[USA] Ex-Muslim Group Launches #AwesomeWithoutAllah Billboard Campaign

saturnz

Honorary Master
Look who's making things up now :laugh:

But, please sir, kindly show me where this "ad hominem attack" occurred.

the topic is about apostasy, remind me again what questions you asked that relate to the topic?

you want me to quote the posts I made that directly relate to the topic?

Splinter

Honorary Master
the topic is about apostasy, remind me again what questions you asked that relate to the topic?

you want me to quote the posts I made that directly relate to the topic?
Ah, now we are doing everything to avoid the question at hand hey :)

But, to show you how to answer a question directly, let me answer yours.

My question is pertinent because part of this debate about apostasy, is what the prescribed punishment is for it in Islam. Which led to interpretations or translations of the quran. Which, as per your very own post, are "grossly unreliable".

This then opens up an extremely interesting direction with this topic. If muslims themselves cannot speak arabic, and thus are reading translations, how can they argue about apostasy in any secure or accurate manner? No matter which side of the debate they may lie on.

Last edited:

TysonRoux

Executive Member
Look who's making things up now :laugh:

But, please sir, kindly show me where this "ad hominem attack" occurred.

My assumption of you not being able talk arabic is based on logical grounds, such as :

1) you refusing to answer a very simple question
2) your observed and consistent behaviour where you deflect, obfuscate and generally display disingenuous conduct
Won't be long and you'll be branded an islamaphobe.

Accusations of 'Islamophobia' are being levelled at anyone who dares to speak out against the "hate-filled rhetoric" of Islamic fanaticism, Salman Rushdie has claimed in a speech condemning Isil and "this new age of religious mayhem".

saturnz

Honorary Master
Ah, now we are doing everything to avoid the question at hand hey :)

But, to show you how to answer a question directly, let me answer yours.

My question is pertinent because part of this debate about apostasy is what the prescribed punishment is for it in Islam. Which led to interpretations or translations of the quran. Which, as per your very own post, are "grossly unreliable".

This then opens up an extremely interesting direction with this topic. If muslims themselves cannot speak arabic, and thus are reading translations, how can they argue about apostasy in any secure or accurate manner? No matter which side of the debate they may lie on.
you can assume the answer

Splinter

Honorary Master
what were you saying about ad hominen again?
Well, for one you still have not been able to support your first accusation of an ad hominem.

And now you try and play victim again. However, my statement was pretty factual based on the posts in this thread. You are welcome to argue differently of course. In fact, I look forward to anything tangible in your replies.

saturnz

Honorary Master
Well, for one you still have not been able to support your first accusation of an ad hominem.

And now you try and play victim again. However, my statement was pretty factual based on the posts in this thread. You are welcome to argue differently of course. In fact, I look forward to anything tangible in your replies.
well if its factual then theres nothing further to say then

ggwp

saturnz

Honorary Master
You.
Post #140 and even worse you quoted your own derailment.
you welcome to speak to the issue, I posted a reference with respect to how early muslims dealt with those who left Islam, are you going to reject it?

EADC

Executive Member
People have been arguing for thousands of years over religion your argument on a forum will not change anyone's mind.

It is fun for time wasting but in the end it is futile.

saturnz

Honorary Master
People have been arguing for thousands of years over religion your argument on a forum will not change anyone's mind.

It is fun for time wasting but in the end it is futile.
but according to Splinter you are wrong, and he must be right, because assumptions