Use of old South African flag in avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEIOT

Expert Member
It makes me very mad that I am not allowed to work because my skin is white.
And the way you phrase is it is just beyond ridiculous

"not allowed to work"
Take some ownership for your own destiny buddy.

WTF!

MEIOT

Expert Member
@MEIOT you're being a prick again.
If stating facts and pointing out flaws in peoples logic is being a prick - then I guess I'm a prick. Not going to apologize for it though, if that's what you're holding your breath for

Magnum

Expert Member
I'm white, with no tertiary education in a job that more than requires it and I'm only 25 years old. Using your skin as an excuse is pathetic.
When you submit CV after CV. interview after interview getting told you don't meet the criteria, Come see me again. I think now specializing in a field where no to very few none whities can excel is a pretty good way of securing a job. We only 3 now studying advanced electronics. And there quite a few open post advertised that does not get filled.

s0lar

If stating facts and pointing out flaws in people logic is being a prick - then I guess I'm a prick. Not going to apologize for it though, if that's what you're holding your breath for
If that makes you feel better about yourself, then by all means. You must be one of them 10x engineers?

Pitbull

Verboten
And the way you phrase is it is just beyond ridiculous

"not allowed to work"
Take some ownership for your own destiny buddy.

WTF!
Wonder if you would have said that to the Black people in Apartheid? :D

Geesus, no wonder the left are having mental breakdowns, the hypocrisy is insane :D

gamer16

Honorary Master
When you submit CV after CV. interview after interview getting told you don't meet the criteria, Come see me again. I think now specializing in a field where no to very few none whities can excel is a pretty good way of securing a job. We only 3 now studying advanced electronics. And there quite a few open post advertised that does not get filled.
There is this thing one does, you apply for a job right down at the bottom, work yourself up, make yourself wanted and go from there.

What positions were you applying for? Are you certified and do you have experience?

Pitbull

Verboten
Or see jobs online and it says AA only.

Or you want to apply for a promotion only to read (AA only). Having your juniors leapfrogging you just because they are AA. I have had my fair share. Determination won in the end and I'm growing fine. But there are unnecessary hurdles which should not be there to begin with.

MEIOT

Expert Member
If that makes you feel better about yourself, then by all means. You must be one of them 10x engineers?
What in the world are you on about?
You've been smoking your socks against.
Lay off that shite - makes you dumb

s0lar

There is this thing one does, you apply for a job right down at the bottom, work yourself up, make yourself wanted and go from there.
Totally, that's how 95% of us started. After 2-3 years salary starts flying upwards.

gamer16

Honorary Master

Or you want to apply for a promotion only to read (AA only). Having your juniors leapfrogging you just because they are AA. I have had my fair share. Determination won in the end and I'm growing fine. But there are unnecessary hurdles which should not be there to begin with.
Indeed, they really shouldn't be there, however, sitting on your arse living with mum and dad shouting AA is keeping you from getting a job is horse shite and pathetic.

Magnum

Expert Member

Yeah I exceed my Area manger in qualifications, I have a nice paying job. But could be 5X better for what I have studied. I hate Joburg traffic though, I could make the move tomorrow if really needed.

MEIOT

Expert Member
I didn't get interviews. Think Magnum made a grammar mistake. Did get a couple of letters back stating i dont meet the 80% of people they are looking for.
I call bullshite.

In 1993 you were 17 years old. At 17 years old you didn't meet the criterion on 99% of any jobs out there.
Nice story though.

Time for you and the folks like you, of which there are so goddamn many, to stop making excuses for their mediocrity, and do something positive about it.

Making oneself employable is a start.

s0lar

Yeah I exceed my Area manger in qualifications, I have a nice paying job. But could be 5X better for what I have studied. I hate Joburg traffic though, I could make the move tomorrow if really needed.
I am guessing you don't exceed your area manager in work experience. Experience trumps qualification, qualifications are door openers. That is it.

MEIOT

Expert Member
You are one confused person - you just said you aren't allowed to work because of the color of your skin, yet you have a "nice paying job"

WTF ! Just enjoy playing that victim card so much ...No?

See - now you just make yourself look like a dumbass. Hope you're happy :)
I'm guessing those 18 interviews was all in your imagination as well right?

Magnum

Expert Member
You are one confused person - you just said you aren't allowed to work because of the color of your skin, yet you have a "nice paying job"

I nowhere said I was unemployed right now. I said that I had so many declines because I am white. Advancement is an issue because I am white.

gamer16

Honorary Master
I nowhere said I was unemployed right now. I said that I had so many declines because I am white. Advancement is an issue because I am white.
Are you sure? Is it not just that you perhaps aren't as good as you think you are?

Pitbull

Verboten

See - now you just make yourself look like a dumbass. Hope you're happy :)
I'm guessing those 18 interviews was all in your imagination as well right?
Maybe answer my posts to you and stop hammering about silly little posts.

Your hypocrisy is astounding! I'm wondering how you actually make it out of bed every day :D

MEIOT

Expert Member
"No the real world is me losing my mind and killing 90% of SA's population thinking I will have a better chance of getting work. With me being excluded and all. Even though I am a millennial and have nothing to do with Apartheid.

Jip did 18 interviews. were told my skin is white and I am not allowed to apply.

It makes me very mad that I am not allowed to work because my skin is white."

All your words - all in the present tense. You're familiar with tenses, right?
Stop playing the victim already. It's pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.