US will help fund DFA fibre rollout study in South Africa

The Light Green Hornet

Are DFA and Vumatel not part of the same group?

On another note if only we had a gov broadband company which is supposed to be doing this, oh wait we do - Broadband Infraco

That's why the new poppie wants to combine Broadband Infraco, Telkom, BCX, Sentec and Sita into two 'new' entities, supposedly to optimize IT service delivery, but actually to hide the failure of these SOEs.

krycor

Honorary Master
There's no way US is going to drop free cash on a 'study'.
They going to be intercepting traffic or something.
Maybe they coming for the SA pirates. Arrrr

Tough one to predict.. US has many uh reasons, sometimes it’s indirect longer term play like pushing democracy forward by increasing access to information.. yay which is cheap for them to as you say business or intelligence related.

SA under Ramaphosa, contrary to many, has suddenly post covid started becoming very much a standout and I suspect there may be vested interests to not have another Zuma take stage or be aware of one while have chance to change it. Little to do with SA directly but more the fact that many companies are guilty and in this new era of exposure too many fingers pointing back.

Joseph matane

Are DFA and Vumatel not part of the same group?

On another note if only we had a gov broadband company which is supposed to be doing this, oh wait we do - Broadband Infraco

Yes I know DFA and Vumatel is owned/whatever by same parent company hence I mentioned "last mile connection by Vumareach"
About Broadband Infraco they hand picked certain municipalities under SA Connect to connect first so their infrastructure is way too limited, I asked about DFA because I noticed In North West they target small towns like Vryburg but no FTTH plan yet