Users can't get through to my cell c number. What's going on?

Brenden_E

Expert Member
Hi,

I am hoping a cell c rep can comment on this. I have a bunch of people on vodacom that when they phone me it goes directly to voicemail. When I phone them back immediatly it goes through. I am in Centurion and there's full signal all the time.

The only reason I can think is that either cell c is not putting through the call, or vodacom isn't. What's going on, and how can I fix this?

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
The only reason I can think is that either cell c is not putting through the call, or vodacom isn't. What's going on, and how can I fix this?
Get one of the people trying to call you to call Vodacom's customer care, they are the ones paying for the call so are the customer in this case.

Just out of interest, have you ever ported your number?

Brenden_E

Expert Member
Nope, never ported. I originally had a Vodacom number and they gave me so many hassles to port it I just got a new number.

Hummercellc

Expert Member
I had a similar problem a few months ago, But it was Vodacom to VOX Telecom....

Vox 087 numbers could call Vodacom, but Vodacom could not call Vox numbers.... and Vodacom's website has been offline for days! not to mention how many hours it takes for Vodacom SMS's to go through!

All the wheels are falling off the Vodacom band wagon.....

MDE

Expert Member
Sounds like Vodacom and Cellc are swopping wheels...hmmm maybe for the better :p

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Red must be a bad colour! When Cell C was red branded they had many problems, now they have come up in the world.
Vodacom is the old Cell C....

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi,

I am hoping a cell c rep can comment on this. I have a bunch of people on vodacom that when they phone me it goes directly to voicemail. When I phone them back immediatly it goes through. I am in Centurion and there's full signal all the time.

HI Brenden_E

Please can you PM me you Details.
Will test it.

Regards
~AM~

Voicy

Honorary Master
Hi,

Hey man,

I had the same issue on the 13th. I'm on MTN and tried to call 2 of my mates on cell C. It went directly to voicemail as well.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Sounds like a routing problem. The provider to whom you ported normally need to log it on their side. Their tech guys will then communicate with the other networks to update the routing.

I have had this many times with Cell C clients porting to Vodacom and cant received calls anymore from Cell C numbers once ported.

Should you want...PM me your number and I will see if our porting guys will allow me to log a call even though the number no longer sits with us.

EDIT: Just saw you mentioned you did not port. Strange. If the call is going into your Cell C voicemail...it also means that Vodacom is sending the call to the Cell C network...but something is going wrong and Cell C not putting the call through to your phone?

Last edited:

sajunky

Honorary Master
Cancelling all diverts helps (on any network). Code (on destignation phone): ##002#
Voice mail box must be restored afterwards (if used - I keep it disabled).

Last edited:

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
HI Brenden_E

Did you get it sorted ?
As never received PM from you.
If not please PM me will assist ASAP.

**Hi Voicy
Are you still not able to reach your friends from you MTN number ?

Regards
~AM~

GPSJane

I have this exact same problem and Vodacom refuse point blank to even consider that it is their fault even though I am their customer. CellC say it is not their problem and refuse to do anything about it either. I have given up and now no one on CellC can cal me.

Hummercellc

Expert Member
I have this exact same problem and Vodacom refuse point blank to even consider that it is their fault even though I am their customer. CellC say it is not their problem and refuse to do anything about it either. I have given up and now no one on CellC can cal me.
Who ever you pay for a call should fix the problem i.e. Vodacom in this case....
PM uncle RPM let him do some digging, he got Vodacom to fix a routing problem on their network by publishing an article on it.

ajax

Executive Member
I have a similar problem. Neotel numbers cannot reach me. I'm on Cell C,ported from MTN.
Colleague with same setup has the same problem. I've hellopetered twice and it's still not fixed even though they said it's fixed.
/Sigh

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
I have a similar problem. Neotel numbers cannot reach me. I'm on Cell C,ported from MTN.
Colleague with same setup has the same problem. I've hellopetered twice and it's still not fixed even though they said it's fixed.
/Sigh
good day

please PM me your number and i will have look into this for you.

regards,
bas

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Many thanks! It is working now, also for my colleague :)
Good day

you welcome Ajax yes he just confirmed that with me as well just got off the phone with him,
please feel free to PM should you have any problems will be glad to assist.

regards ,
bas

Last edited:

ajax

Executive Member
Ajax can you please tell us what the problem was?
Cell_C should be able to comment but as far as I understood the IT speak it was routing tables on the port that were not all updated when I ported last year. Both numbers in question were originally Vodacom numbers that were ported to MTN and from there to Cell C.

Another colleague ported this week (same scenario) and his port was ok - i.e. he can be reached from Neotel.

Just noting also that it was bas (Cell_C) who really came through. I complained twice on hellopeter and on both occasions the problem wasn't solved. In fact with the first complaint they told me to contact my SP to enable international calling :wtf:

Naeem6060

Hi
Please can you assist me. I have ported from FNB to MTN just under a year ago and cannot receive any calls from Cell C or FNB networks. When subscribers from these networks try to call me they get "the number you have dialed does not exist" but I can call them without any issue. I have tried calling numerous times. MTN passses the blame to Cell C/ FNB and they say I should take it up with MTN.