Use of old South African flag in avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
It's a dude who put his live at risk for his country back then.
Some folks inherit star spangled eyes
Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord
And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"
Ooh, they only answer "More! More! More!"

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no military son, son

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The Equality Court is on a Slippery Slope fast reaching the precipice where it will slide into active persecution of minorities.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Wont stop me, just wont wear it in pulic or plakkerskampe.
Well, the Judge, unfortunately, ruled in such a way that a visitor to your home is now "empowered" to go and lay a charge because he was offended by your "tee-shirt" when he knocked on your door to ask for a drink of water.

HunterNW

Executive Member
<------- This avatar is in remembrance of the boys in brown, the fcked up court judge and plenty of us here's history.
I'll change it tomorrow. Suck it up.

Aquila ka Hecate

Expert Member
At the end of the day people will complain, that flag has a lot of meaning to a lot of people, it was a great country at that time for a whole bucket load of reasons, but this is not taken into account, all that people care about is a little bit of discomfort that some suffered.

But I'll still hang the flag if I want, I'll wear a shirt with it on, I'll set it as a wallpaper and I'll look at it proudly knowing all the great things that were achieved. The remainder will look and complain as they have nothing to be proud of as they have done nothing as mostly they are part of noting with no achievements, but yeah, jealousy makes you nasty.
Seriously? o_O

lowriderza

Expert Member
It's just me but I've grown so wary of patriotism. Seems like a good way to control large groups of people. I also think one shouldn't be too quick to claim the victories of our forefathers, because we won't be as quick to claim their defeats.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Well, the Judge, unfortunately, ruled in such a way that a visitor to your home is now "empowered" to go and lay a charge because he was offended by your "tee-shirt" when he knocked on your door to ask for a drink of water.
Then I'll have bliksem the visitor, won't I.

cyberghost47

It's just me but I've grown so wary of patriotism. Seems like a good way to control large groups of people. I also think one shouldn't be too quick to claim the victories of our forefathers, because we won't be as quick to claim their defeats.
Some folks have been piggybacking on the defeats of their forefathers for the last 20 years.

Cius

Executive Member
It is a little NSFW though. In an open office browsing a forum is fairly common but if my co-workers see me browsing a forum filled with old SA flags they may get the wrong idea. So while I respect the push back on how ridiculous the argument is I would prefer if people don't use it as an avatar. Otherwise I seem to recall you can block avatars somewhere in the settings, pity it has to be everyone though. Don't want to block individuals instead as I am not against the statement being made that we should not ban something for the bad that was associated with it when there was also a lot of good.

HunterNW

Executive Member
It is a little NSFW though. In an open office browsing a forum is fairly common but if my co-workers see me browsing a forum filled with old SA flags they may get the wrong idea. So while I respect the push back on how ridiculous the argument is I would prefer if people don't use it as an avatar. Otherwise I seem to recall you can block avatars somewhere in the settings, pity it has to be everyone though. Don't want to block individuals instead as I am not against the statement being made that we should not ban something for the bad that was associated with it when there was also a lot of good.
Ride it out for one day - or that too long ?

lowriderza

Expert Member
Some folks have been piggybacking on the defeats of their forefathers for the last 20 years.
And that's not right either. A person should have the right to be their own person? Or to at least be given the opportunity to prove themselves.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Sorry I missed the bit where that is our problem.

Cius

Executive Member
Sorry I missed the bit where that is our problem.
I thought the way I put it was fairly polite and would represent a problem a large portion of the community would also be experiencing. It was a friendly request to think of others, apologies if that offends you. I do find your response a bit antisocial and rude, which is not usually the style of this forum. Anyways, to each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.