Username and password for Vodacom Huawei Gateway

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Got the admin password for the shitty new routers, done a firmware backup, got the password, ran it through some scratchy Hawaii application to decrypt it ( the usual tools didn’t work) and now running on my own router :)

Much better

Singhms

Is there a way to flash / factory reset the router if your contract is over and you no longer going to use it on the Vodacom network?

i.e. original Huawei / open software...

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Is there a way to flash / factory reset the router if your contract is over and you no longer going to use it on the Vodacom network?

nope, but what you can do, is reset to factory , and use the password on the first page or two of this tread, then disable remote management, the router wont self provision with the vodacom craaaaaap. Router can be used for pretty much what ever you want after that and a standard router

Singhms

nope, but what you can do, is reset to factory , and use the password on the first page or two of this tread, then disable remote management, the router wont self provision with the vodacom craaaaaap. Router can be used for pretty much what ever you want after that and a standard router
Thanks a mil, will try that out!

peterhowells

Vodacom installed one of the new G240W routers that I cannot access so had to use the older HG659 router as a second router - I managed to install firmware from Telecom Business Gateway on it instead of Vodacom's firmware so now have access to all the router's settings using the default username : password.

Last edited:

Singhms

Vodacom installed one of the new G240W routers that I cannot access so had to use the older HG659 router as a second router - I managed to install firmware from Telecom Business Gateway on it instead of Vodacom's firmware so now have access to all the router's settings using the default username : password.
Thanks for the feedback, any chance you can share a link to the firmware?

Singhms

Worked like a charm, thanks a mil

Bilder

Does anyone have the new password for the hg659 router the password is no longer working and I can't access it my contact is ending next month

Singhms

Does anyone have the new password for the hg659 router the password is no longer working and I can't access it my contact is ending next month
I followed this from @ijacobs3 and it worked,

Singhms

Hi All,

Please can you send me the information to login to the router.

Thank you
I followed this from @ijacobs3 and it worked,

eagle2k

Have you seen the new Vodacom TP Link Archer MR600 4G+ routers?

Also on business

They have accessible firmware, looks like original firmware from tp link but with a few missing options

Will post a few pictures later

Missing tabs are like Network/Internet tab and QOS tab and a few other options

But at least an MTN sim can work in one if you set it up with APN mymtn via the tether app on TP Link on android
65711d4afb65a50d62057026f4e0c65d.jpg

eagle2k

Does anyone know if the TP Link Mr600 support tftp?

And what the steps are to force flash the original firmware?