vaccination side affects

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I think (my opinion only) that the way the nurse or doctor administers the injection affects your experience. For both my jabs, it was a doctor and he pinched a section of skin to make a lump and put the needle in.

There was the faintest of pricks. My medical professor friend said his nurse simply jammed the needle in without any finesse and it was a bit more painful than he thought it should be. He himself has administered thousands of injections and there is a right way and a wrong way

Then my neighbour had his jab and when the nurse pulled out the needle, he said he forgot to swab the area beforehand. Too much haste and not enough care
I'll take an injection from a nurse over a doctor any day of the week.

semaphore

Honorary Master
I think (my opinion only) that the way the nurse or doctor administers the injection affects your experience. For both my jabs, it was a doctor and he pinched a section of skin to make a lump and put the needle in.

There was the faintest of pricks. My medical professor friend said his nurse simply jammed the needle in without any finesse and it was a bit more painful than he thought it should be. He himself has administered thousands of injections and there is a right way and a wrong way

Then my neighbour had his jab and when the nurse pulled out the needle, he said he forgot to swab the area beforehand. Too much haste and not enough care
The sister who did mine was great, I hate needles. She made some joke and it was done , did not feel a thing.

Reactions: Yuu

Markd

Expert Member
Got Pfizer at the end of the week, had a sore arm for a day, no other side effects and feeling perfect today. Looking forward to shot 2 in about a month.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I can't see if there is any swelling or discolouration at the injection site because of a tattoo. For some reason they flat out refused to let me have the injection in my right arm.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Why? Is it because of availability? It'a not like people really have much of a choice, is it? You get what's offered.
Ja, that is the point, we don't have a choice, we get what we get. So trying to choose what you believe might be a better option just does not exist.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

Absolutely. Having now "observed" from a distance, of about 45 jabs, the experiences of people vary. Some get it done properly, others not. some have to swab afterwards because the needle hole bleeds others don't, nothing is visible after the jab no swelling nothing. Others have a welt that is visible after the 15-minute wait, others nothing. The interns (doctors) are following the correct procedure, the older nurses who have had years of practice are good, but some of the others could not care less. They just stick the needle in inject pull out and chase you away.

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I can't see if there is any swelling or discolouration at the injection site because of a tattoo. For some reason they flat out refused to let me have the injection in my right arm.
At our centre where I have been helping people, it depends ONLY on which queue you are in, nothing else, no choice, strip, sit, jab, bugger off, next. So if your queue is left arm or right arm that is it.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
At our centre where I have been helping people, it depends ONLY on which queue you are in, nothing else, no choice, strip, sit, jab, bugger off, next. So if your queue is left arm or right arm that is it.
I was hoping for that but when I sat in the chair that presented them with my right arm, she got up and walked around me to get to my left arm.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I was hoping for that but when I sat in the chair that presented them with my right arm, she got up and walked around me to get to my left arm.
Must have been a lightweight. The one nurse needs a crane to get up so she does not move.

• Wow

Markd

Expert Member
they have to do it in the left arm because the implantable microchip needs to be in range of the heart for when they send the 'explode' command, otherwise it risks being ineffective. Seriously. Not really. But ja.

Aghori

Honorary Master
I had joint pains (elbows, jaw) for half a day.

Yup. My dad had the same from the first dose of the AstraZ shot. He swallowed 2 Stilpane tablets and washed it down with half a bottle of whiskey. Right as rain the next day. I chose not to vaccinate (not antivax in any way) but I urge people who were / are at risk to go.

Splinter

Honorary Master
I'll take an injection from a nurse over a doctor any day of the week.
Totally agree. Nurses are the one who do this, day in, and day out. A doctor, on the other hand, is not that experienced.

The dude who did mine was amazing. I was waiting for some pain, and then he was already putting on the plaster.

Splinter

Honorary Master

That's rather odd. The centre where I went to, it was completely clear. Left arm only.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
1st shot asked me which is my dominant arm and I appreciated that because the buggers always put the drip in my left arm which is deeply annoying as a leftie.

Only problem is I sleep on my right so that was far more a problem with the Pfizer which gave me a sore arm for two days. Also had the weird phantom arm thing where it feels like it’s not there.

Had a very solid nap in the afternoon but honestly can’t say if it was related or me just being lazy.

2nd jab was a whole different story by and large because I was in a queue for five hours a large part of which was standing outside in a parking lot in the extreme cold and being a little wet after getting rained on since I ride a bike.

Had the jab in the other arm this time and it was similarly sensitive under pressure, but none of the phantom arm vibes.

Got home and I was pretty woozy for not having eaten since breakfast and it being after 15:00 so ordered Ubereats and got into a shower and then had a short nap after the late lunch.

Doubtful any of it was a side effect and rather just a case of a long day queueing the cold.