• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

VBS Mutual Bank being victimised - EFF

supersunbird

Honorary Master
So it's a small useless bank, but it's beyond repair? It's like telling me my small and useless car which is a Toyota Tazz is beyond repair.
Are you going to spend R30 000 to repair the engine and gearbox of your R20 000 Tazz? Or rather just leave it and go buy another Tazz?

Sly21C

Expert Member
Are you going to spend R30 000 to repair the engine and gearbox of your R20 000 Tazz? Or rather just leave it and go buy another Tazz?
Consistency is the issue here. If a Ford Fiat's engine (African Bank) is fixed costing R30k, why not my Toyota Tazz?

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Consistency is the issue here. If a Ford Fiat's engine (African Bank) is fixed costing R30k, why not my Toyota Tazz?
Because African Bank found lenders to help it survive.

Firms including Barclays Africa Group, FirstRand and fund administrator Public Investment Corporation agreed to underwrite the capital raising for the remaining good bank, South African Reserve Bank (SARB)Governor Gill Marcus told reporters in Pretoria on Sunday. The book value of the good bank is R26-billion after impairments. The bad bank will be placed in a SARB-backed vehicle, with the Reserve Bank paying R7-billion for the unit’s R17-billion-rand book.
https://mg.co.za/article/2014-08-11-african-bank-splits-to-isolate-loans-in-reserve-bank-rescue

In VBS case, the SARB covers R336 million and not the municipal deposits because they were illegal.

Sly21C

Expert Member
Oh so now you have a name for the intelligent people who call you lot on your nonsense?

So very very cute.
You're certainly intelligent, and I'm not being sarcastic. But you don't go deeper into any issues. You rely on facts presented to you, not realizing that those facts might be selective facts or one side of the coin.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
You're certainly intelligent, and I'm not being sarcastic. But you don't go deeper into any issues. You rely on facts presented to you, not realizing that those facts might be selective facts or one side of the coin.
Because basing your opinion on an obscure Nazi sympathizing writer and an amateurish blog with probably 37 views is how you establish the truth.

I’m happy you’re not in a position of command. Last month, we actually fired a guy a bit like you who thinks he’s always right with half baked truths. The idiot started blaming it on racism and whites & co. Little does he know that our shareholders are nowhere near white.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
See you assume I don't go deeper because I don't believe the crap you do. I can guarantee you I go deeper into issues than you ever do...

Sly21C

Expert Member
Because basing your opinion on an obscure Nazi sympathizing writer and an amateurish blog with probably 37 views is how you establish the truth.

I’m happy you’re not in a position of command. Last month, we actually fired a guy a bit like you who thinks he’s always right with half baked truths. The idiot started blaming it on racism and whites & co. Little does he know that our shareholders are nowhere near white.
You're ripe for being deceived and misled. If I may ask one more question, do you think Hitler is the most evil man in the 20th century, or better yet world history? If not, who is the most evil man in world history in your opinion?

f2wohf

Honorary Master
You're ripe for being deceived and misled. If I may ask one more question, do you think Hitler is the most evil man in the 20th century, or better yet world history? If not, who is the most evil man in world history in your opinion?
I have other things to do than thinking of who's the most evil. I don't think in trivial terms such as "boo he's bad" "yayyy he's good", that's the reasoning of a poorly educated person - or of a kid.

I live very well and don't get disappointed much, trust me.

Still waiting for that proof of the hidden treasure of the Vendas?

Last edited:

BBSA

Executive Member
Why do you always have to go off topic?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
The only one being deceived and misled is you...

You believe retarded conspiracy theories...