nDdKING

Yes, used my own router before the installer came.
I can't remember if I ever tried the Microtik, unfortunately I don't have a 3rd router to test with.
on openserve you can change routers whenever. vumatel locks their authentication to the mac address of the first router connected, so to change routers you need to clone the mac address, or ask vuma to reset the lock
What Mister said.

TriumphTalk

So this explains why I cannot get my Asus router working with VOX, they coming next week to install their router but I think I need to cancel now and find another ISP.

mynaamisleon

Hi

I found this thread in a roundabout way, which may explain this peculiar experience with your ISP:

My dad just got a quote for fibre through a local ISP in Bloemfontein (the line is provided by frogfoot) and they quoted a mikrotik router on top of the provided wifi router. This is apparently optional and was explained as a device that could be used by the ISP to detect and fix certain faults which they could themselves fix (as opposed to forwarding fault reports to frogfoot which has a turn around time of 72 hours).

Obviously that made my spider senses tingle, and I looked up this "device" - my net investigation yielded this Zima, an ISP management tool which seems to mainly offer bandwidth management monitoring functionality (and very little "fault detection" - I will, to be fair, assume that falls under the monitoring part). It also led me to this thread - i.e. through them using Microtik (which runs RouterOS - which software like Zima depend on) routers specifically. This may thus explain your situation.

As it seems optional, I'll just advise my dad to decline the offer of the device (adds like 400 bucks).

MarisaI

Just did this now in 2021 :-( can't be waiting XX days for a router geez!
Thanks Steps Perfect

Cryptonomics

Just did this now in 2021 :-( can't be waiting XX days for a router geez!
Thanks Steps Perfect
hi,
So i want to try this as i also cant wait many days for router to arrive, do you need login details for this to work?