Useless Metropolice

swordfish1

Expert Member
so, I wonder, when the useless metropolice is going to do something about the f***ers that drive completely on red light, especially in the evening and the f***ers that drive without number plates and the f***ers that have no idea how to switch their indicators when turning and the f***ers that have no clue what to use their fog lights for, so they switch them during the day or in a dry and clear evening ...

and by the way, if you are one of the people that does any of the above, please hand over your keys to your mum or dad, as you are not grown up enough to be allowed on the road, please ask them nicely for trycicle, and exercise yourself in the back yard.

and to the useless metropolice, please do what you are paid for, but in the order that will save the highest number of innocent peoples lives, sitting behind a tree, eating dhoughnouts, with a radar in hand, and stoping somebody because they are driving with 70 km/h in a 60 zone, although correct, is far less likely to save anybodys life, compared to jailing some piece of **** driving on red robot @ 100 km/h or an idiot driving with 200km/h without number plates ...

3G4me

swordfish1 said:
so, I wonder, when the useless metropolice is going to do something about the f***ers that drive completely on red light, especially in the evening and the f***ers that drive without number plates and the f***ers that have no idea how to switch their indicators when turning and the f***ers that have no clue what to use their fog lights for, so they switch them during the day or in a dry and clear evening ...

and by the way, if you are one of the people that does any of the above, please hand over your keys to your mum or dad, as you are not grown up enough to be allowed on the road, please ask them nicely for trycicle, and exercise yourself in the back yard.

and to the useless metropolice, please do what you are paid for, but in the order that will save the highest number of innocent peoples lives, sitting behind a tree, eating dhoughnouts, with a radar in hand, and stoping somebody because they are driving with 70 km/h in a 60 zone, although correct, is far less likely to save anybodys life, compared to jailing some piece of **** driving on red robot @ 100 km/h or an idiot driving with 200km/h without number plates ...
Oops! I think someone just had a really bad drive home from work...

Sorry mate, road rage aint worth it! Have a glass of wine, stand on the balcony and watch the sea (if you aren't near the sea then imagine that you are). It's rough living in the city in SA???

Hope you feel better in a couple of hours...;)

swordfish1

Expert Member
thanks 3G4me :)

don't have a balcony, nor sea, unfortunatelly :D

well, I have a bad drive every day, to and from work, and I am sick and tired that those people never get punished, and some day eventually they kill somebody with their idiotic behaviour!

bb_matt

Executive Member
Yeah, it's a human condition me thinks.

It's like the m0rons who break the speed limit wherever they can, endangering other road users, but end up two cars ahead at the next intersection - why?

Or the dweebs who don't indicate thier intention at intersections - in SA it's not so bad, because traffic lights are the usual control at these intersections, but in the UK, it's traffic islands with give-way to right - if someone doesn't indicate, it just clogs up traffic.

Oh yeah - another pet hate - picture a traffic jam, with people trying to get into traffic at an intersection, when right in front of you, is some d1ckwad leaving a 10 car space between him and the guy in front - meantime, behind, the traffic is all gnarled up and people end up in the middle of an intersection when the lights change. I've come close to cutting them off - I almost did it the other day, basically, drive in front of them - gaah.

Or the smaller things - you get to an intersection with a single wide lane and the guy going straight or right sits slap bang in the middle of the road space, so there's no room for those turning left, even though he has acres of space to spare.

I once had this idea to construct a series of flash cards with really large lettering - you keep these on your front dash, when you encounter a m0ron like this, you can simply prop the appropriate flash card up against your window and then hoot.

The flash cards would be along the lines of "You drive like an idiot"

Problem is, you'd probably get the wrong person and end up getting shot ;)

nic777

Expert Member
bb_matt said:
I once had this idea to construct a series of flash cards with really large lettering - you keep these on your front dash, when you encounter a m0ron like this, you can simply prop the appropriate flash card up against your window and then hoot.

The flash cards would be along the lines of "You drive like an idiot"
Sorry, your idea has been taken ;)

pupa

Banned
Or the guy on the way to Cape town for a holiday sits at 60k's in a right hand late within a 90K's zone as he needs to turn right at the fifth robot ahead when hitting the town section, Only problem is he is still in JHB. Then there's the multiple lanes between JHB and PTA and out of 4 lanes the only one available for "all" traffic is the right hand lane, both for fast and slow traffic as the left three lanes is occupied by three trucks trying to pass each other on the up hill section!

pupa

Banned
werner said:
bad stutter you have...
Sorry man this Bl@@dy Telkom. I cannot when posting get the return reply action. Had to go to the sat link only to find via Telkom it send the posts but download is blocked or have a problem. Its like this since the weekend?? Wonder whats up?? Will delete them extra stutters!

Gatecrasher

Executive Member
My pet peeve:

Traffic circles are great. At least, they should be. Sadly, in SA we don't know what "yield to the right" means. Here, we think it means "Stop" and take turns to enter the circle, as though it were a 4-way stop.

I'm tired of being waved and hooted at by angry motorists for simply abiding by the rules of the road. Having no oncoming traffic to the right gives one the right to enter the trafic circle. Getting to the circle first does not give you right of way, a vital difference that many drivers seem incapable of understanding.

Even worse than those who feel it is their right to stop the flow of traffic, are those plonkers who do have the right of way, but who waste everyone's time by inexplicably stopping and waving you "politely" on. Grrr.

Its a circle, not a 4-way stop. Repeat after me: Yield to the right, yield to the right, yield to the right...

Last edited:

RoosTa

Expert Member
swordfish1 said:

Funny thing is, that metro would be making tons more commision if they actually stopped people with their fog lights on when there is no fog in sight; it's ILLEGAL. 2/3 people are 'cruising' with their fog lights on. "I are cool, I have fog lights".

Fine, fog lights aren't as life threatening as driving through a red traffic light, but us S. Africans have a CRAP attitude when it comes to driving. They even make 'jokes' about it in radio ads (First for women).

It's acceptable in society to drive home drunk.
It's acceptable to drive through a RED light, just because it changed a split second a go from amber.
It's acceptable to drive like a string of pearls on the highway in the fast lane. It's acceptable to drive over solid lines.
It's acceptable to climb into a taxi that might not even make it a kilometre down the road.

'We' just don't take driving serious enough. No wonder there are so many deaths on the roads.

Since the metro's are useless, I had an idea of making a "sticker" campaign, where you get those difficult to remove stickers and stick it on the perpetrator's windows.