vaccination side affects

Splinter

Honorary Master
I was told its the opposite to the arm you use most regularly. Makes sense if it's going to be sore, or if they are worried the microchip might be impact hy your cell phone...

News to me. It was always the left arm from the couple of dozen I got to see ahead of me.

animal531

Expert Member
A big thing is to relax the arm, if you squeeze or panic then it's going to hurt more and for much longer.

Paul C

Got j&j Friday at ten. By ten pm that night I felt like i had hypothermia. Six blankets, two jerseys, nothing could keep me warm. Bad flu symptoms and delirium for around two hours. Really rough night of sleep. Fine the next day. Totally worth it though.

joshuatree

Expert Member
I can't see if there is any swelling or discolouration at the injection site because of a tattoo. For some reason they flat out refused to let me have the injection in my right arm.
Non-dominant arm, for if there are side affects relating to use of the arm.

This question should get asked apparently.

I had it in my right arm, since I am left-handed.

None side effects.

At a very efficient vaccination centre, Parc Du Cap,Cape Town.

Reactions: Yuu

46Female

Expert Member
Got j&j Friday at ten. By ten pm that night I felt like i had hypothermia. Six blankets, two jerseys, nothing could keep me warm. Bad flu symptoms and delirium for around two hours. Really rough night of sleep. Fine the next day. Totally worth it though.
are you a health care worker or a teacher
I thought they don't give J&J to everyone else!!

Surv0

Executive Member
First AZ jab hit me hard, cold shakes, headache, tiredness.. wife had to hold me to keep warm lol.. lasted just under 24hrs and I didnt take anything for it.

Second Pfizer jab, took some acetaminophen (Panado) 5 hours after jab and one again before bed and next to no symptoms.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Non-dominant arm, for if there are side affects relating to use of the arm.

This question should get asked apparently.

I had it in my right arm, since I am left-handed.

None side effects.

At a very efficient vaccination centre, Parc Du Cap,Cape Town.
Which is why I requested that it to be done in my non-dominant (right) arm.

Elon

Which is why I requested that it to be done in my non-dominant (right) arm.
Was this at Dischem by any chance? I overheard a nurse telling someone that they were under strict instruction to administer the jab in the left arm and that was why the chairs were set up the way they were. No explanation for why. This was at Mall of the South in JHB on Wednesday. Curious.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Was this at Dischem by any chance? I overheard a nurse telling someone that they were under strict instruction to administer the jab in the left arm and that was why the chairs were set up the way they were. No explanation for why. This was at Mall of the South in JHB on Wednesday. Curious.
No - Eastern Cape Dept of Health mobile vaccination clinic. Or something like that.

zoozi

91 year old grandmother had first Pfizer. Had an outbreak of Shingles but on the mend now, no other issues. 2nd dose soon.
70 year old aunt, double-pfizer dose, no issues whatsoever.
Heard from family of multiple friends dropping from covid or getting severely sick with it this last wave, many in good health and age, so you anti-vaxxers can chortle my balls.

Paul C

No I was equally surprised. Everyone at hillcrest hospital that day got j&j. They didn’t hae any of the others.

kolaval

Executive Member
J&J makes you smell of baby powder.
Pfizer makes you strong like a bull.
AstraZeneca makes you love Word.

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

Leno

Expert Member
One page back

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Worth what ?

LetsDance

Had my first jab on Friday (was very nervous as I experienced worse flu of my life from a normal flu jab years ago). Feeling very dizzy today.
1627287525872.png

PS - getting worried now - feel like passing out.