Vaccinations key to fixing South African economy - Pepkor CEO

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Get vaccinated and help fix South Africa's jobs crisis — Pepkor CEO

South Africa’s largest clothing retailer sees a successful Covid-19 vaccination rollout as key to reopening the economy and adding new stores, helping to address the world’s highest unemployment rate.

“If we get people vaccinated, the economy can normalize quickly,” Pepkor Holdings Ltd. Chief Executive Officer Leon Lourens said in an interview. “If the economy normalizes, we can create jobs.”

Petec

Expert Member
Hey Leon, why don't you stop talking about shite you know nothing about, and rather stop importing most of your finished goods/materials, from China.
I'm sure that would be a faster and more sustainable way to increase employment and boost the economy.

Brian_G

Executive Member
Try as they might, those not getting vaxxed are... still not getting vaxxed...

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Hey Leon, why don't you stop talking about shite you know nothing about, and rather stop importing most of your finished goods/materials, from China.
I'm sure that would be a faster and more sustainable way to increase employment and boost the economy.
You think people shopping at Pep will pay more for stuff made in ZA lol?

noxibox

Honorary Master
Even if they could be sure that strikes wouldn’t disrupt supply they put shareholders and top executives before the rank and file employees, so the only way they could pay South African wages would be to price their customers out of the market.

JohnMao

Executive Member
You'd have thought jobs and investment would have done that. Who are they employing to be CEOs nowadays?