Using Vodafone modems on other networks

Vkwela

Hi I was at Vodacom just now to find out about my moderm that was open for all networks two weeks back here in Paarl mall, The moderm went back to being lock whilst I had payed a technician fee of R160. Now the lady at the store told me the guy left that was his last day when I saw him, if thats even true and that my moderm was reset and I have to pay another R160 to get it open to other netwirks again. So my question is everytine I shoikd cone back and forth for this? Why is it not a once of thing and it takes them a split second to get it done just they know how too. If anyone can help. What do I need to get this working

Attachments

• 1584964859656-1666110963.jpg
    1584964859656-1666110963.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 9

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
Hi I was at Vodacom just now to find out about my moderm that was open for all networks two weeks back here in Paarl mall, The moderm went back to being lock whilst I had payed a technician fee of R160. Now the lady at the store told me the guy left that was his last day when I saw him, if thats even true and that my moderm was reset and I have to pay another R160 to get it open to other netwirks again. So my question is everytine I shoikd cone back and forth for this? Why is it not a once of thing and it takes them a split second to get it done just they know how too. If anyone can help. What do I need to get this working
Hi, that doesn't sound right.
Maybe ask in the Vodacom section?

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Well, about the only thing that I change, when using other network SIM cards in my R218H mifi router is change the default APN to that of the network whose SIM I have in the router. Works.

IceQB

Expert Member
Think there is a area here u add sim pine no on those voda routers so it works on other sims. Can't recall what that area/tab is called.

dibongz

Afternoon I'm new in this modem things was using vodacom as my service provider but hv changed due it is too expensive this day now I've bought an Telkom Sim it does appear everything is fine except when I hv to connect to the internet hv data. My modem is k4510-z please help

Kiemo

Expert Member
Just
Change the APN settings that’s all it will cost you nothing I mean Why pay 160 ... If I can do it for free

Gregvuyo

Try this it worked for me because isp's by law are not allowed to lock their devices. I have a R207 not R207z but the home page looked the same and the law states............ so it worked.

Attachments

• User Manual R207z.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 13