Username and password for Vodacom Huawei Gateway

wood_72

Out of interest we had Vodacom at one of our businesses, installed a new service and disconnected all the Vodacom kit completely. No one contacted us to find out why the 2 routers\wireless where not available etc, for over a month and that was a business grade service. So I do not think they would bother unless you asked them to so something specific on your service. Eventually we did get an email becuase the message had not yet reached the back office that we had cancelled.

Rianmich

Any help...What is the username u enter to connect to internet on the Huawei link...
Starts with solution nr followed by [MENTION=349088]FTT[/MENTION]....

Auradion

Banned
If anyone is still interested, you can flash the Vodafone firmware on this router and gain full access. (mines a glorifed AP as the Mikrotik is doing the routing)
NB!!!! make sure you obtain the pppoe details first from the previous posts

Download firmware: http://downloads.vodafone.co.nz/HG659-16V100R001C206B026_main.bin

Set static IP address on your pc, 192.168.1.10
put the router into recovery mode: power off using the button on the side, press and hold the reset button, power on using the side button while still holding the reset button. (about 5 seconds)
From your pc navigate to 192.168.1.1
Upload the firmware.
wait for the router to reboot. At this point it has the Vodafone firmware but still retains the Vodacom settings.
Next, reset to defaults. While the router is powered on, hold the reset button until all the lights turn off.
navigate to 192.168.1.1 after it's reset
login using: vodafone/vodafone

Enjoy your unlocked/unmanaged router.

Muahahahaha :D
nice Trick dude
i will do this when i get vodacom Fibre.

Last edited:

TellyUno

Is there anyway you can possibly give me a full start to end step by step guide as i would like to do this.
I have a Asus AC5300 router which is much better than the stock Hauweii Router Vodacom gave me.

I would much appreciate it

Keegan

Expert Member
Good day gents,

Does anybody know the latest username and password for these routers?

Thank you

Razia

I might be moving away from vodacom in the next month due to them removing all our access to the routers and generally paying R1500 for a 40mb doesn't sit well with me. Do you know if we can just move over to another isp using the currently installed line?

deonmoodley

I might be moving away from vodacom in the next month due to them removing all our access to the routers and generally paying R1500 for a 40mb doesn't sit well with me. Do you know if we can just move over to another isp using the currently installed line?
For R1500 you can get 100/50 "uncapped" 2.2TB on vodacom fibre.

Razia

We pay R1500 for 100/100 400gb and our line is so damn unstable. Can't stream anything. Can't game since I get DC's every game. Fast.com reports the line at anything between 20-40mb. This is unfortunate as their help services are amazing but unfortunately If I can't game or stream I feel like I'm wasting my money.

rohangopal

anyone know where i can get the firmware for the device? (i bricked mine somehow, urgh)!
OR can someone here please help me (if you are one of the people who have access to the router login, go and make a backup and then send me the file so i can upload to my router) ??? PLEASE, THANKS

rohangopal

Try the above post of mine to put the router into recovery mode then use the vodafone firmware. Hopefully you already have the pppoe details.

Hi there, thanks for this, however, i have tried this already.
I put the router in recovery mode, and used this firmware... the WAN light flashes a few times (as stated in process to follow, then all 4 LAN lights flash etc.) ... BUT the router is still dead i.e. even after flashing, Power light only stays on and you cannot use the router at all (its just dead).
I am assuming it does not like the firmware version (for some reason) ... hence I am looking for someone local that has the Vodacom firmware (i know it also most likely uses Vodafone firmware, but this does not work).

Singhms

Hi Guys, I just received my Huawei HG659 on business account from Vodacom.

Whats the easiest way to check data balances?

Thanks,

Singhms

I also see mention in this thread of the device being leased? So that means after the 24 months Vodacom takes it back?

I did see this on the order, just didn't think of it that way... more as in if you cancel before 24 months you need to pay a cancellation fee like the other contracts...