[USA] Ex-Muslim Group Launches #AwesomeWithoutAllah Billboard Campaign

surface

Executive Member
Mr Saturn is trying to imply that the fact theyre muslim majority has nothing to do with their ideology. We dont dispute that muslims are good people in the minority but in the majority you can bet your bottom dollar they will demand shariah law for all. Now, is that a good or a bad thing?
He is right. Majority of muslims do not follow Quran - it is same as majority of christians do not follow bible. And so on for all religions. This is not to say all religions are equal proponents of violence "at this point of history". Sam harris makes a good point about "at this point"

Splinter

Honorary Master
I'm not defending the faith, thats an entirely different discussion, this is simply about looking at verifying the facts.
Oh my gawsh, look at you changing things again :)

I think no one here believes that you do not desperately try and defend your faith.

But let's put it to the test. Does ANYONE here think that saturnz is not trying to defend his faith?

surface

Executive Member
Well said. Like I said before, he does not realise the damage he does to his own faith while actually trying to defend it.
Even if he realizes it, would he admit in a public forum such as this? Trying to defend his faith is entirely normal response - you are trying to attack his reasons of existence.

surface

Executive Member
But let's put it to the test. Does ANYONE here think that saturnz is not trying to defend his faith?
Aren't you trying to use his criteria when you try to get votes i.e. 1.7 billions can't be wrong/violent/etc?

saturnz

Honorary Master

I think no one here believes that you do not desperately try and defend your faith.

you going to accept subjective opinion now, rather desperate, lets look at the facts

someone in the beginning on this thread made the statement that apostasy results in the penalty of death for the person by their family, must I just accept that as fact?

Splinter

Honorary Master
Even if he realizes it, would he admit in a public forum such as this? Trying to defend his faith is entirely normal response - you are trying to attack his reasons of existence.
I don't think he would admit anything, based on past experience. And how can I "attack" his omnipotent god? Why should he try and defend it? After all, if he is right, justice will come my way after death.

So he can chelax and study translations of the quran.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Aren't you trying to use his criteria when you try to get votes i.e. 1.7 billions can't be wrong/violent/etc?
Nope. This is not a vote. I'm just asking for one segment of a potential population to respond. Besides, it's fun :)

surface

Executive Member
Nope. This is not a vote. I'm just asking for one segment of a potential population to respond. Besides, it's fun :)
Come on - muslims on this forum are a minority just like they are in SA. What response are you expecting? And religious ones are going to deflect/deviate/metaphorise everything in their scripture. If they cannot do this, they have to leave their religion - that is huge step.

Splinter

Honorary Master
you going to accept subjective opinion now, rather desperate, lets look at the facts

someone in the beginning on this thread made the statement that apostasy results in the penalty of death for the person by their family, must I just accept that as fact?
So I must only accept your opinion that you are not defending your faith then?

And you have refused to accept many sources offered to you as facts. These facts are within the context of talking about poorly recorded events many hundreds of years ago.

So yes, you should accept as fact. The fact that you haven't done so is great evidence that you are indeed defending your faith, and not representing facts as you state.

surface

Executive Member
Let me repe - no honest ones.
huh?
My bad. A bit of hasty typing there.

Which religion is based on real god? If you find that religion then you will expect honest answers from people that follow that religion.

saturnz

Honorary Master
So I must only accept your opinion that you are not defending your faith then?
notice how you continue to ignore simple facts

the issue is about apostasy, statements of fact were made, if they are wrong, should I just let it be?

and didn't you expect me to accept you as the judge of whether I tell the truth or not?

dj2381

Expert Member

I would be surprised if he wasn't trying to defend his religion, I can't see how anyone would carry on for 20 pages if they weren't.

TysonRoux

Executive Member
Which religion is based on real god? If you find that religion then you will expect honest answers from people that follow that religion.
All religions do that surely, why to single out Islam? They probably have more nutters that we seem to see but have you been to certain South of USA?
Salman Rushdie says all religions have their extremists but "the overwhelming weight of the problem lies in the world of Islam"

He said: "A word I dislike greatly, 'Islamophobia', has been coined to discredit those who point at these excesses, by labelling them as bigots. But in the first place, if I don't like your ideas, it must be acceptable for me to say so, just as it is acceptable for you to say that you don't like mine. Ideas cannot be ring-fenced just because they claim to have this or that fictional sky god on their side.

surface

Executive Member
Salman Rushdie says all religions have their extremists but "the overwhelming weight of the problem lies in the world of Islam"

He said: "A word I dislike greatly, 'Islamophobia', has been coined to discredit those who point at these excesses, by labelling them as bigots. But in the first place, if I don't like your ideas, it must be acceptable for me to say so, just as it is acceptable for you to say that you don't like mine. Ideas cannot be ring-fenced just because they claim to have this or that fictional sky god on their side.
I agree in part. I think word probably coined by maajid nawaz is more correct. Muslim-phobia is correct word to describe it. There is no thing such as Islamophobia. If I criticize ANC severely and make extreme fun of its policy implementation, do I become ANC-phobic? I have really nothing against ANC members - they just follow the ideology of their party.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
He is right. Majority of muslims do not follow Quran - it is same as majority of christians do not follow bible. And so on for all religions. This is not to say all religions are equal proponents of violence "at this point of history". Sam harris makes a good point about "at this point"
Wild assumption.
You have to clarify "follow koran". How many muslims adhere to the 5 basic principles? Id say most.
If you say most dont read it to actually understand you're spot on.