User privacy never important. what is the future for the internet?

WillPower TJ

So i got some contacts from a few new people i recently met.
I have been spending some time with them on Whatsapp, and next thing you know Facebook is already suggesting them to me to add as my friends.
Now I know there was no way in hell the profiles of those people could be linked to mine. I only access Facebook using a browser and i don't have the Facebook app ( freezed it ), so this can only mean all the products from their company are integrated and they share data, that way their ads and other bull*** can be better targeted to each individual(?).
and yes yes i know this is the new world we live in now and privacy is long gone but some of this stuff is overwhelming.
These people are keeping huge databases with all our information and using it for whatever it is they do.
Like recently I logged into Facebook using the Cell C network and the free Facebook promo thingy comes up, feeling skeptical as always i went ahead to read the terms of use and privacy policy, which was surprisingly short this time,
and under it i found this image.jpg , do thy really expect anyone to click "OK " and agree to that?
Heck if Facebook knew our mobile purchase/recharge habits and active contracts then they would build even larger files of us and eventually group us by class, if they are not doing so already. Knowing how much we spend/can afford and which category of class we belong is just tooo much.
I know privacy is gone but just how far are these people willing to go? Is there a future for the internet if things continue like this, what is the worst that you guys have seen?

j4ck455

Executive Member
Facebook bought Whatsapp and that is how Facebook knows who you've been in contact with via Whatsapp.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Scary thought in the IOT era,
Unfortunately this is the new reality,

Best you think carefully about what you post about.....

supersunbird

Honorary Master
So i got some contacts from a few new people i recently met.
I have been spending some time with them on Whatsapp, and next thing you know Facebook is already suggesting them to me to add as my friends.
Now I know there was no way in hell the profiles of those people could be linked to mine. I only access Facebook using a browser and i don't have the Facebook app ( freezed it ), so this can only mean all the products from their company are integrated and they share data, that way their ads and other bull*** can be better targeted to each individual(?).
and yes yes i know this is the new world we live in now and privacy is long gone but some of this stuff is overwhelming.
These people are keeping huge databases with all our information and using it for whatever it is they do.
Like recently I logged into Facebook using the Cell C network and the free Facebook promo thingy comes up, feeling skeptical as always i went ahead to read the terms of use and privacy policy, which was surprisingly short this time,
and under it i found this, do thy really expect anyone to click "OK " and agree to that?
Heck if Facebook knew our mobile purchase/recharge habits and active contracts then they would build even larger files of us and eventually group us by class, if they are not doing so already. Knowing how much we spend/can afford and which category of class we belong is just tooo much.
I know privacy is gone but just how far are these people willing to go? Is there a future for the internet if things continue like this, what is the worst that you guys have seen?

Did you put your mobile number into your FB details? I didn't, and also don't access FB via my phone. No way for them to link me so I get no targeted ads hehehe...

Adoxographist

Facebook never deletes anything. They pretend to delete stuff but in reality they put it into cold storage.