Use of old South African flag in avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
The Commission appreciates the Court’s considered findings and urges all within South Africa to observe this judgement in the fostering of social cohesion.

The Commission is therefore deeply disturbed by expressions, mostly via social media, in clear violation of this court judgement, which found the gratuitous display of the Old Flag as hate speech.

The SAHRC calls on all South Africans to observe, respect and uphold the rule of law. The Commission will therefore take all necessary steps to ensure the enforcement of this judgement, in preserving South Africa’s delicate social cohesion and the protection of the freedom, dignity and equality of all within South Africa.

saor

Honorary Master
The same can be said then for people with opposing views. You don't like it so they should be removed? Left should get the right removed and the likes. Damn must be boring then
A viewpoint has context.
An avatar doesn't.

You were the one suggesting full avatar removal.
I'd rather keep them and let mods use discretion where necessary.

gamer16

Honorary Master
A viewpoint has context.
An avatar doesn't.

You were the one suggesting full avatar removal.
Agreed.

To think you are the same man who's signature was once "Soar is a dumbass"

Pitbull

Verboten
No issue with that, but unless it's against the law I don't see no reason to remove it. If it's illegal I can agree. I mean we're not allowed to use Naked women as profile pictures... It's not Law really, but very distasteful and I guess against the rules of the forum. But the flag is none of it. Not the way it's being displayed.

And if I'm 100% honest, it's probably just a knee jerk reaction to the ruling yesterday. If we leave it, it will die down by itself. But alas, we create threads and complain about our feels. Making it just so much more relevant for them to keep it.

gamer16

Honorary Master
No issue with that, but unless it's against the law I don't see no reason to remove it. If it's illegal I can agree. I mean we're not allowed to use Naked women as profile pictures... It's not Law really, but very distasteful and I guess against the rules of the forum. But the flag is none of it. Not the way it's being displayed.

And if I'm 100% honest, it's probably just a knee jerk reaction to the ruling yesterday. If we leave it, it will die down by itself. But alas, we create threads and complain about our feels. Making it just so much more relevant for them to keep it.
Hmmm perhaps its the same as someone on a Nissan GTR forum having a Datsun as his avatar.

Pitbull

Verboten
Hmmm perhaps its the same as someone on a Nissan GTR forum having a Datsun as his avatar.
Nissan, Datsun. Same thing.

I actually refer to my friend's GTR as a Datsun. He doesn't mind. I must however not call it a Skyline, that sends his mood to pissed off pretty quickly :D

MEIOT

Expert Member
If only that was true, we would not have the "Current" environment in SA. But alas...

It's because of people like you, who didn't care about black people in SA back then, that we have what we have now... Your surname Verwoerd?
You miss the point. History is not meant to be dwelt upon, it's meant to be learned from.
My name and surname couldn't be further associated with anything from the apartheid regime nor could my views on it.
I don't have to make up silly stories though to make myself feel better as some are so damn prone to doing.

Pitbull

Verboten
You miss the point. History is not meant to dwelt upon, it's meant to be learned from.
My name and surname couldn't be further associated with anything from the apartheid regime nor could my views on it.
I don't have to make up silly stories though to make myself feel better as some are so damn prone to doing.
I have nothing to do with the stories you are referring to. Nor have I made reference to it in my discussion with you. You know how to follow a conversation right?

MEIOT

Expert Member
Hypocrisy is strong with @MEIOT
The guy made some silly claims about him being too white at 17 years of age to find a job in 1993.
I pointed out the absurdity of his story, not his past.
Couldn't give a shite about his past and his pathetic excuses to justify his mediocre life.
The guy blames everything but himself for his inadequacies - I felt compelled to point it out.
It's always nice exposing idiots and their idiotic excuses :giggle:

gamer16

Honorary Master
Nissan, Datsun. Same thing.

I actually refer to my friend's GTR as a Datsun. He doesn't mind. I must however not call it a Skyline, that sends his mood to pissed off pretty quickly :D
Haha yeah the GTR simply isn't good enough to qualify as a Skyline.

Cray

Honorary Master
His response:

"Kyk hier, FOK JOU!" :D
This whole thread was a dumpster fire until I read this exchange, classic :ROFL:

Anyway, didn't someone have an avatar with a Swastika a few weeks back? Not sure if he got banned or the avatar did..

gamer16

Honorary Master
This whole thread was a dumpster fire until I read this exchange, classic :ROFL:

Anyway, didn't someone have an avatar with a Swastika a few weeks back? Not sure if he got banned or the avatar did..
Which do you think will cause more outrage here, the Swastika or the AWB 777

Pitbull

Verboten

I think he got banned, doubt Avatar hat anything to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.