Used Car Warranty Claims History

Rom832

Good day all,

I am looking to buy a used car, which has had warranty claims. How worried should I be about the claims? I may have the misunderstanding that buying a car with warranty claims is a no-no, but I need clarification. The warranty claim items for the car in question include: 15k, 30k, 45k km service, brake pads, wiper blades and coolant pump. Although the warranty has expired already, should I be concerned about purchasing the car considering the claims or not?

Thanks

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Depends on the cars, some cars has flaws in early production runs that gets fixed.

Some warranty claims are ok, you don't want to see early engine or transmissions replacements. The engine should not need to be tampered with before 100k.

Rom832

Depends on the cars, some cars has flaws in early production runs that gets fixed.

Some warranty claims are ok, you don't want to see early engine or transmissions replacements. The engine should not need to be tampered with before 100k.

Great, thanks.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Why? At least you know they were fixed, my Cruze had two warranty claims, the speed sensor on the gear box was known to have a fault, they stupidely replaced the whole gearbox, not gonna complain.
The negative cable from the battery was too thin and would eventually cause endless electronic issues, they replaced a few other electronics before that, also not gonna complain.
My wife's old Spark had it's clutch replaced under warranty, but it was a recall event though.