Vegan takes neighbours to court in Western Australia over smell from barbecues

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I've heard of vegans not allowing meat in the house if they live in the same house as you.

I know I'm a crusty old bastard and not a very nice person, but I'd probably eat ham in front of them just to trigger them.

Kelerei

Expert Member
Isn't biltong illegal over there?
Can't speak for our neighbours on "New Zealand's West Island", but in the greater Wellington region, there are three South African shops that I'm aware of (Ontrays in Petone, Biltong 'n Wors in Tawa, and one just opened in Paraparaumu that I need to check out sometime) that all sell expat-made biltong and that keep my cravings in this regard well satisfied.

Knyro

Honorary Master
If you are going to live near other people you have to be tolerant of some things.

She must move to the wilderness.
Depends what it is really. Faily innocuous things can drive you up the wall if it carries on long enough, maybe even for years on end.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Why would you live in the same house as one?
I certainly wouldn't but I know people who have.

There was a Guardian article (leftist UK newspaper) about people who share houses, and for it being totally normal for their to be restrictions on meat. Like, if one of the housemates was vegan, you can expect there to be a restriction or ban on meat and this is "totally normal".

I'll tell them I'm a Meatarian and in my religion, Braaivleis has prime importance.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I've heard of vegans not allowing meat in the house if they live in the same house as you.

I know I'm a crusty old bastard and not a very nice person, but I'd probably eat ham in front of them just to trigger them.
Veal is more effective