vaccination side affects

Solitude

Executive Member
Had my second jab on Friday. Yesterday I was down and out. Really bad headache. Sore muscles and a fever. Ended up going to bed just after 7pm. Feeling much better today though. Still have a headache and muscles a bit sore but nothing as bad as yesterday.

Sukkafool

Second Jab yesterday morning at 10am, bit tender in the general vicinity of the injection but short of that, much like the first, no side effects to speak of at all.

Solitude

Executive Member
Second Jab yesterday morning at 10am, bit tender in the general vicinity of the injection but short of that, much like the first, no side effects to speak of at all.
You are lucky! My wife's the same. No side effects at all. I had none after the first jab but the second one really affected me badly.

Sukkafool

You are lucky! My wife's the same. No side effects at all. I had none after the first jab but the second one really affected me badly.
Literally everybody I know that has had their second jab has reported the same side effects, headaches, fatigue, soreness, fever, chills. I do consider myself lucky in this regard. My wife had her first jab yesterday too and she is also not experiencing anything other than a slightly metallic taste.

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
Literally everybody I know that has had their second jab has reported the same side effects, headaches, fatigue, soreness, fever, chills. I do consider myself lucky in this regard. My wife had her first jab yesterday too and she is also not experiencing anything other than a slightly metallic taste.
My partner had a lot of soreness after his first jab.
I had some, too, but not enough to complain about.
I wonder if women, on the average, having a higher percentage of subcutaneous fat than men, don't get the soreness as badly?

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
My partner had a lot of soreness after his first jab.
I had some, too, but not enough to complain about.
I wonder if women, on the average, having a higher percentage of subcutaneous fat than men, don't get the soreness as badly?

The vaccine is injected deeply into the arm muscle, so subcutaneous fat is not involved (unless it was badly mismanaged).

Tun@

Expert Member
2nd dose on me was no side effects but it gave flu like symptoms to the missus ,nose turned into a tap for a day on her but day 2 back to fine.

Gozzy

Just received a whatsapp that My cousin is in very bad shape after receiving her 2nd jab today - hope she will be ok, otherwise she was very healthy, she's studying to become a Dr and travelled to the US recently to further her studies, and now she's all alone in a country with no support...

She can't even talk properly at the moment and is super confused, high fever, headaches etc.

Just thought its worth mentioning here as it will otherwise just be ignored.

EpicPotato

Had my first dose of Pfizer last week. Had a badly inflamed throat, a migraine and extreme fatigue(this, I am used to).
Took an anti-inflammatory which helped as well.

According to the doctor I visited, whether true or not, I don't know, but he said that the vaccine tends to cause considerably greater inflammation in problematic areas of your body.

All in all though, side effects are not fun but definitely manageable, at least for me.

Solitude

Executive Member
Just received a whatsapp that My cousin is in very bad shape after receiving her 2nd jab today - hope she will be ok, otherwise she was very healthy, she's studying to become a Dr and travelled to the US recently to further her studies, and now she's all alone in a country with no support...

She can't even talk properly at the moment and is super confused, high fever, headaches etc.

Just thought its worth mentioning here as it will otherwise just be ignored.
How's she doing today?

dablakmark8

Honorary Master
I know other people who had flu like symptoms I was a little worried I was going to feel sick
my side effect for the j and j was sick like a dog for 2 days, then i was ok.And now i have covid for real.Funny enough the same flu effects like the side effects minus the smell and taste.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
2nd Jab of Astra yesterday morning, no side effects, nothing nada..... Not sure why I was awake at 04H00 this morning though..... :unsure: