Users can't get through to my cell c number. What's going on?

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
Hi
Please can you assist me. I have ported from FNB to MTN just under a year ago and cannot receive any calls from Cell C or FNB networks. When subscribers from these networks try to call me they get "the number you have dialed does not exist" but I can call them without any issue. I have tried calling numerous times. MTN passses the blame to Cell C/ FNB and they say I should take it up with MTN.
The company you are paying for service needs to fix the problem.

chrisblade

Hi
Please can you assist me. I have ported from FNB to MTN just under a year ago and cannot receive any calls from Cell C or FNB networks. When subscribers from these networks try to call me they get "the number you have dialed does not exist" but I can call them without any issue. I have tried calling numerous times. MTN passses the blame to Cell C/ FNB and they say I should take it up with MTN.
Did you ever manage to resolve this? I am currently sitting with the exact same problem. Ported from FNB to Telkom

chrisblade

Sounds like a routing problem. The provider to whom you ported normally need to log it on their side. Their tech guys will then communicate with the other networks to update the routing.

I have had this many times with Cell C clients porting to Vodacom and cant received calls anymore from Cell C numbers once ported.

Should you want...PM me your number and I will see if our porting guys will allow me to log a call even though the number no longer sits with us.

EDIT: Just saw you mentioned you did not port. Strange. If the call is going into your Cell C voicemail...it also means that Vodacom is sending the call to the Cell C network...but something is going wrong and Cell C not putting the call through to your phone?
Hi Ockie, I know this convo is 7 years old, but any chance you are able to assist with this still? I recently ported from FNB/CellC to Telkom and can no longer receive calls from Cell C numbers. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi Ockie, I know this convo is 7 years old, but any chance you are able to assist with this still? I recently ported from FNB/CellC to Telkom and can no longer receive calls from Cell C numbers. Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Hi chrisblade

Thank you for reaching out.

Have you reported the issue to your current service provider?

^NZ

chrisblade

Hi
Thank you very much for your reply.

I have reported this issue to Telkom. But I keep getting told they will log a query and I must wait 72 hours. This is yet to solve the problem the anyway.

Do you know of another way - or must I just keep pushing Telkom?

Regards
Chris

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi
Thank you very much for your reply.

I have reported this issue to Telkom. But I keep getting told they will log a query and I must wait 72 hours. This is yet to solve the problem the anyway.

Do you know of another way - or must I just keep pushing Telkom?

Regards
Chris
Hi Chrisblade

At this point once a number has been ported out, we no longer have any access to it.

^NZ