Very Poor Cell C Fixed Wireless connection in Black Heath Capetown

VioletVenom

Copy paste from my reply to @Shamiel_1 :
The APN is quite simple for MTN really, just create a new APN Profile on your router and in the APN section type: myMTN

The only way they will come out is if you contact your ISP and let them understand you will not stop hounding them if your issue isn't sorted, Afrihost gave me the runaround a few times but I kept on insisting that the matter be escalated and once they escalated yesterday Cell C called me this morning
I'll create the apn when i get home sounds like a plan to me. Will you let me know if you do get any joy from that investigation. I have no plan to quit hounding them. I'm a paying customer and like everyone else here we have a right to receive assistance with a product we are paying for. Its not an unreasonable request in the slightest.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
@Cell_C I live in Happy Valley Blackheath. I have been having this problem for the last month. In October i was regularly hitting over 20mbps on download speeds and I have full 3 bar signal on my B315 Router with my 200 gig package from Afrihost. I had completely unusable internet last night couldn't even make 0.1mbps all pages timing out. Here is the funny though. Every night at between 11:30pm to midnight magically without doing anything on the router my connection suddenly starts working. Really does feel like throttling from my days of ADSL and uncapped packages. But this is a capped package. how can I be throttled I haven't even used half of my data allowance yet. I know that there is network management on fixed line subscribers but is it common practice for users to be shaped that normal browsing like accessing google.com cant even launch. That seems very extreme to me? Is there anyway to have an investigation done on this because I have been providing information to Afrihost since yesterday but all the assistance i have received is relating to troubleshooting my router. Since the connection magically comes back at almost midnight then the device isn't faulty. This seems to be some kind of congestion or network management protocol in place on the cell c network. Will the roaming agreement with MTN affect the performance of Cellc Fixed wireless performance as it honestly feels like i'm shaped into the ground right now. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards Violet Venom
Thank you for the details.

We have referred your details to our network technicians, we will revert feedback once we have received it.

^NZ

GlassMirror

Expert Member
I'll create the apn when i get home sounds like a plan to me. Will you let me know if you do get any joy from that investigation. I have no plan to quit hounding them. I'm a paying customer and like everyone else here we have a right to receive assistance with a product we are paying for. Its not an unreasonable request in the slightest.
I'll let everyone on the other thread know what the results are from their investigation

VioletVenom

@Cell_C I have Pmed you my contact details for the engineers to contact me should they need to and all the relevant details about my location in black-heath Thanks @Cell_C .

VioletVenom

@Cell_C Is there any feedback from the network technicians as of yet as i have recieved a call two days ago to confirm the issue but no feedback again since. I got home last night and the Mtn apn i was using on my router in the meantime went red and i was forced to switch back to afrihost apn to get any signal to come through. Performance still terrible. So on the mtn apn i had zero signal with roaming enabled on the b315 which was working for the last three days to actually get a little data connection. Now back to afrihost apn with no service because it seems the roaming has been disabled out of the blue. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks

GlassMirror

Expert Member
@Cell_C Is there any feedback from the network technicians as of yet as i have recieved a call two days ago to confirm the issue but no feedback again since. I got home last night and the Mtn apn i was using on my router in the meantime went red and i was forced to switch back to afrihost apn to get any signal to come through. Performance still terrible. So on the mtn apn i had zero signal with roaming enabled on the b315 which was working for the last three days to actually get a little data connection. Now back to afrihost apn with no service because it seems the roaming has been disabled out of the blue. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks
I had the same exact issue last night and the night before. I think Afrihost is blocking the MTN profile

VioletVenom

I had the same exact issue last night and the night before. I think Afrihost is blocking the MTN profile
Looks like it only the afrihost apn is working right now but i received a call from Cellc though. They told me they are load balancing the tower in my area and the optimization will be completed by next week Thursday so there does seem to be an issue at my tower level. I'll post speedtest results once the setup is repaired. @Cell_C I appreciate the feedback and hope this will resolve my issue.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Looks like it only the afrihost apn is working right now but i received a call from Cellc though. They told me they are load balancing the tower in my area and the optimization will be completed by next week Thursday so there does seem to be an issue at my tower level. I'll post speedtest results once the setup is repaired. @Cell_C I appreciate the feedback and hope this will resolve my issue.
You're welcome :).

^NS

GlassMirror

Expert Member
You're lucky there's an issue at your tower cause with mine there was no fault and my speeds are still atrocious. Look at my signal levels and compare the speedtest results:

Signal Levels:
Screenshot_20181122-165352.png

Speedtest:
Screenshot_20181122-165347.png

8ta Network Optimist

H
Have you tried setting your b315 to 3G only. I get double the speed on 3G.