US to put SA duo on terror list - diplomats

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
This was the main line , in an article in todays Cape Times, the story is available on the online version , if you are a subscriber :

South Africa worried about citizens denied entry into US

I seems many South African citizens are getting their visa applications rejected, although the government is looking into the situation, nobody was prepared to comment, (as usual).

Bageloo

Expert Member
So, I am trying to post some comments, but it's kinda hard not to say anything that won't provoke an ugly arguement. All I can speak from is my experiences, and so can everyone else. And from my experiences, when I had an honest and open conversation with Muslim buddies of mine, they would always side with Al-Qaeda. I never went to school with any muslims, I last went to the dentist like 2 years ago, and my doctors white.
Siding with Al Qaeda in a conversation does not amount to being an active member or sponsor. It is unreasonble to expect Muslims to side with G.Bush in such a conversation. But that still does not mean they are sponsors of Al-Qaeda.

Alan

Honorary Master
Siding with Al Qaeda in a conversation does not amount to being an active member or sponsor. It is unreasonble to expect Muslims to side with G.Bush in such a conversation. But that still does not mean they are sponsors of Al-Qaeda.
Every muslim I've asked is anti American. I heard a lot of it pre Dubya so nothing new there. Some of it is plain envy which many non muslim people suffer from but most was not. It's amusing how a person who's lifestyle is very "American" lecture me on how evil America is.

Syndyre

Honorary Master
Is it reasonable to side with Al Qaeda though?

Bageloo

Expert Member
Every muslim I've asked is anti American. I heard a lot of it pre Dubya so nothing new there. Some of it is plain envy which many non muslim people suffer from but most was not. It's amusing how a person who's lifestyle is very "American" lecture me on how evil America is.
If you are anti-ANC, does it mean that you are part of the Boeremag's conspiracy? What if you went to school with one of the members of the Boermag and he just happend to pay you a visit from ORANIYA. It would not be very fair for the ANC gvt to dump you in jail without any sound proof. Or how can you prove that you are innocent? It's easier to prove that one is guilty than to expect them to prove that they are innocent.

Last edited:

Bageloo

Expert Member
Is it reasonable to side with Al Qaeda though?
Given the choice between Al-Qaeda and Bush, I would safely say a Muslim would pick Al-Qaeda. That's a more reasonable choice to him. To any other westerner that would perhaps confirm their status as terrorists. Most muslims believe that Bush is the no1 terrorists anyway ( Except those in Saudi Arabia who have massive investments in the US :)

Alan

Honorary Master
If you are anti-ANC, does it mean that you are part of the Boeremag's conspiracy? What if you went to school with one of the members of the Boermag and he just happend to pay you a visit from ORANIYA. It would not be very fair for the ANC gvt to dump you in jail with any sound proof. Or how can you prove that you are innocent? It's easier to prove that one is guilty than to expect them to prove that they are innocent.
I don't recall saying being anti American is the same as being a member of Al Queda :confused:

I highly doubt that these two would admit guilt or that the U.S would go through all the trouble to list these two if they had so little on them.

But then again middle aged white Christian men who want to destroy Islam run the U.S.:rolleyes:

Oh and being anti American probably doesn't help. They surely can't expect pleasantries.

Last edited:

Alan

Honorary Master
Given the choice between Al-Qaeda and Bush, I would safely say a Muslim would pick Al-Qaeda. That's a more reasonable choice to him. To any other westerner that would perhaps confirm their status as terrorists. Most muslims believe that Bush is the no1 terrorists anyway ( Except those in Saudi Arabia who have massive investments in the US :)
Well then why whine when Bush whacks them.

Why is Bush no1 terrorist? Al-Qaeda kills plenty of innocent muslims and for what? I didn't see muslims flock to live under the Taliban?

Clinton's relieved he's no longer in the running. He wasn't far off 1 for a long time. Pity the next U.S president.

Bageloo

Expert Member
I don't recall saying be anti American is the same as being a member of Al Queda :confused:
QUOTE]

I know you didn't but I was just making a point that being anti-american does not warrant blacklisting. If that was the case I'd be blacklisted as well...I'm not even Mulslim and I don't even know who/what Al-Qaeda is!!!

kilo39

Executive Member
Don't know why sa didn't just let cia/mi5 kidnap him like the last poor sop that disappeared into the bowels of the beast.

(what was his name again? yeah, right.)

