vaccination side affects

Conack

Expert Member
Wait a few weeks and get an antibody test if you are strongly suspecting it, but only if you are really interested to know imo.

Went to Pathcare a couple of months ago and they refused to test me for antibodies, and only allowed "standard" bloodtests.

They would do all the other tests, but Covid antibody tests they would not do without a Dr's letter.

PS. Just noticed who I'm replying to :)

vatie

Went to Pathcare a couple of months ago and they refused to test me for antibodies, and only allowed "standard" bloodtests.

They would do all the other tests, but Covid antibody tests they would not do without a Dr's letter.

PS. Just noticed who I'm replying to :)
Hey dude, yeah I'm bored today so back on these forums causing trouble :p

Dissapointing to hear that honestly, I would understand it if testing capacity is an issue though.

46Female

Expert Member
I heard some ladies say the correct response to a sneeze these COVID times isn't "bless you", but "voetsek".
wow that's funny, But if I say that I might get a slap across my face
and then the fight starts

agustino

wow that's funny, But if I say that I might get a slap across my face
and then the fight starts
Hearsay stories, No facts on that, They have failed in their anticipation

Number of months has been passed since the first person to be vaccinated

MikeaMatrix

JnJ Vac. Closest vac site had JnJ no Phizer.
Sore arm for 3 days.
6 Hours after shot, mild headache and slight fatigue.
Next day mild headache and fatigue.
2nd day after vac, no symptoms except sore arm.
4th day after shot 100% back to baseline.

Mirai

Expert Member
JnJ Vac. Closest vac site had JnJ no Phizer.
Sore arm for 3 days.
6 Hours after shot, mild headache and slight fatigue.
Next day mild headache and fatigue.
2nd day after vac, no symptoms except sore arm.
4th day after shot 100% back to baseline.

Would you have had the fatigue, arm pain and slight headache if you weren't primed to expect them?

People also get headaches, fatigue and sore arms after placebo.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
To the medical experts out there, do you agree with injecting into a persons left arm, especially if the person has a history of heart issues? The injection arm being the left arm can mask genuine heart issues is my thinking.

Just a recap, my old man got his 2nd Pfizer jab on 30 July, within 2 or 3 days he got swelling in one of his legs, his arm has been sore/lame ever since that 2nd jab, but he just pegged all these symptoms down to normal side effects of the jab and he didn't mention anything about this until mid August. By the 3rd week of August the other leg swelled up and once we got him to see his doctors, the GP and cardiologist noted it's a deterioration of his known heart condition, the timing of which is just coincidentally aligned with vaccination.

His physical state has been a very weakened one for the last few weeks since the onset of the aforementioned symptoms. Two days he suffered a minor heart attack and thank goodness I found him soon after it happened or else he might have been lying in the bathroom for several hours before anyone was able to help him.

jezzad

Expert Member
Seconda dose of Phizer yesterday. Woke up this morning with some body aches and really sore shoulder where I got the injection.

lumeer

Expert Member
Would you have had the fatigue, arm pain and slight headache if you weren't primed to expect them?

Funny, my right arm was sore a few days after I got vaccinated, except that they injected me in my left arm. My left arm was never very sore except for a few minutes immediately after the injection.

animal531

Expert Member
To the medical experts out there, do you agree with injecting into a persons left arm, especially if the person has a history of heart issues? The injection arm being the left arm can mask genuine heart issues is my thinking.

Just a recap, my old man got his 2nd Pfizer jab on 30 July, within 2 or 3 days he got swelling in one of his legs, his arm has been sore/lame ever since that 2nd jab, but he just pegged all these symptoms down to normal side effects of the jab and he didn't mention anything about this until mid August. By the 3rd week of August the other leg swelled up and once we got him to see his doctors, the GP and cardiologist noted it's a deterioration of his known heart condition, the timing of which is just coincidentally aligned with vaccination.

His physical state has been a very weakened one for the last few weeks since the onset of the aforementioned symptoms. Two days he suffered a minor heart attack and thank goodness I found him soon after it happened or else he might have been lying in the bathroom for several hours before anyone was able to help him.

Not really, I mean I got a sore gland (by the collar bone), but it's now pretty much gone after 4-5 days. The same should be true for other symptoms.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
Funny, my right arm was sore a few days after I got vaccinated, except that they injected me in my left arm. My left arm was never very sore except for a few minutes immediately after the injection.
I've heard this from a number of people, also the opposite hand becoming swollen and painful

porchrat

Honorary Master

I was told I might get all sorts of weird and wonderful symptoms: headache, sore arm, nausea, fevers, chills.

I got the headache and nausea, but I do sometimes get that with migraines so it may have just been coincidence.

The sore arm though was something that surprised me. By "sore arm" I thought they meant a minor ache like you get with any injection. I was not prepared for just how painful it really ended up being. I don't feel I was primed to expect that at all.

Just had my booster this morning, hoping the symptoms aren't as bad this time.

surface

Honorary Master

I get what you say about priming but I am not sure if that matters. I had read about all side effects but I wasn't remotely worried about it and I hardly noticed anything except minor fatigue after each dose. More after first dose but that week was hectic work wise so it could have added to that. My wife had a hard time on 2nd dose but she was very tired even after first dose.

I think we have such a variety (in terms of health, genetics etc) in human beings, it is absolutely normal that we all will have panoply of side effects, no matter whether we were primed or not.

vatie

I must be the only one who is unhappy about not experiencing more side effects. Sometimes wonder if the dose I got sat outside for too long and is a dud. Only encountered a sore arm with both doses, nothing else. Shrugs.

EDIT: No side effects doesnt mean much of anything...

Conclusions: Lack of post-vaccination symptoms following receipt of the BNT162b2 vaccine does not equate to lack of vaccine-induced antibodies one month after vaccination. This study also suggests that it may be possible to design future mRNA vaccines that confer robust antibody responses with lower frequencies of vaccine-associated symptoms.

Last edited: