Use of old South African flag in avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I haven't seen the avatar anywhere.

People must be on my ignore list already.

EADC

Expert Member
If it was just a flag no one would have them as Avatars but here we are.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Indeed. No proof whatsoever folks were eating fishhooks and glass. I'm curious as to where these fantasies of yours stem from if there's no proof.

And why fishhooks? Seems so random :laugh:
They didn’t. Same as the Day of the Vow. Never happened but was used as propaganda to galvanise the people.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Those who now going and putting the flag wherever they can are simply trolling, nothing more.

Troll away, I say, and take personal responsibility for your trolling. Just don't fsck it up for everyone who's not on your trollwagon. The last thing I want is this forum and website to become the focus of local Leftards who are looking for some recreational outrage.

Pitbull

Verboten
He has a reason for doing so, he clarified it in his post.

He's not just doing it because. Which means it's not gratuitous is it? Maybe my understanding of it is wrong. I don't think he's doing it to annoy anyone.
But that is the part of the ruling that's the problem. And the reason it's being appealed.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Personally I don't give 2 craps about the old flag, however I am gravely concerned about the path this government and/or judiciary is taking in censoring and banning symbols and words. First Vicky Momberg, now this. The very idea that you could go to jail for saying a word or displaying a flag makes us no better than all the other banana republic dictatorships out there. Make no mistake, I don't agree with what Vicky Momberg did, and I certainly don't want a return to the old government or apartheid, but banning things is a slippery slope to censorship and repression.

Pitbull

Verboten
Change it to this one:

And we'll let you know.

I mean that's a fair comparison to the old SA flag.
This actually got me thinking.

Even if I do add a swastika to my profile picture, nothing you can say or so about it. It's not against any law in SA...

MEIOT

Expert Member
To be fair, it worked.
Clearly - morons still walking around believing an alternate history of their people.

Goddamn eating fishhooks. :laugh: :laugh:. Now I just want that to be factually correct. What a let down.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Personally I don't give 2 craps about the old flag, however I am gravely concerned about the path this government and/or judiciary is taking in censoring and banning symbols and words. First Vicky Momberg, now this. The very idea that you could go to jail for saying a word or displaying a flag makes us no better than all the other banana republic dictatorships out there. Make no mistake, I don't agree with what Vicky Momberg did, and I certainly don't want a return to the old government or apartheid, but banning things is a slippery slope to censorship and repression.
+1

Just going to get worse and worse.

Magnum

Expert Member
Some folks inherit star spangled eyes
Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord
And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"
Ooh, they only answer "More! More! More!"

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no military son, son
I aint no military. Military is union. Respect, Following orders and laws for honorary warefare.

I am no millatary guy. I follow no orders, I do not respect my enemy. I am there soley for his toture and agonizing death. Please don't make me become that guy.

Pitbull

Verboten
Those who now going and putting the flag wherever they can are simply trolling, nothing more.

Troll away, I say, and take personal responsibility for your trolling. Just don't fsck it up for everyone who's not on your trollwagon. The last thing I want is this forum and website to become the focus of local Leftards who are looking for some recreational outrage.
A simple ignore would remove them from your display completely. Problem solved.

mattrudlles

I'm not defending their atrocities, I just don't like that I am not allowed to be proud of something, especially now that its illegal, what's worse is the whole story is never taken into account and even worse than that you cannot mention a single good thing they did doesn't matter what it is or what good it did people will still be offended by even that.
I agree that it shouldn't be made illegal to display the flag. But is it honestly the right thing to do by wearing it publicly? These are your private memories, what do they have to do with everyone else?

Magnum

Expert Member
Indeed. No proof whatsoever folks were eating fishhooks and glass. I'm curious as to where these fantasies of yours stem from if there's no proof.

And why fishhooks? Seems so random :laugh:
My great granmother was in the camps. She sieved through the food to remove the hooks and glass shards. She lived long enough to tell what happened in the camps.

MEIOT

Expert Member
My great granmother was in the camps. She sieved through the food to remove the hooks and glass shards. She lived long enough to tell what happened in the camps.
Nope. I don't believe that for a second. Old people and their silly tales. Young people and their gullible stupidy. Terrible combination. One more thing amongst a plethora of others as to why the world is going to shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.