Alan

Honorary Master
I don't recall saying be anti American is the same as being a member of Al Queda :confused:
QUOTE]

I know you didn't but I was just making a point that being anti-american does not warrant blacklisting. If that was the case I'd be blacklisted as well...I'm not even Mulslim and I don't even know who/what Al-Qaeda is!!!
Exactly. Are you blacklisted? No

So how can you claim that they blacklist people for only being anti American?

Don't know why sa didn't just let cia/mi5 kidnap him like the last poor sop that disappeared into the bowels of the beast.

(what was his name again? yeah, right.)
I can see it now. Abdul was just minding his on business at home one day watering his flowers when just a few hours before a white middle aged Christian man randomly picked his name out of the phone book resulting in a massive operation to pluck him out of his peacefull idyllic insignificant world and stuck him away in a place where they have the nerve not to give 5 star treatment.

Boohoo

Last edited:

telkomsuig

Expert Member
702 went to his "cammo" store this week and apparently it is almost empty. I don't know doubt these guys were picked at random something must be up...

kilo39

Executive Member
I can see it now. Abdul was just minding his on business at home one day watering his flowers when just an few hours before a white middle aged Christion man randomly picked his name out of the phone book resulting in a massive operation to pluck him out of his peacefull idyllic insignificant world and stuck him away in a place where they have the nerve not to give 5 star treatment.

Boohoo
Haven't read the article but I can imagine: he made a donation or whatever, now he's a Jihadist Fundementalist, Fascist terrorist.

Heard it all before. GB and the american government are liars, plain and simple. And seems the Israelis aren't doing so well either :D another rightwing fundamentalist bigot charged with sex crimes. Hahaahaa.

:sick:

Alan

Honorary Master
Haven't read the article but I can imagine: he made a donation or whatever, now he's a Jihadist Fundementalist, Fascist terrorist.

Heard it all before. GB and the american government are liars, plain and simple. And seems the Israelis aren't doing so well either :D another rightwing fundamentalist bigot charged with sex crimes. Hahaahaa.

:sick:
Oh if only Clinton spent less time "investigating" his interns and more time investigating terrorists he might have prevented you getting :sick: so often :D

chiskop

Executive Member
The way I understand it, the SA Government may be obliged to seize assets etc. They certainly won't be able to travel to certain places.
Assets are frozen and international travel ban. Someone else said America has the right to refuse entry to anyone that they don't want to admit, and thats true. They certainly don't have the right to refuse a citizen of another country the right to travel wherever they want to go - at least not without some kind of evidence and fair trial.

kilo39

Executive Member
@ alanf: :D

Least monica wanted it, I mean, didn't she say please? more than can be said for rapist Israeli PM.

:eek:

Alan

Honorary Master
@ alanf: :D

Least monica wanted it, I mean, didn't she say please? more than can be said for rapist Israeli PM.

:eek:
Hmmm

What happend to innocent until proven guilty? You just throw it out the window when it doesn't suit you.

Skeptik

Banned
Hahahahahahhaha..you're a funny guy...I know MANY muslims and none of them support Al queda.....I read the articles and didnt realise that the one dude they weer talking bout is MY DENTIST...I have a booking in Feb and I'm going...he's a good dentist.....

They are suspected as being terrorist becuase they went to school with some guy who was picked up in Pakistan. They were friends and apparently he went to visit the guy not so long ago....excuse me but I went to school with muslim people and have met some and if you dig enough I am pretty sure that you WILL find someone who actuvely belongs to Al Queda...doesnt mean that I am a terrorist.

Notwithstading whether they are guilty or not, the SA governemnt is placing a strong emphasis on the rights of their own citizens. I have no doubt that if there was conclusive proof, the SA governemtn would be the first to put them on the list. But in the absence of hard proof, the US cannot hold to be guilty until proven innocent. Its the rule of law and its what is supposed to keep innocent people frmo being thrown in jail. I think htis is one of the few times teh SA gov't is doing s/thing right
There is some truth in this generalisation. I wouldn't say they want 9-11 repeated, but they want the Americans to get a bloody nose. I haven't met a Muslim who doesn't feel angry with America. Besides, would they spell it out if they secretly did support Bin Laden & co??

The US don't do this sort of listing lightly. They probably have something on him, like funding/support of some sort for Bin Laden. People who get placed on this list always protest their innocence. It may be a terrible mistake, but from what I've heard I wouldn't count on it.