US to put SA duo on terror list - diplomats

MrJones

Wasn't sure if this should go into the philosphical debate sticky, but here it is anyway. While I do applaud the South African governments stance on the issue, I also know a few Muslim People, and yes it wrong to generalise, but every Muslim person I know supports Al-Qaeda. I reckon where there is smoke there is fire, I doubt the Yanks pulled these guys names out of a hat.

*EDIT* http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=qw1169725321969B216 *EDIT*

Last edited:

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Got a story or news article to go along with the topic?

fivelza

Expert Member
This strikes me as draconian.....your name will get put on a list without due process....surely you would have the right to know on what basis/evidence this is being suggested?

froggytoo

Banned
This strikes me as draconian.....your name will get put on a list without due process....surely you would have the right to know on what basis/evidence this is being suggested?
Of course, then again its because the USA said so, never wrong, They?

Syndyre

Honorary Master
I'm not sure, depends what the impact of being on the list is.

fivelza

Expert Member
I'm not sure, depends what the impact of being on the list is.
The way I understand it, the SA Government may be obliged to seize assets etc. They certainly won't be able to travel to certain places.

Syndyre

Honorary Master
The way I understand it, the SA Government may be obliged to seize assets etc. They certainly won't be able to travel to certain places.
If they're unable to travel to the US the US has the right as a sovereign nation to deny them entry. assuming they're not citizens. I guess if the SA government tried to seize their assets they'd have recourse to SA courts.

Alan

Honorary Master
*sigh*

The middle aged white Christian men strike again. Going after an innocent average "tanned muslim"(not too tanned or there would be real trouble) plucked out of nowhere for no reason.

:rolleyes:

Natas

Expert Member
every Muslim person I know supports Al-Qaeda. I reckon where there is smoke there is fire, I doubt the Yanks pulled these guys names out of a hat.

*EDIT* http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=qw1169725321969B216 *EDIT*
Hahahahahahhaha..you're a funny guy...I know MANY muslims and none of them support Al queda.....I read the articles and didnt realise that the one dude they weer talking bout is MY DENTIST...I have a booking in Feb and I'm going...he's a good dentist.....

They are suspected as being terrorist becuase they went to school with some guy who was picked up in Pakistan. They were friends and apparently he went to visit the guy not so long ago....excuse me but I went to school with muslim people and have met some and if you dig enough I am pretty sure that you WILL find someone who actuvely belongs to Al Queda...doesnt mean that I am a terrorist.

Notwithstading whether they are guilty or not, the SA governemnt is placing a strong emphasis on the rights of their own citizens. I have no doubt that if there was conclusive proof, the SA governemtn would be the first to put them on the list. But in the absence of hard proof, the US cannot hold to be guilty until proven innocent. Its the rule of law and its what is supposed to keep innocent people frmo being thrown in jail. I think htis is one of the few times teh SA gov't is doing s/thing right

thedoc!

VTS
Company Rep
but every Muslim person I know supports Al-Qaida
Seems you have been in Afghanistan hanging in the tora bora mountains, I have been brought up in a multi cultural environment knowing and working, on a day to day basis in the middle east with thousands of muslims who oppose Al-Qaida and terrorism...

But then again - what can I say about your experiences!!! :eek:

JK8

Banned
Does Al-Qaeda even exist?
Off all the videos of Bin Laden iv found on the net not one of them showed him admitting he was responsible for 911 or being part of this so called organisation called Al-Qaeda. He did however admit to the US embassy bombings in Nigeria.

Back to these two, I hope they dont have any shady international transactions, like most Indians do.

Jongi

Expert Member
Well they just won't be able to do anything that involves dealing with the US. I am glad that SA has put its foot down with regards to the United Nations list.

Pitbull

Verboten

--edited--
!
I knew this was about to happen..... Right up your ally there....
You like these race issues don't you. Come on Grow up and argue your case like a man.

Last edited by a moderator:

JK8

Banned
I knew this was about to happen..... Right up your ally there....
You like these race issues don't you. Come on Grow up and argue your case like a man.
I wont waste time arguing that stupid comment he made.
I will waste time decorating my font when using different forms of profanity aimed at him!:D

Alan

Honorary Master
Off all the videos of Bin Laden iv found on the net not one of them showed him admitting he was responsible for 911 or being part of this so called organisation called Al-Qaeda. He did however admit to the US embassy bombings in Nigeria.

Back to these two, I hope they dont have any shady international transactions, like most Indians do.
Oh becuase he never admited it then he must be innocent :rolleyes:

Well they just won't be able to do anything that involves dealing with the US. I am glad that SA has put its foot down with regards to the United Nations list.
Well S.A is no friend of the U.S anyway. They're more inclined to go with China, Russia and Iran. Just look at the Burma vote:sick:

I guess comrades stick together after all.

Pitbull

Verboten
I wont waste time arguing that stupid comment he made.
I will waste time decorating my font when using different forms of profanity aimed at him!:D
U need help dude.... seriously.

I also don't agree with his comment but state your case don't be dragged down. This has happened in every race and religion issue you've been in.... Stop trolling and add some construction to the thread.

Syndyre

Honorary Master
Do you think it was just made up? I've never seen a video of him denying it either.

JK8

Banned
U need help dude.... seriously.

I also don't agree with his comment but state your case don't be dragged down. This has happened in every race and religion issue you've been in.... Stop trolling and add some construction to the thread.
Ok Herman, from now I will.:D
But I think my reply was most appropriate to his statement.:D

MrJones

So, I am trying to post some comments, but it's kinda hard not to say anything that won't provoke an ugly arguement. All I can speak from is my experiences, and so can everyone else. And from my experiences, when I had an honest and open conversation with Muslim buddies of mine, they would always side with Al-Qaeda. I never went to school with any muslims, I last went to the dentist like 2 years ago, and my doctors white.