[USA] Ex-Muslim Group Launches #AwesomeWithoutAllah Billboard Campaign

surface

Executive Member
And in order to find true Islam and good muslims you have to go to muslim minority countries, that have a democracy and no sharia law like the US, UK, SA etc.
And guess what happens when they become the majority?
What are you talking about? Majority of muslims are good ones - don't you find them in South africa as well - just like any other community has good people? I think you are getting confused between ideology & people. People are good everywhere despite following a horrible ideology; because they don't really follow their ideology to the letter even if they "think" they do.

saturnz

Honorary Master
I think you are getting confused between ideology & people. People are good despite following a horrible ideology.
whether the ideology is horrible or not is irrelevant to the point, these people are going against the ideology

surface

Executive Member
I have worn a few dodgy shirts in my time but don't think I'd have the balls to own that shirt.

I'm one of those guys who always gets asked "WTF do you mean by that shirt ?"
You are in the majority. This is their attempt to normalize it. One needs to remember that most of this is happening in US and Canada. This is not likely to reach SA anytime soon.

TysonRoux

Executive Member
You are in the majority. This is their attempt to normalize it. One needs to remember that most of this is happening in US and Canada. This is not likely to reach SA anytime soon.

Countries where the ex-muslims are at a lower risk from the jihadis.

Splinter

Honorary Master
"free" what does that mean, paying 40% of your income as tax, having to spend the best years of your life slaving away in an environment that is far from democratic while your wages is eroded through complicated financial engineering

she has just chosen one slave master over another
Oy vey. Comparing a democratic system of taxation and world wide economic reality to despotic religious machinations. Yep, that's comparing apples to apples :whistling:

Splinter

Honorary Master
so lets look at FrankCastle and his assertion that the injeel means the bible, he has asserted for the past few days from translations that the words used in the translations refer to the bible, however there is a whole wikipage dedicated to what the word means within the context of the Islamic discourse

that is the danger of simply looking at translations, I'm not sure what you are on about with respect to compilations
No my friend, you said translations were "grossly unreliable". End of.

I subsequently asked you a number of times about non arabic-speaking people relying on translations of the quran. You refused to answer. Making up this fluff now is irrelevant.

But also funny :)

Splinter

Honorary Master
I would think saturnz posts in this thread may be a good catalyst for muslims that are on the edge to see the mental gymnastics he has to perform in order to defend a position that is logically incoherent. And it may lead to them actually reconsidering their position.
Well said. Like I said before, he does not realise the damage he does to his own faith while actually trying to defend it.

TysonRoux

Executive Member
This is not an unusual pattern for people that haven't been exposed to basics of science and belief, but have been indoctrinated from a young age.
That is one of islams most powerful tools, and movements like #awesomewithoutallah are making headway in spite of that.
And while I agree that it's often unlikely for someone to change the beliefs of the people they are arguing with on the internet, there are people lurking in the shadows that are definitely changing there mind. I would think saturnz posts in this thread may be a good catalyst for muslims that are on the edge to see the mental gymnastics he has to perform in order to defend a position that is logically incoherent. And it may lead to them actually reconsidering their position.
Nail on head - these resident jihadis behave the same when news breaks of an islamic terrorist attack on innocent civilians.

surface

Executive Member
LOL , .......impossible.

Part of the problem is the indoctrination which starts when children are very young.
I meant the "metaphorical" part - any religious person would understand metaphorical substrate mumbo-jumbo. ;)

surface

Executive Member
That is one of islams most powerful tools, and movements like #awesomewithoutallah are making headway in spite of that.
All religions do that surely, why to single out Islam? They probably have more nutters that we seem to see but have you been to certain South of USA?

FrankCastle

Executive Member
What are you talking about? Majority of muslims are good ones - don't you find them in South africa as well - just like any other community has good people? I think you are getting confused between ideology & people. People are good everywhere despite following a horrible ideology; because they don't really follow their ideology to the letter even if they "think" they do.
Mr Saturn is trying to imply that the fact theyre muslim majority has nothing to do with their ideology. We dont dispute that muslims are good people in the minority but in the majority you can bet your bottom dollar they will demand shariah law for all. Now, is that a good or a bad thing?

FrankCastle

Executive Member
strawman, atleast we both agree that these muslims practice usury, and its institutionalised in the constitutions of these countries
They'll happily pay the interest instead of being subjected to human rights abuses in the name of Islam and Sharia.

saturnz

Honorary Master
Well said. Like I said before, he does not realise the damage he does to his own faith while actually trying to defend it.

I'm not defending the faith, thats an entirely different discussion, this is simply about looking at verifying the facts.