US to put SA duo on terror list - diplomats

froggytoo

Banned
Hmmm

What happend to innocent until proven guilty? You just throw it out the window when it doesn't suit you.
Depends who's law goggles you are peeping through. Why do it have to be proven if you are a suspect. There must be some evidence or reason. Thus the save and correct way is to list them, ban them and punish them.

kilo39

Executive Member
There is some truth in this generalisation. I wouldn't say they want 9-11 repeated, but they want the Americans to get a bloody nose. I haven't met a Muslim who doesn't feel angry with America. Besides, would they spell it out if they secretly did support Bin Laden & co??
Hey Skeptik if you look at the polls and the stats most of the world feels angry with america.

:D @ froggytoo

The Pretoria High Court will rule on Monday on the urgency of an application for it to declare the arrest, detention and removal from South Africa of a Pakistani national unlawful.
Court to soon give ruling on Rashid arrest June 15 2006

Remember him? Notably disappeared off the face of the earth, still to be charged with a crime. Why is this any different?

Alan

Honorary Master
Hey Skeptik if you look at the polls and the stats most of the world feels angry with america.
Where these "polls from around the world". How many were against America before Bush even came along.

Envy :eek:

Anyway who'd they prefer instead China? Russia? Iran? hehe Fance

America is not the worlds(liberals also like to call themselves "The world") poodle. Why must they trust their security to some offended tribe from some remote part of Pakistan or herders in Lesotho :rolleyes:

Natas

Expert Member
There is some truth in this generalisation. I wouldn't say they want 9-11 repeated, but they want the Americans to get a bloody nose. I haven't met a Muslim who doesn't feel angry with America. Besides, would they spell it out if they secretly did support Bin Laden & co??

The US don't do this sort of listing lightly. They probably have something on him, like funding/support of some sort for Bin Laden. People who get placed on this list always protest their innocence. It may be a terrible mistake, but from what I've heard I wouldn't count on it.
There is some truth to all generalisations. Generalisations are a natural phenomenon the brain uses to "economise", placing people in boxes and attributing certain archetypes to them. It makes things easier. its only human to generalise. I however believe that one must strive to have no preconceptions and not make any assumptions, it makes one weak and can lead you to assuming the wrong thing.

There are many people who would like to see Team America: World Police get a bloody nose....a lot of them are not muslim, some of them are even American. I met lots of people who feel angry with America.....I'm not Muslim, but I understand why Al Queda did what they did. If you back even a small animal into a corner...one of the main reasons however was to manipulate the price of airline stock in their favour, thereby making a fortune!!!

Last edited:

JK8

Banned
Every muslim I've asked is anti American. I heard a lot of it pre Dubya so nothing new there. Some of it is plain envy which many non muslim people suffer from but most was not. It's amusing how a person who's lifestyle is very "American" lecture me on how evil America is.

We try not to.
The only american thing I directly support is Coke, and I try to stay away from the others. Never walked into a Levis stores in 6 years now!:)

fivelza

Expert Member
I hope you feel the same about JZ i.e. he is innocent of rape and corruption
JZ went through a trial for the rape and the corruption charges were thrown out....these guys haven't even had a chance to know, on what basis are these accusations being levelled at them.

JK8

Banned
JZ went through a trial for the rape and the corruption charges were thrown out....these guys haven't even had a chance to know, on what basis are these accusations being levelled at them.
None mentioned so far, the UN is investigating it. I hope its a legit investigation and nothing planted, imagine 2 guys against the US!!!

We all know what they can do.

fivelza

Expert Member
None mentioned so far, the UN is investigating it. I hope its a legit investigation and nothing planted, imagine 2 guys against the US!!!

We all know what they can do.
Just imagine the legal costs involved....if the accusations turn out to be false..who do you recover from.....scarey ::(

Bageloo

Expert Member
Just imagine the legal costs involved....if the accusations turn out to be false..who do you recover from.....scarey ::(
There must be some legal recourse if they are found not guilty. Perhaps a claim for damages against uncle Sam.

Syndyre

Honorary Master
They werent from SA. These guys have enough money anyhow, depends how much they gonna need at the end.
I suppose these guys could try sueing the US in SA courts, it hasn't proved so successful in US courts. I think there's some sort of "sovereign immunity" that protects them from being sued for foreign policy, diplomatic decisions which they could argue this is.

Jongi

Expert Member
Whether they are supporters of Al Qaeda is secondary to the fact that South Africa should insist that its nationals are not put on the UN list without the US showing clear reason.

JTech

Banned
won't be able to do anything that involves dealing with the US
That's not too bad is it? Who the hell needs them yanks anyway and their "sue anyone for anything" culture

Personally I think the yanks are trying to throw their weight around by picking on SA citizens now that they've run out of people to pick on elsewhere.

icyrus

Executive Member
That's not too bad is it? Who the hell needs them yanks anyway and their "sue anyone for anything" culture

Personally I think the yanks are trying to throw their weight around by picking on SA citizens now that they've run out of people to pick on elsewhere.
What a daft statement...

kilo39

Executive Member
Jealousy makes you daft as well :D

Rampant envy really is sad :eek:
Nearly three-quarters of those polled in 25 countries disapprove of U.S. policies toward Iraq, and more than two-thirds said the U.S. military presence in the Middle East does more harm than good. Nearly half of those polled in Europe, Africa, Asia, South America and the Middle East said the United States is now playing a mainly negative role in the world.
Views on U.S. Drop Sharply In Worldwide Opinion Poll Washington Post Foreign Service Tuesday, January 23, 2007

So much for rampant envy.