Using D-Link G225 ADSL router for Fibre connection

GlassMirror

Expert Member
Hi guys,

So my line was installed a few days ago and I was notified earlier that it has been activated and is live. Now while I'm waiting for Cool Ideas to ship and deliver my router, is there any way I can use my old D-Link G225 router in the interim?
@PBCool or @TheRoDent

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Hi guys,

So my line was installed a few days ago and I was notified earlier that it has been activated and is live. Now while I'm waiting for Cool Ideas to ship and deliver my router, is there any way I can use my old D-Link G225 router in the interim?
@PBCool or @TheRoDent
Depending on which fibre network you are on, but most likely yes.
If the fibre network supports PPPOE then you need to get your credentials from cool ideas and enter them in.
I think with Vumatel trenched, you need to get your router mac address provisioned, but not sure if this is still required, i havent been with vuma for quite a while.

GlassMirror

Expert Member
Depending on which fibre network you are on, but most likely yes.
If the fibre network supports PPPOE then you need to get your credentials from cool ideas and enter them in.
I think with Vumatel trenched, you need to get your router mac address provisioned, but not sure if this is still required, i havent been with vuma for quite a while.
I should be on DHCP as I'm on Octotel's network

Totempole

Expert Member
Not really relevant, but I can confirm the DSL-G225 router works perfectly with Vumatel.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
does it work with Afrihost and telkom please need feed back,

It supports ADSL, VDSL and Ethernet wan which means it should work fine on all of those like ADSL, VDSL and Fibre with any ISP as long as it's not network locked.