Vapers to be classified as smokers for insurance

RaptorSA

Expert Member
I hope so.
I hope SA bans this disgusting **** the same way regular cigarettes are banned.
This reminds me of that one guy we have at work who's the only person to ever complain about the docile vapers minding their business far away from anyone.

The only time I've seen him at work with a friend was the one he built by carefully stacking peanuts on top of his vegan meal. Too bad he had to eat it.
Felt almost sorry for the guy.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Well, well, well.

Things I learnt today. Vapers are really easy to troll and they seem slightly more sensitive than atheists.

RaptorSA

Expert Member
Will you enjoy me coughing in your face?
No?
Keep your vape clouds away from the rest of us then.
Thanks.
I've got really bad news for you.
Just because you can actually see the vaporized glycerine clouds from a vaper doesn't mean you're not getting everyone else's breath constantly flowing through your uppity nose.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Do people who complain about a little vapour live on a mountaintop somewhere? I've just wondering how they'd ever cope with the city, where there are all those fumes from cars, trucks and everything else.

noxibox

Honorary Master
this is the reason why the insurance companies test for Cotinine rather than the actual Nicotine. Cotinine stays in your body longer and it is a metabolite of smoking Nicotine, you cannot inhale Cotinine and the amount of Cotinine found in your body can give them an approximation if you are a smoker, how many smokes you smoke a day or if you are only one smoke a day type of person. It can actually give them an approximation if you are trying to quit and they can actually see the Cotinine levels from low level Nicotine use such as in the gum or patches.
Gum or patches don't imply low level nicotine use. Someone who has stopped smoking can continue to consume large quantities of nicotine. If it did imply low level nicotine use then so would vaping. It delivers nicotine faster than gum, but far slower than smoking. That's the reason some smokers don't take to vaping. There is also a difference in the form of nicotine delivered. But they can definitely detect significant cotinine in regular users of the non-smoking methods of consuming nicotine. They'd have to look at other signs the person was actually smoking it.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Many vapers use nicotine free vapes, what now?
Well if we assume that vaping is actually very dangerous that person could probably get away with paying a lower premium while still engaging in the risky behaviour. For now until there is some way to prove that someone was vaping.

konfab

Honorary Master
It has nothing to do with choosing. It is a higher risk.
It actually does.
The medical insurance rules in the US are not permitted to discriminate against someone who has a pre-existing condition. You getting sick from air pollution isn't really something that you can control.
https://obamacarefacts.com/pre-existing-conditions/

Smoking however is entirely preventable. Thus insurers are allowed to charge people more for smoking.
https://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-smokers/

Sl8er

Executive Member
Curious.

What if you don't smoke, but live with a smoker?
You're going to be inhaling second hand smoke all the time.
Are insurances going to charge you more because they detected nicotine in your body, even though you don't smoke?

MEIOT

Expert Member
Curious.

What if you don't smoke, but live with a smoker?
You're going to be inhaling second hand smoke all the time.
Are insurances going to charge you more because they detected nicotine in your body, even though you don't smoke?
No - they just won't pay out after your autopsy is concluded.

clickingbuttons

Vaping plant marijuana? How so? CBD juice?
I use something called a Volcano Vaporizer.

Here is a guy on youtbe reviewing one:

If you smoke MJ I can highly reccomend it but my lungs still feel sore as hell after 30 bags in a day.