[USA] Ex-Muslim Group Launches #AwesomeWithoutAllah Billboard Campaign

saturnz

Honorary Master
Nope, you the one that keeps on telling us stuff as an expert. Need to find out from you.

I think I can reference most of the stuff I say, so if you want me to reference something, you welcome to do so.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Read to comprehend not to reply.
I think you should take some of your own advice :)

But to explain for the lower grade, showing the light meant leaving christianity behind.

And thanks for the suggestion as to when and where I can reply, but I think I will choose my own path..

Splinter

Honorary Master
I think I can reference most of the stuff I say, so if you want me to reference something, you welcome to do so.
You think you can. Of course, are not many of your references grossly unreliable translations?

surface

Executive Member
My mind was changed by arguing on this forum many years ago.
About religion? you are an exception
I am sure he doesn't mean solely on this forum but every little hit helps a bit. ;) You read up something here or watch something on youtube and then get outraged (my scripture can't be like this etc..). Then, one goes to read up further... etc.. it is generally a very slow process over generally a long period of time spanning years. Making a decision on one's own is good. [Although the blessed ones would argue decision was made by their version of almighty by putting them in a specific geographical location & family and who better to make decision than the their mightiest TugChinQwaEus]

Argument is not to convince a hard-core one that consider themselves blessed by their version of almighty. It is to gently put a different point across (that has been put in many channels) and who knows hey. :thumbsup:

EADC

Executive Member
I think you should take some of your own advice :)

But to explain for the lower grade, showing the light meant leaving christianity behind.

And thanks for the suggestion as to when and where I can reply, but I think I will choose my own path..
Irrelevant as ever. Read to comprehend not reply.

saturnz

Honorary Master
"free" what does that mean, paying 40% of your income as tax, having to spend the best years of your life slaving away in an environment that is far from democratic while your wages is eroded through complicated financial engineering

she has just chosen one slave master over another

Splinter

Honorary Master
...read on their own, you missed that part didn't you
LOL. Seems I did. can you refernce it for me?

And by the way. What is read on their own and are grossly unreliable, are still so when compiled together :)

saturnz

Honorary Master
LOL. Seems I did. can you refernce it for me?

And by the way. What is read on their own and are grossly unreliable, are still so when compiled together :)
so lets look at FrankCastle and his assertion that the injeel means the bible, he has asserted for the past few days from translations that the words used in the translations refer to the bible, however there is a whole wikipage dedicated to what the word means within the context of the Islamic discourse

that is the danger of simply looking at translations, I'm not sure what you are on about with respect to compilations

JimmyRott

Expert Member
About religion? you are an exception
Yes, and I do not believe that I am an exception. It probably appears that way to you due to the fact that the people shouting loudest on both sides are usually pretty rabid and dogmatic, but in between there are posters that make sense and produce thought provoking arguments.

I remember back when it happened for my I spent a lot of time in PD reading arguments from a guy called cyghost and one or two others. I think techne (or at least someone similar) was also around. I started trying to argue with atheists and then at some point I realised that I'm probably wrong. This for me at least took the form of a proper evaluation of the theory of evolution and the implications for my fundamentalist beliefs. This led me to change my mind.

This is not an unusual pattern for people that haven't been exposed to basics of science and belief, but have been indoctrinated from a young age. And while I agree that it's often unlikely for someone to change the beliefs of the people they are arguing with on the internet, there are people lurking in the shadows that are definitely changing there mind. I would think saturnz posts in this thread may be a good catalyst for muslims that are on the edge to see the mental gymnastics he has to perform in order to defend a position that is logically incoherent. And it may lead to them actually reconsidering their position.

JimmyRott

Expert Member
I am sure he doesn't mean solely on this forum but every little hit helps a bit. ;) You read up something here or watch something on youtube and then get outraged (my scripture can't be like this etc..). Then, one goes to read up further... etc.. it is generally a very slow process over generally a long period of time spanning years. Making a decision on one's own is good. [Although the blessed ones would argue decision was made by their version of almighty by putting them in a specific geographical location & family and who better to make decision than the their mightiest TugChinQwaEus]

Argument is not to convince a hard-core one that consider themselves blessed by their version of almighty. It is to gently put a different point across (that has been put in many channels) and who knows hey. :thumbsup:
It was not solely on this forum, but this forum played a massive part. Most of the sources and reading I did came from links posted here and the rabbit holes those links took me down.

surface

Executive Member
Come on, post the results of your shopping search, .........you'll find it quite amusing.
:unsure: It brings up those t-shirts as it should? in amazon.in, it doesn't bring up any of those T-shirts, which is understandable considering 170 million of muslims in India.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
If Muhammed didn't kill anyone for apostasy, then I would suggest modern muslims have a problem.

I repeat, Islamic countries is like halaal bacon, at best they can be described as countries with muslim majorities.
And in order to find true Islam and good muslims you have to go to muslim minority countries, that have a democracy and no sharia law like the US, UK, SA etc.
And guess what happens when they become the majority?