US to put SA duo on terror list - diplomats

adamr

Executive Member
Interesting to see gullibility and racism so rampant here on this thread … no wonder the media has such an easy time manipulating the masses…

Like a bunch of sheep ...

Last edited:

Alan

Honorary Master
Nearly three-quarters of those polled in 25 countries disapprove of U.S. policies toward Iraq, and more than two-thirds said the U.S. military presence in the Middle East does more harm than good. Nearly half of those polled in Europe, Africa, Asia, South America and the Middle East said the United States is now playing a mainly negative role in the world.
Views on U.S. Drop Sharply In Worldwide Opinion Poll Washington Post Foreign Service Tuesday, January 23, 2007

So much for rampant envy.

Oh how I love The Washington Post and the BBC.

Some interesting things in this artical.

More than 26,000 people were questioned for the survey
Oh yes the "rest of the world" is so sparsely populated :D

Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Britain, Chile, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, Nigeria, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, South Korea, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates and the United States.
I wonder what the spread per country this poll was? How many of these countries have a history of anti Americanism?

Yeah so not very convincing is it:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Alan

Honorary Master
I think Alan has a point with rampant envy, considering a lot of these people would jump at the chance to live in the US.
:D

I love Iran and hate the oppressive sick U.S but I'm moving to Florida
because I just love the sun and the surf ;)

:rolleyes:

JK8

Banned
Whether they are supporters of Al Qaeda is secondary to the fact that South Africa should insist that its nationals are not put on the UN list without the US showing clear reason.
They going to use that whole "war on terror" BS to overide any or all laws set by the UN unfortunatly. The only difference is SA and its citizens wont just sit quiet.

froggytoo

Banned
They going to use that whole "war on terror" BS to overide any or all laws set by the UN unfortunatly. The only difference is SA and its citizens wont just sit quiet.
Shame. So is this proof or not? Fabricated, for what reason? http://www.24.com/news/?p=tsa&i=400839
So what will JK8 and Kie do now, not sit quiet, .................? Look at the Americans tremble. OMW, What a dreamer!

nivek

Executive Member
'South Africans aided al-Qaeda'
26/01/2007 21:29 - (SA)

Washington - The United States (US) treasury department named two South African cousins as al-Qaeda financiers and facilitators, ordering a freeze on any US assets they may have and banning Americans from doing business with them.

The treasury, invoking an executive order used to combat terrorist financing and money laundering activities, said Farhad Ahmed Dockrat provided funds to a trust used by al-Qaeda, and his cousin, Junaid Ismail Dockrat, helped facilitate travel of South Africans to Pakistan for al-Qaeda training.

The action ends days of speculation about the two Muslim cousins after a South African foreign ministry spokesperson said Johannesburg was in talks with Washington about their being placed on a United Nations (UN) list of people with suspected al-Qaeda ties.

"This designation freezes the Dockrats out of the US financial system and notifies the international community of the dangerous conduct in which the Dockrats are engaged," said Adam Szubin, director of the treasury's office of foreign assets control, in a statement.

The treasury said Farhad Dockrat in 2001 provided more than R400 000 to the Taliban ambassador to Pakistan to be forwarded to al Akhtar Trust, an Afghanistan-based entity that the treasury previously designated as an al-Qaeda fund-raising arm.

It said Junaid Dockrat in 2004 worked via telephone and e-mail with the late al-Qaeda operations chief Abu Hamza Rabia to co-ordinate the travel of South Africans to Pakistan in order for them to train with al-Qaeda.

The treasury said Junaid Dockrat, who used the alias "Sniper Outdoor CC", also was responsible for raising $120 000 that Rabia received in the spring of 2004.
guess the dockrats are gonna spend some time at guantanamo :)

froggytoo

Banned
I am sure there is many more! Maybe even some on this forum could qualify. Lets see who suddenly disappears. :D

telkomsuig

Expert Member
lol SA is a little annoying spec on the world map don't kid yourself. Their international assets will be frozen according to the latest article and all other countries will just have to comply no matter how much the Muslim faction in government tries to protect these terrorists.

Skeptik

Banned
January 26, 2007
HP-230

Treasury Targets Al Qaida Facilitators in South Africa

The U.S. Department of the Treasury today moved to designate two South African individuals, Farhad Ahmed Dockrat and Junaid Ismail Dockrat, and a related entity for financing and facilitating al Qaida, pursuant to Executive Order 13224. This action freezes any assets the designees have under U.S. jurisdiction and prohibits transactions between U.S. persons and the designees.

"Today's action targets two family members that have supported al Qaida – one by providing funds to Al Akhtar Trust, a globally-recognized al Qaida fundraiser, and another by facilitating travel for individuals to train in al Qaida camps," said Adam Szubin, Director of Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). "This designation freezes the Dockrats out of the U.S. financial system and notifies the international community of the dangerous conduct in which the Dockrats are engaged."
The US Treasury release
http://www.ustreas.gov/press/releases/hp230.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

JK8

Banned
lol SA is a little annoying spec on the world map don't kid yourself. Their international assets will be frozen according to the latest article and all other countries will just have to comply no matter how much the Muslim faction in government tries to protect these terrorists.
They not terrorists!

Skeptik

Banned
They not terrorists!
Is that just a gut feeling JK8?
The USA is adamant that they are involved in sponsoring Al Quaeda. That's got to count for something.... I'm no fan of Bush and his conflicts, but I'm convinced this guy was up to no good. He's a dentist after all - who trusts them? ;)

nivek

Executive Member
well if they provide funs to al qaeda then they deserve to be on the list :)

Xarog

Honorary Master
Yeah, and we're just taking the US's word on this, right? Like we were supposed to take their word for it when they said Saddam had WMD, right? :rolleyes:

As Alan said, what happened to innocent until proven guilty? Suspecting someone of being a terrorist is not enough to permanently freeze their assets. Until there is a court case where the accused have a legitimate opportunity to defend themselves, any such action is unjustifiable for any country that claims to support justice and the rule of law.

JK8

Banned
well if they provide funs to al qaeda then they deserve to be on the list :)

What if they were sending relief money?
Blankets for those innocents people whos houses were blown up, food for those that are starving, medicine for those that are dieing???????

They not the type to fund terrorist groups.

Besides I still dont believe Alqueda exists, its a CIA bull**** organisation!

Natas

Expert Member
My question is, what it wrong with them supporting Al Queda?!?! I dont, but they do! Supporting Al Queda is EXACTLY the same as supporting America...there is absolutely no difference. The two parties are involved in a war, all is fair in love and war...Al Queda are fighting in the only way that makes sense. There is also nothing wrong with America blacklisting these guys....like i said....its a war and why should they care about two south africans that cant offer them much?!?!?! You however can't say that supporting Al Queda is "wrong"....why can america go to someone else's country and bomb people to death but Al Queda cant do it?!!?!? Its a war and irrespective of their beliefs or moral code neither party is right

Skeptik

Banned

What if they were sending relief money?
Blankets for those innocents people whos houses were blown up, food for those that are starving, medicine for those that are dieing???????

They not the type to fund terrorist groups.

Besides I still dont believe Alqueda exists, its a CIA bull**** organisation!
The dockRATS gave money to Al-Qaeda. You can buy a lot of Sentex with money:mad: If they wanted to donate humanitarian supplies, you would approach the Red Crescent/Cross would you not?

How do you know they are "not the type"??