alan

Honorary Master
dude, as a rule of thumb, i never, ever, under any circumstances, believe anything that comes out of the USA's government's mouth. 99% of it is hogwash to promote their agendas.
Er that's the U.N not the U.S :eek:

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Gee I wonder who the posse will believe? The U.N or the U.S spies. :D

Iran is making the same mistake as Saddam. Come clean and nothing will happen. Oh and the posse coming to the defence of yet another despot :eek:
come clean of what? some people will never admit the truth even if it smacks them in the head. :rolleyes:
i find it absolutely laughable when their own governement's speak out against them, but people are still arrogant enough to dismiss it.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
But again: You only believe the US govt. when you want. How interesting but not surprising :eek: . Another irony that you don't pick up on.

And it's the UN report, not the US report.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
i don't believe the US government period. a few years ago they had the same accusations that Iraq had WMD and we all know how that turned out -FALSE. i don't trust them.

Alan

Honorary Master
come clean of what? some people will never admit the truth even if it smacks them in the head. :rolleyes:
i find it absolutely laughable when their own governement's speak out against them, but people are still arrogant enough to dismiss it.
With whatever IAEA demands of them.

But again: You only believe the US govt. when you want. How interesting but not surprising :eek: . Another irony that you don't pick up on.

And it's the UN report, not the US report.
Yeah so true. They'll believe anyone and anything to suit their pacifist ideology. I mean if you can fall for Hitler, Stalin, Mugabe, ANC......... no surprise then that they fall for glowing Ahemi :sick:

Alan

Honorary Master
i don't believe the US government period. a few years ago they had the same accusations that Iraq had WMD and we all know how that turned out -FALSE. i don't trust them.
Okay so then you don't trust the U.N, Britain, Australia, Netherlands, Spain, France, Germany or anybody else :eek:

mercurial

MyBB Legend
With whatever IAEA demands of them.

Yeah so true. They'll believe anyone and anything to suit their pacifist ideology. I mean if you can fall for Hitler, Stalin, Mugabe, ANC......... no surprise then that they fall for glowing Ahemi :sick:
there's nothing to come clean about. ur delusional.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Then so is Mohamed ElBaradei :eek:
believe what you want. you obviously believe all the propoganda that the USA puts forward. USA is all about money. they'll bomb whoever, whenever to get what they want. they've proven it before(Iraq - Oil). it strikes me as odd when a country is so hasty to bomb the crap out of another country, especially since they don't have any evidence to back their crazy theories.

mmmmm....i''ve heard this so many times before pfffft :rolleyes:

where's Iraq's WMD? now they use the same joke on Iran. we can play a game and guess which country is next. this is a sick joke and what's sicker are the people who follow and believe them.